It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Involved In Hawaii EarthQuake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
impossible to keep quite..... just like the 9000 japanesse balloon sent in the 40's?!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think modern spy satellites way outpace anything anyone had in the 1940s

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
North Korea may have advanced long range missiles (despite their recent test failures!), but they don't have the accuracy so as to hit a fault line and cause an earthquake. They also don't have the technology to launch a missile that avoids detection by the US, Japan, South Korea, China, Russia, etc. And even if they had the world's most accurate long-range missile, which also is undetectable to friends and foes alike, they would STILL need the advanced and unrealistic knowledge of knowing exactly where to strike to cause an earthquake and exactly which area this earthquake would effect.

Sorry, my friend, but you're grabbing at straws here. I don't care how much you hype North Korea's missiles, your whole conspiracy is flawed. Even if, for the sake of argument, I concede that North Korea has the greatest and most advanced missile system ever known to man, you've failed to explain HOW firing a missile could cause such a large earthquake and WHY you think North Korea- A): Has the technology to do so, and B): Has the perverbial nuts to do it, and C): Would risk the very existence of their nation and government just to fire a missile at the world's lone superpower in an attempt at causing an earthquake with ZERO casualties and no plan to follow up the sneak attack with an invasion!

Sorry, but this whole thread has got my head spinning. I only wish there was a way to respond to these kinds of posts without giving the author any ATS points! Heck, I should be able to take some away as penalty in this case!!!!

PS- Please refrain from ignoring copyright and intillectual property laws and ATS rules by copying and pasting articles and reports about how magnificent NK's missiles are, all while doing nothing to help your argument anyway!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well, i hate to be a know it all- but i said this was a nuke hit FIRST!!!

I think it will come out that the Koreans were futzing around on that day.

I'm serious. They do not want us to know. (The government)

Keep your eyes and ears open for more information on this!! This will be the official start of WWIII.

The government knows.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
You mean to say a 1 KT nuke produced an earthquake of 6.5 on the Richter scale in a place as far away as Hawai?

Gilju - site of the nuclear test

Lol, I should get back to the drawing boards. Preposterous, to say the least! How can we be so naive to even think of such a corny theory? Heck, now I wouldn't be surprised if someone said that the Moon shook at its hinges as a consequence of this explosion!

[edit on 16-10-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Mike,

>>>>

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
You mean to say a 1 KT nuke produced an earthquake of 6.5 on the Richter scale in a place as far away as Hawai?

The earthquake occurred 12 miles deep, so that would also mean that this North Korean missile would have had to accurately fly to or near the fault line area then proceed roughly 12 miles down into the ocean and then precisely detonate.

Why am I getting memory flashbacks from the Indonesian conspiracy theories of the US or Russia setting off nukes to cause the tsunami, etc? Hmm...

Edit: corrections

[edit on 16-10-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
1. i didn't say they aimed at a fault line to cause an earthquake...i simply stated that the earthquake is due to a miss of hawaii and the earthquake is a direct result of a failed missile strike

2. i'm not saying the DPRK is all great and powerful from a weapons stand point...i am mearly sharing the truth that the arrgument that the north is poor and can't feed their people is not a strong and accurate argument for not having the ability to have an advanced weapons program

3. the north could and very much would do something like this because they know china would never allow us to strike that region again even if they sent us a "warhead" present!

Would risk the very existence of their nation and government just to fire a missile at the world's lone superpower

4. check your history my friend...one man planned and executed the deaths of 3000 americans with 747's and still is not caught...but you'll say we invaded and took control...really?! do you really believe that.

wake up people..... the truth is always the first to be dismissed!

[edit on 16-10-2006 by adamdkiger]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Why am I getting memory flashbacks from the Indonesian conspiracy theories of the US or Russia setting off nukes to cause the tsunami, etc? Hmm...

Yeah, as I indicated earlier I was thinking the same thing.

At least this time we're the victims not the bad guys!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamdkiger
1. i didn't say they aimed at a fault line to cause an earthquake...i simply stated that the earthquake is due to a miss of hawaii and the earthquake is a direct result of a failed missile strike

And as mentioned, this would have been detected.

2. i'm not saying the DPRK is all great and powerful from a weapons stand point...i am mearly sharing the truth that the arrgument that the north is poor and can't feed their people is a strong and accurate argument for not having the ability to have an advanced weapons program

Hmmm.

3. the north could do something like this because they know china would never allow us to strike that region again even if the sent us a "warhead" present!

Note: What "could" have happened and what is reality based actuality is and are two different things.

4. ""Would risk the very existence of their nation and government just to fire a missile at the world's lone superpower ".....check your history my friend...one man planned and executed the deaths of 3000 americans with 747's and still is not caught...but you'll say we invaded and ttok control...really?! do you really believe that.

Your apparently believing that the US engineered 9/11?
Oh well, after all, this is a conspiracy site....

wake up people..... the truth is always the first to be dismissed!

