It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hot Girl or Not? VIDEO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Ideals of beauty are always subjective, eye of the beholder and all that, but when women who are 5'9" or taller weigh in the neighborhood of 105 lbs. somethings not right. A prime example would be Nicole Richie...she's resembles nothing so much as a skeleton...her problem is now, I would guess, not only physical, but psychological...she thinks she's too fat. She's what five foot six maybe? She weighs maybe 85-90 lbs?

I just looked at some of her pictures. If she wants to be thinner, is she going for the holocaust surviver look? Heck, she is practically there already.

I had a next door neighbour who was naturally skinny, and had the sam skinny look as Nicole Richie. Here she didn't land any gourgous hunk as all those ads claim. If you are this skinny, all the guys will fall over themselves after you. Actually she was homeless for awhile. She became my neighbour when she hooked up with a drug user who got busted for driving while intoxicated. She left him after awhile of taking his abuse, and I'm not sure what happened to her since.

Being that skinny does not make you pretty even with blond hair, which she also had. The girls need to get it through their thick skulls that even if you have the correct precieved correct "looks" that does not mean you will get what you want out of life. Looks will only get you so far in shallow circles. Otherwise prepare for a rude awakening in the real world.

It is a major problem that these skinny (can't pinch an inch) girls are calling themselves fat. They will have health problems because they are too thin. Obesity does not capitalize on health problems due to weight.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
After seeing the video i wonder why they need real persons at all!??...they transform everithing...!

Dae

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Still waiting for the conspiracy angle - hey Mods" shouldn't this be relegated to BTS?

The thing is, this thread is perfect for ATS and not BTS, its about media influence and corporate mind games, its about creating a low self image to sell products, its about control and manipulation. In fact a thread like this would sit excellently in my new board suggestion: New Board Suggestion - Cults, Mind Control & Memetics

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I found this today on my typical roam across the net..

Source

We see them everywhere we look; girls who look almost too perfect gracing the covers of magazines, newspaper ads, and movie posters. They are the objects of our dreams. Many of us believe, and rightly so, that we don’t have a snowballs chance in hell with these women. However, everything is not as it seems. Frankly, if the “DaVinci Code” was true, it would not be even close to the magnitude of the cover-up we are about to expose here. Let us have a look at a few pictures of some of the "goddesses" we worship everyday, one with makeup and one without.

We will start with Cameron Diaz.

It goes to show everything is not as it seems in life, I wish it was this easy in proving 9/11 is a farce.. Anyway happy looking.

[edit on 11/26/2006 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 11/26/2006 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
rofl, the original link isn't working, and I just happened to find the vid again. Simply amazing.

Campaign for Real Beauty (video, 50 sec)

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I dont find cameron diaz, drew barrymore, pamela anderson or brittney spears attractive or hot.

I have known attractive or what some people call beautiful women and that is all most of them are. Once they open their mouths most..not all ..but most are a disappointment. Definitely not hot.

Also over time I have learned that beautiful and hot are not the same thing. I dont find many of the so called beautiful women hot at all.

I have known women who are not what is termed beautiful but are very hot to me.

Also for most of my life I have enjoyed the company of older women...not younger ones. When a man learns the comfort of a older woman it is often a let down to go back to younger ones. That is just the thing I have noticed like a fingerprint. ARe all women like this ...no they are not...it is just that this is the overall fingerprint I have noticed for myself.

Beauty and being hot is to me two seperate things or concepts.

Also if you are a man....and have your head out of your backside...women....some women have a internal beauty which once you see it and realize its value..it will outshine and outlast any outer beauty. This is a real womanly gift...a blessing to a man who can see further than his oil shortage. Quite rare in women now days. Also rare in men.

I am not impressed with what passes for beauty in the marketplace. It is often a real disappointment.

