It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a myth??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Why wait for dark to use the ouji board? Do it now! Summon the dead!!

Good Point. I guess I could. I'm just now sure how the other guys here at work would feel about me using the Ouji in the floor here.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Nyk, I'm curious if you have "anyone" in mind to contact when you finally use the ouja board or are you just going to try to communicate with any random spirits that happen to be around?

What if there aren't any around? Then it won't work.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Elaine, you're under the presumption that it indeed "works" so any result but the one you expect (something actually happening) you would attribute to error and mistake instead of interpreting it as proof that it's just a myth?

[edit on 19-10-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well, it definitely won't work if we (or Nyk) assumes already that is does'nt (work that is). I thought we had established that belief is a big factor in these things?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
For anything to be considered a fact and indeed real you should be able to get the same result if all the conditions, except the person involved are kept the same, otherwise it's nothing more then a mere invention of the human psyche, a sort of Placebo Effect, if you will. In other words, two plus two always equals four no matter who does the calculation or what they believe in, the answer will always be four. But if you're telling me that you have to "believe something" beforehand then I start to lose interest.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
the mirror thing does work, this is how you do it and if you do not follow the directions carefully it will not happen or things go wrong. it is about self hypnosis. yes you could see anything and do anything and even physical things happen to you. the thing is you afflict yourself and dont know it until you wake up from the hypnosis which leaves you wondering what happened, but you think that something did it to you when actually you did it to yourself. please leave bloody anything out of what you say and always remember no matter what you see or hear that you are in control. here is how you do it. a large mirror for best effects, but lets start out with a small one first ok. never go right to the big mirror if you are not familliar with this. ### ok, take a small mirror set it somewhere so that you can stare into it while relaxing or meditating. stare into the mirror for several minutes, ill say 10 or 15. this is crucial, you must do this. also you must focus on a point somewhere in the mirror and DO NOT TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THIS POINT. for "starters" only, please say this or things could go wrong. im in control and repeat it all the time, you dont have to say this outloud, just say it. now dont get scared right away if you see in the mirror, your face starts to distort or look evil, its not, it is the effects of the hypnosis starting to work. also dont get discouraged and think your not under this hypnosis when you could be. you will know when you hear a voice say im in control and you think someone else is saying it. once you realize this the voice will stop and you can begin your journey. for starters, after you know you are under. think to yourself and say it that you want to see, lets say austrailia or hawaii or something. when it works things get white and fade to color again and you are there. to wake up, say, im in control and repeat it several times and then say i will wake up on the third clap. one,two, three. dont be scared when you find yourself sitting in front of the mirror. your journey is complete.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
YES YES .. ive heard of this when i was little, tried it many a time .. (for no reason). i mean hell, it would be cool if this worked.. i guess. but has anybody ever seen the series of movies CANDYman? ... 1, 2 and 3. they all revolve around that idea. say the name in the mirror and there ya go. obvious myth, but its good to get your date scared to start the night haha. if this actually worked, how packed do you think the mental institutions would be???

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Alright. Well, I tried the Ouji board last night. Now remember, I went into this with no belief one way or the other, I didn't expect it to work or not work. I was completely objective and open-minded about it. So I sat down and laid the board out. I put the fingers lightly on the peice, and began to ask questions. After a few minutes.....

Nothing.

I asked a few more questions. Asked for names, if anyone or anything was present, etc. etc... Waited a few minutes.....

Nothing.

I asked if anyone could hear me, if anyone was there at all, who would win the World Series......

Nothing.

As you can tell, nothing happened. I felt like a fool afterwards sitting in the floor asking questions to myself. However, I know that some of you will say that perhaps there were just no spirits there to talk to. So I am going to reserve judgment, and try again somewhere else. Somewhere in which there should be lots of spirits. I'm not sure where yet, but we'll think of something.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
heres how i heard it goes

1) ask if theres someone there

2)ask questions

3)say goodbye

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Yep, that's what I did. Just nothing happened. Which further leads me to beleive Ouji boards only work in groups through the power of suggestion. I don't think there is anything to it at all.

Like I said though. I am going to try one more time tonight at a different location to see if I can get different results. We'll see.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
You should also keep careful notes of anything unusual that you happen to notice during your day as well. If there is anything to the ouji board, even if you didn't get it to give you asnswers it may be possible that you attracted the attention of someone or something. I can't remember where I read it now, but it seems that when you dabble in these things it is quite possible that something may attach itself to you.

