It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy surrounding "Really Above Top Secret"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeepCoverUK
While thinking in my frustration, I formulated a possible conspiracy theory whereby the senior members of ATS influence the content of ATS, where these great minds get together to discuss the general line that ATS will take on a certain subject. I could be way out, but I cant tell!

Well,
for being creative.

Senior members of ATS, do influence the content. Their brilliant work raises the bar for the rest of us, thus influencing the content of our site. Do they control the content? No.

I don't think anybody controls the content. The staff can moderate what is on the site, but nobody dictates what stance ATS takes on a subject. I believe ATS does not take a stance on any subject, they remain neutral and permit discussion within its boards. Permitting it does abide by the T&C.

If ATS were to take a Republican stance, Would Democratic discussions be permitted? If it were against Gay Marriage, would homosexual agendas be permitted?

You need to understand ATS has been around for a few years with an enormous membership. The amount of information that is on these servers is breath taking. Rarely will you find an issue that has not been discussed on these boards atleast once. What you need to do is give it a fresh breath of air, and possibly look at it from an angle not discussed yet.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I used to have RATS access, but then came the subscription fee and I decided it wasn't really worth paying for on a monthly basis. As it's been said before, all that's really different is that it doesn't come up on google, but the discussions are pretty similar to what happens outside. You can usually find very similar theories and discussions on the rest of the forum if you're good with the search function. Although that's assuming nothing much has changed.

Now as for the seniors on the forum having a conspiracy of their own, well that's always a possibility but one that I doubt is too likely. Although there's no doubt they influence the forum, abliet not so much as spreading propaganda but more so that they're like a grandparent to you (or parent for those of you sensitive about your ages) and you just can't help but take what they say to heart.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join