THe point of the poster and what they do to these women to pass for beauty is correct...its a farce and a travesty. But it is highly marketable.
Decide for yourself as a man or woman if you want to get on and stay on this treadmill. Or do you have enough courage to say ..the king has no clothes..the king is naked.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Well, firstly, it is only common sense that dictates that most of these pictures,videos, et cetera, have been manipulated. Most of these "people" you see in advertising are not real. I don't mean that in the context of they don't exist, but I mean it in as they are not as perfect as the picture or video would have you believe.

Part of what is wrong with todays' very superficial society is that they think that people can actually be as perfect as they are in advertisements and such. Wake up!! No one is flawless physically. I guarantee you, I can find the most beautiful woman or man in the world and there is something wrong with them. Maybe their head is a little too big for their body, or one shoulder bone isn't as symmetrical as the other, something.

Perfection is a lie.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Delta Alter
How ironic

A company that sells lotions and potions to make women more 'attractive' suddenly has a vested interest in saving women from the falsness of the beauty industry.

Last time I looked, Dove sold shampoos and conditioners that promise 'perfect glossy hair' and moisturisers to keep you skin 'silky soft and blemish free.'

All of which are force fed to dogs under laboratory conditions in toxicity tests

They can take their 'campaign for real beauty' and stick it firmly up their @$$

I really agree with this. This is just an ad campaign that wants people to think "wow, they're not so shallow, how great". But what they sell is to make you appear better.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Two points from a photog,
1) Those celeb pictures where they show the ugly 'real' celeb and the photoshopped model picture aren't imho fair. These ugly pictures are obviously taken from the 'horror gallery' where they just happened to be at their worst, and the light etc. is the worst possible. Magazines etc. actually keep these in database in case they need to make someone look ugly for a negative story.
2) All advertising these days is pretty much photoshop. Look at cars etc. They can take up to 22 (what I've seen) different images to compile the perfect scenery and then they add a 3D model car to it. They even have software that calculates the shadows and reflections to the images.
Photographers aren't even needed that much anymore, if you want good work then it's good to learn photoshop because image manipulators have as much work as they can handle.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
the original link is to the 'pro-age' product line. loved it.

i hate make-up on girls. girls are born perfect.
i hate cosmetic surgery. it makes people look like FREAKS, and erases their natural beauty.
i love dove for this 'campaign'.

the reason models have bad skin, is because they constantly choke the pores with goop.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I am always attracted to natural beauty, when I see a girl who seems to wear little to no make up, and she is damn hot, then she is truly naturaly pretty.

Also Ive seen many girls who look WAY better without a lot of makeup, or no makeup, Sometimes the makeup makes them look older and have less personality.

Another thing I hate is coloured contact lenses, a lot of girls do that now, and I can tell straight away that its fake, even men do it, and the weird thing is, when I see them with their natural eye colour, they look more beautiful, more natural, more real, more personality, that why I love natural beauty.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Also you gotta admire male beauty, lol Im not gay, but there are many of us guys that can look handsome, and pretty good without ever wearing makeup.
What you see is what you get.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
A lol Im not gay,

You know, it's funny that a guy used to be able, 30 or 40 years ago, comment on another male's "handsomeness," without having to say, "No I am not gay." It's amazing how society has "evolved."

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

A lol Im not gay,

You know, it's funny that a guy used to be able, 30 or 40 years ago, comment on another male's "handsomeness," without having to say, "No I am not gay." It's amazing how society has "evolved."

Society has not evolved here. Our language skills have detiorated substantially. We no longer know much about the English language outside of four letter words to describe mostly emotions.

The word handsome in English..implied ..Pleasing to the eye. It was often applied to describing women too. You would read an authors work describing a handsome woman....She was a hansdome woman...and prone to....so and so and so. Our language skills have detiorated such that we no longer are aware of this construction of words.

Handsome was also not necessarily gender specific. A building or location could be described as handsome.

How this got associated with being gay ....escapes me. People are to sexually oriented today. This cannot be accidental. Another evidence of not evolving...but dumbing down.