Really?! Say it isn't so.
Is that "According to Garp" or simply rhetoric given out when disputed?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
OR it could be that this government wants to predict the attack first.

We wouldnt want not to know and be caught by surprise, would we.

Latest:

WASHINGTON, Oct. 16 (Kyodo) _
The United States has detected fresh signs that North Korea may be preparing for a second nuclear test, according to U.S. media reports Monday.

U.S spy satellites have detected "suspicious vehicle movements" that could be preparations for another test near the site where North Korea conducted its first underground nuclear explosion test on Oct. 9, ABC News said, quoting unidentified U.S. officials.

NBC News also reported unidentified U.S. officials as saying U.S. spy satellites are picking up signs of truck and people movements.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i keep forgetting...any detection of missile activity is most definitley made public...actually it is sent to each of our house holds straight from kinkos

Your apparently believing that the US engineered 9/11?

uhhh no... how do you get that from my comments?

Is that "According to Garp" or simply rhetoric given out when disputed?

truth is truth...i don't care if you believe me or not...think what you want to think... your opinion is just that, your opinion....

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

is it just me or is it a little strange an earthquake shows up just 48 hours after we sanction N. Korea and they publicly state the sanctions are now an act of war?! Why isn't anyone talking about this? they produce a 4.8 quake from testing and Hawaii gets a 6.2 in a region with no fault lines?

why you shouldn't even know about it and noone wants you to think about it?!

1. missle defense doesn't & didn't work (don't want china and russia to know that!)
2. elections are comming

3. mass panic of the american people

4. full scale war now a must & Iraq now must be dealt with

Well boys and girls, get out your tin hats.

The fact that this poster didn't even bother to check and see if Hawaii has fault lines before making up this far fetched theory (which no facts support) is the epitome of ridiculousness and deserves a big thumb down.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
there are fault lines everywhere! i should have said "major"....make ya feel better?!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

i keep forgetting...any detection of missile activity is most definitley made public...actually it is sent to each of our house holds straight from kinkos

Any North Korean launched missile will be detected and be assured, the public via media will more than likely be made aware. No secret passwords, Crackjack decoder rings, etc required.

uhhh no... how do you get that from my comments?

Was a simple question, hence the question mark.

truth is truth...i don't care if you believe me or not...think what you want to think... your opinion is just that, your opinion....

Newsflash, truth is perception and perception is determined by the viewer or individual, thus truth becomes your own perceptions (aka "opinion") of events, news, etc. In short, truth boils down to being nothing more than perception based opinion relative to the individual.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Everyone assumes North Korea has the ability to carry out such an attack. We saw what happened to their missile test. The nuclear test did not go as planned and they don't have the capacity to build a bomb small enough to fit on a missile.

Delivery by plane is not an option because the US will detect it and force it to land or shoot it down if it pose as a threat. Plus, there is no radiation, no big firball, no fatalities of that matter.

This is the most outrageous claim I've heard on the boards.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
well it's been fun guys.....missiles on commercial planes bringing down the trade towers...chemical lines in the sky...aliens performing sex acts.... nice....real nice....

This is the most outrageous claim I've heard on the boards

i suggest that hawaii may have fell victim to a botched missile attack and i'm the one you need to wear a foil hat for...

good luck to all of you...i'm going to bed with my wife...have a good night alone for the rest of ya! hahahahahahahaha

[edit on 16-10-2006 by adamdkiger]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Unlike most conventional earthquakes that occur along fault lines this is slightly different as the geology of hawaii is built upon a hotspot, where magma rises through the crust due to an underlying mantle plume.

See here: en.wikipedia.org...(geology)

Earthquake damage is dictated not only by the strength of the quake but also the depth. I believe this earthquake occured fairly deep (as is the nature of this sort of earthquake) so the damage was less than you might expect from a shallower fault line quake of a similar magnitude.

If it was triggered by an explosion or impact, it would still involve some kind of device that could have tunnelled several kilometers into the earth. I think the chances of this are Nil.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Adamdkiger,
Yes it made me think of this when Japan just recently had an earthquake also, it seems fishy to me, not to mention, that I have heard in the past that North Korea also has a pretty good submarine fleet, which also makes me remember I believe Russia sold Iran a submarine.
Submarines are so mysterious, and secret, we never really think about them and what they could do, so yes I wounder what is going on un the ocean, maybe it should be investigated, which in turn again makes me remember about the 04 tsunami, do we have any reports or investigations about that? I think it funny how some things get sweeped under the rug so to speak and then you never hear anymore about them.
Your post is an interesting concept.

PHARAOH1133

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Thank you for the post/thread, adamdkiger, but there is an existing discussion on the recent earthquake in Hawaii.

In Fragile Earth:
No Electricity in Hawai ?? 6.3 magnitude earthquake(update 6.6)

To those who have posted here, please add your thoughts and comments to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you.

closing ...

[edit on 10/16/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join