Maybe that is the definition of possession? At any rate, you should keep a little notepad with you now, jotting down anything that might strike you as odd. Anything from little thoughts to ... I guess anything. Of course there may be nothing to any of this at all, however I think that you should collect as much data as possible the same way you would with any experiment.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
ok, see how it goes. i honestly think that you have to be in groups

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
You should also keep careful notes of anything unusual that you happen to notice during your day as well. If there is anything to the ouji board, even if you didn't get it to give you asnswers it may be possible that you attracted the attention of someone or something. I can't remember where I read it now, but it seems that when you dabble in these things it is quite possible that something may attach itself to you.

Maybe that is the definition of possession? At any rate, you should keep a little notepad with you now, jotting down anything that might strike you as odd. Anything from little thoughts to ... I guess anything. Of course there may be nothing to any of this at all, however I think that you should collect as much data as possible the same way you would with any experiment.

That's an excellent idea. I have begun jotting things down as of now. I am at work now and nothing strange has happened as of yet. I will continue to keep an eye out for anything however. I'll be sure to post my results on here again later on. I'm not sure if I'm hoping for something to happen or not now.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hemlock
ok, see how it goes. i honestly think that you have to be in groups

I just can't agree with that. Assuming that there is actually something to this of course. Wouldn't you think that if it was real, it would be real no matter what? Why would it only be real under certain conditions? It just seems like if something works, it should work no matter what.

Take the example given earlier. 2 + 2 =4. This is true no matter what. It doesn't change if I'm in a group, or alone. It doesn't become false if I have the lights out, or candles lit. So if Ouji boards were actually tools to contact something, wouldn't the same rules of truth apply?

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Why would it only be real under certain conditions? It just seems like if something works, it should work no matter what.

Does'nt any "experiment" always need certain conditions in order to get results?

And anyway Nyk, maybe it is best for you if you really are completely dispassionate while you're doing these experiments of yours.

We would'nt want your head spinning around and spitting green pea soup at us later.

[edit on 20-10-2006 by elaine]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
ill second that with 'yes, i agree'

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Nomatter what you believe, i'm sure ouija boards work.
(I didn't use a made board but letters on paper with wine glass)
One thing I noticed was if you move the glass yourself, it slides on the table rather ungracefully, with scraping noises.
But when you actually get something else moving it (spirit or wahtever it is)
It glides as if it is just above the tabletop by a miniscule amount of space.
It glides so easily.

As for mirrors one thing I know does work, if you go into your bathroom at night with no light but you can see by the moonlight and just see yourself in the mirror,
stare at one point and dont move your eyes, after a minute it seems as your face changes or disapears (just a trick of the mind) but as soon as you move your eyes its all back to normal.

I've tried bloody mary and candyman nothing happened, except when I first saw candyman I was 7 or 8 and I tried it in the mirror, all I managed to do was implant thought in my mind that he was gonna get me, and scared myself for the rest of the night whilst trying to sleep.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Take the example given earlier. 2 + 2 =4. This is true no matter what. It doesn't change if I'm in a group, or alone. It doesn't become false if I have the lights out, or candles lit. So if Ouji boards were actually tools to contact something, wouldn't the same rules of truth apply?

Not entirely. Like I stated earlier, spirits feed off of energy. Your best bet is to have more people in the room, because there is more energy to give off. More people means there is likely more emotional energy like fear, sadness, anger, and love being used. If you want to find a better place to use the ouji, try some place that has had lots of emotion such as fear, anger, or hate, or find somewhere you know someone has passed away. Graveyards will rarely work, since the ones there have already died before they were brought there.

If you can, would you also video tape any happenings? It would be interesting to see what is occuring in background and environment.

[edit on 21-10-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Okay guys, I tried again, (this time in a place where I know for a fact someone has died) and once again nothing happened.

I am noticing that people keep adding things to the list of "requirments" in order to get results out of a Ouji board. I've seen the comment that perhaps I should do it with more people. Also that I should videotape this event. Well I think that is a good idea.

I'm going to organize a little get together in which myself and a few others will attempt to contact some spirits using Ouji board, in a place we all know to have "spirit" activity. I'm not sure when this will take place, but I will videotape it and then post the tape (if anything happens) for you guys to see.

Before I do this, what are you suggestions in order to make this work?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
You, and your group of friends should go to the graveyard! That should be a perfect place to find spirits
On Halloween

I'm against playing with such things, I wouldn't want to open any doorways for anything (spirit, demon, etc) to get a foot grip into my life. However, you said earlier that you just didn't believe a group of people was needed to make the ouji board work. Wouldn't it stand to reason though, that spirits and spooks draw from peoples energy, and a group of people should provide that energy, especially if there is fear involved. I would think fear would have a great deal of energy? Maybe not

Spelling correction (Edit)**

[edit on 10/23/2006 by jensouth31]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join