It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Observer Images Opportunity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Opportunity imaged from orbit

So how is it we still have no images of any spacecraft on the moon? No surveyors, no lunar module base platforms, no Soviet landers/rovers, no NASA lunar rovers?

If I don't get some leads, I fear I may be compelled to move this thread to a conspiracy forum. This from a firm believer in NASA and the Apollo program.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Good question, especially as SMART-1 supposidely got several pics of several landing sites, but has yet to publish them...

But dont worry, they tell ya plain as day... they got the pics...
so doesn't that rest your conspired mind now?

it is a little strange that they have never published these pics, but took the time to take them anyway...
this article from SPACE.com states that they are dispensing with any thoughts of a Moon Hoax thanks to these "Unseen" images, that they now accept exist.

space.com- moon landing hoax is proven false?

I dont know about you, but it does make me pause to wonder why these "absolute proof of mankind landing on moon" pics haven't surfaced yet?
hummm.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Interesting indeed.

If they don't provide photographic evidence of the 1960's and 70's moon missions when they return to the moon in 12-15 years (or whatever the schedule is) many Apollo hoax masters will be riding high.

jra

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
So how is it we still have no images of any spacecraft on the moon?

Because no probes with high res cameras have been sent to the Moon... yet. In 2008 the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter will be sent and it will image the Moon in high detail (half meter per pixel), just like the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

Between 2008 and 2011, NASA plans to do robotic missions to the Moon. I'm not sure what else they are planning. I believe they will send a robotic lander/rover, but I'm not sure.

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Good question, especially as SMART-1 supposidely got several pics of several landing sites, but has yet to publish them...

You are incorrect I'm afraid. Here is SMART-1's image of Apollo 11. esamultimedia.esa.int...

You're not going to see anything though. SMART-1 didn't have a high res camera. It took images at a resolution of 80 meters per pixel, so you can't expect to see much detail with that.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
jra, Thanks for the information. I must admit I'm a bit surprised that NASA had its focus so solidly on Mars that they would get a high res imager into Mars orbit before lunar orbit

I know the conventional wisdom for 30 years has been "Theres nothing on the moon - we won the political race, let it be." but I always thought that behind the scenes NASA had to be planning to return to the moon on a permanent basis.

Assuming that to be the case, I thought they would have highly detailed images of the lunar surface by now. By comparison, it would seem to be extremely econmical to image the moon at high res.

Can't wait to see the images from the planned 2008 LRO mission.

new topics

top topics

join