It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush planning to buy 98K acres in Paraquay?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Prensa reports that the Bush Family is negotiating to purchase a 98K acre farm in Paraquay. Is this the political fallout shelter, just an investment or just an inherent love of Paraguay?....very ,very odd!

www.plenglish.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
That link doesn't work.

There is a thread on this subject here:
GW Bush and family to relocate to Paraguay!! with some sources.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What does he know that the rest of us don't?
Nevermind, ya'll don't need to answer that! Anyways ... I wonder why he'd do that? Wonder if they found some oil under that ground that they aren't talking about and he wants in on the ground floor.

That would be something a politician would do ... absolute power corrupts absolutely.

But .. who knows .. perhaps it's something just peachy keen (although i doubt it).

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well they don't speak English in Paraguay and Bush can't speak it either so language wouldn't be a problem

Besides that, Paraguay is one of the most corrupt places in the western hemisphere, south of Washington DC so he and his family would fit right in.

However aren't right wing dictators supposed to flee to the United States, not flee from it?

[edit on 16-10-2006 by grover]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
We need to start a thread just to keep track of all those shifted their money and resources to other countries. there seems to be alot of them.
art bell.....phillipines
Dr. Doom......Ukraine....
Bush...Paraguay...hey he's one up on me, I can't even think of where it is at the moment....South America?
Cheney...weren't they looking at vacation homes in former yugoslavia or something?

who else??

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hey. Wasn't Paraguay where all the Nazi top-brass went after they escaped Germany post WWII??

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Not sure about the Nazi's, but Paraguay just adopted a resolution granting itself immunity from the International Criminal Court - meaning that residents can't be tried for war crimes, acts of genocide, etc.

Real estate values must be going through the roof, ahead of the midterm elections...

en.wikipedia.org...

U.S. Military Controversy

In 2006, a classified memo was leaked that revealed the United States has interest in an air base in Mariscal Estigarribia, Paraguay. This memo, authored by David Wurmser and Michael Maloof, [1] notes that both Wurmser, and Maloof had met the American neo-conservatives to discuss a plan to attack "terrorists" in the natural reserve rich South American region. About 500 US troops landed in at the air base in Mariscal Estigarribia, Paraguay in July 2005, after Paragua's senate voted to authorize immunity from the International Criminal Court. American occupation of this base would put the Bolivian gas fields at center stage of the region.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I wonder if that was his plan all along. Use the American people to finance his personal agendas then corrupt the gov and leave our country vunerable and hated by all. All so he can pick up his money and move out of the country! What kind of president is that? Frustrating!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Very enlightning- this story belongs up front and center.

The plot thickens.

He's planning his gettaway so he cant be tried as war criminal?

OMG!!!

join