Also in the days of good language skills gay meant something entirely different.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This video does a good example of showing that "overdoing increases the statement".

I have met many a model that I was surprised was a model at first glance, but when I looked close I could see that spark.
Most times it's about those eyes, that jawline, those lips...

The case depicted in Dove's commercial is made solely for the purpose of... serving Dove and supporting their statement (which is ok... by all means!!! Naturality is fine.).
But most times in "real" cases we go about finding a model which suits the job without needing to do too much work. Extra work means extra costs for the client, and clients are many times some freaking cheapskates :S

The amount of photoshop done in that commercial is outrageous
Sure, we do some photoshopping. Even though a lot of make-up and styling is a applied and we use the right light we still have small touch ups to do, and it has always been like this, so no secrets here.

In commercial photography we have a saying that

"the nice photo is right"

meaning that as long as the result looks good it doesn't matter how we got there.

- Cherio

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Also Ive seen many girls who look WAY better without a lot of makeup, or no makeup, Sometimes the makeup makes them look older and have less personality.

Interesting you bring that up. I mean no offense by this, but maybe you would be interesting in joining me for an experiment?
Defining natural beauty...

Could you... or any of you, post some photos of females you think look "naturally beautiful" in that precise photo?
I would be interesting to see what you come up with

This is a serious request...

Edit: Wow... Pam sure looks very trailertrash like on that photo :S There goes my childhood fantasies

[edit on 24/4/07 by flice]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Could you... or any of you, post some photos of females you think look "naturally beautiful" in that precise photo?
I would be interesting to see what you come up with

[edit on 24/4/07 by flice]

Now this was harder than I first thought, MANY celibrities wear a LOT of makeup, and its hard to find a girl who is naturally pretty, Its hard to tell too with all the makeup.

About what I said before I was refering to real life girls I know, who Ive seen without makeup and with a lot of makeup and they are beautiful both ways, a little makeup is nice, but I think there should be a limit.

A lot of celebrities especially ones that seem like sex symbols, are not that hot, they just wear less clothes and more makeup haha.

Anyway I took up your suggestion, and I found a pic of a girl I think is naturally beautiful, her name is Adriana Lima and she is HOT, ofcourse being a model its hard to find pictures without makeup, but I found a picture that seems to show her with little to no makeup, and seems not to be photoshoped, and she is STILL DAMN HOT!

Here she is esumlu.madoka.be...

For more search her name in google.

I cant really think of many more naturally beautiful celebs, except maybey, Jessica Alba, Natalie Portman, Halle Berry? And A LOT of bollywood stars mmm.

[edit on 25-4-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Now this was harder than I first thought, MANY celibrities wear a LOT of makeup, and its hard to find a girl who is naturally pretty, Its hard to tell too with all the makeup.

Yeah she sure is pretty, but I again I feel like she atleast is wearing some basic foundation. No mascara though... So they eyes are very naturally pretty.
Clearly isn't photoshopped, but I just wanna she that face without the foundation
I think often we judge it by the look of their skin and how much touch up the eyes need.

Great eyes!
she's lovely...

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Glad you like her, nice eyes for sure.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mareterna
Why are women still being used in advertising this way? Yeah I know "sex sells," but I think we lose a lot when we focus on external and not the internal.

I could get a better feel for who she was in the before picture than in the after. More depth, less makeup.

Because they are selling "external beauty" products.. not trying to produce an accurate portrait.

I don't see any difference between a photographer enhancing a girl's looks digitally, and that same girl enhancing her own looks for a night out with make-up, wonder-bra, and fake tan. Both are distortions of reality.

Digital re-touching doesn't create any new "unattainable" standards. There have always been "anattainably beautiful" girls, that will make "regular" girls feel insecure.

All it does is lower the production costs of the advertising campaign by allowing them to use a cheaper model. 20 years ago you might have paid $20k for a top drawer model for the shoot. Now they can hire a model for $2000 and make her look like a $20k model with $3000 worth of post production.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join