It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look out UK, Big Brother is coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I used to shrug off all the stories about video surveillence programs, but this is starting to really bother me. Just wondered what our British cousins think about this story.

Unmanned Aerial Video Surveillence

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
How long before some mersey chavs shoot one down and reconfigure the controls so they can fly Crack peddling missions across the river!

Seriously,I know where you`re coming from Darkblue.Its getting to the point where full spectrum surveilance will become possible.
Thats what they want isn`t it?
All garage forecourts in the Uk were supposed to have the ANPR scheme rolled out by this summer,but last i heard they had to delay it.Not sure if thats going yet.
And those blue cameras you see on all UK roads(the ones on a tall blue pole):At first we were told they were just for people with sat navs,so they could get real time info on congestion.
Now it appears those blue camera will also be used with the ANPR .All info goes back to the lovable database in london.
Welcome to the hive....Sure does suck don`t it!

Never even had a parking ticket BTW,so why the hell should i be tracked? fume...grumble,etc

(edit)just sussed out your from NY...ANPR Automatic Number Plate Recognition BTW,although you probably have the same deal there too.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by Silcone Synapse]

new topics

join