It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, now i'm a believer!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I've never seen a ghost. I don't doubt that others have though, since I have met many credible people who have. I say to that thing you saw, 'Shadow figure who is scaring my friend, I say to you, why don't you come to my place instead? I dare you. If you dare to do so, I will be very happy. Leave this Roblin alone. '
Of course, I have a strong feeling that that did nothing at all, since I have made similar challenges all my life. And never been taken up on it. I was told there are no evil spirits. Some people disagree, but I have found that since I heard that, I have not felt any fear, as I said earlier. Fear is the only thing which grows larger the farther you move away from it. I send you my best wishes for strength. I have not seen a ghost, but I once felt there were two in my apartment. I told them to leave. That there were ghosts here is by no means certain, but there was odd things happening that led me to believe that.
Remember Tom Petty's words, 'You can stand me up at the gates of hell, but I won't back down.'

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Roblin
Yes you will go into shock more than likely, delayed shock pehaps. What I told you was the truth even though it sounds too far out there.

When the shadow man came to my place I chased him round the house one day because he annoyed me so much. I eventually caught him upstairs in the corner of the room. I couldn't hold him but I had him trapped and I could feel energy pouring from him. I just yelled at him or something, I forget now.

Originally posted by roblin
Probed

I'm sorry, but that is just so unbelievable to me, why wouldn't the"elf" just show itself if it was trying to be friendly. What would be the point of scaring the livinf daylights out of me?

It's like I said: They are unbelievably gentle kind beings and they put on a tough act to make us think they are dangerous when they're not. It's a way of waking a human up to spiritual reality without making the human become attached to the spiritual being.

I found that out the hard way but it is the truth I believe.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I just wanted to say thanks because this story made me join ATS and post my story, something that happened a good 15 years ago.

Very weird and I don't think your hoaxing.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I wonder why we only seem to hear about menacing or scary stories. I remember a dark and windy night and almost not a soul was out except for me. As I approached a lobby door it suddenly swung open and then it closed behind me after I went through. I thought what a nice coincidence. However a guy in the lobby saw the whole thing and acted like I was the terminator.

The guy tried to duck out of sight, stumble on some chairs, and then run for it. I thought that was funny. Meanwhile I played an arcade game for 30 minutes with no one bothering me the whole time. Then when I approached the door, it opened up for me again. That was a bit weird. Maybe the guy in the lobby saw something I didn't see.

I do believe there are evil spirits but I haven't seen them myself. It might be interesting if you could catch the weird shadow on film. I wouldn't want to see something like that in my home though.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Great sleep last night, stayed awake until 1am, with all my AV kit pwered up ready to go, I had no spooky / creepy feelings at all yesterday, drifted off to sleep must have been about two.

Seems wierd thinking about it now, I am sitting here kinda hoping it did happen so I could get a phot or video of it, but also happy that I didn't have to confront whatever it is..

Thanks to all the messages on here, and i'm glad that some believe me...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
From what I know about these shadows, is that they feed off of fear. The more scared you are the more they are able to manifest energy.. I wanted to think of them as spirits, but the more I find about this energy, the more I tend to think that it is either past energy collecting in an area, that manifests itself with more of our current energy.. I dont know however, I really dont.. I just know I have had exp. with shadows, and when I dont feed them, they tend to go away...
Also just to add.. Ive been doing this in my home for about 5 years now.. I go to a corner of a room in the day time, and yell as loud as I can and slam on the walls, and put as much energy as I can in that area.. I hope maybe that energy will become a "ghost" much later on in many years after I am gone... I try to condense my energy into places.. I write notes and will leave them for this world when I am gone.. Id like to see how this works out.. I will never know becasue I will be dead by then, but just maybe Im onto something here that can help out the next generation of hunters figure out just what this energy is all about

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
roblin, I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Please don't confront any evil spirits....get the hell out of there if you have to...I'm truly concerned.

Jen, what would make you say this?

If whatever it is wanted to harm her it would have already done so!

Roblin, try to call out to it and find out what it wants.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732

Obviously I said it because I believed it to be a good piece of advice! You may not believe in evil spirits, but I do...and I don't think people should mess with that realm if they don't have to.

Why did you tell him to try and talk to it? Just two different view points I guess

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
You need to get a Priest to bless your home. Once this sort of stuff begins it can become more troublesome the longer it is allowed to go on. If you see it again, make the sign of the cross at it and order it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. You may not believe in Jesus, but you didn't believe in spooks like the one that you saw either.
There are many things that some people do not believe in but are real nonetheless.

instead of a priest, how about Jesus? You know, prayer does work, unlike the crap you see on T.V. that somehow only the priest with holy water and a cross can somehow remove it. That's what happens when you watch too many movies, and not reading what the bible says concerning demons.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31 You may not believe in evil spirits, but I do...and I don't think people should mess with that realm if they don't have to.

Well, I was lucky enough to meet a little old lady in the early 80's who was known to be who to call if you had poltergeists in your house. If her guide, Herbert, said it was okay to go, she would come over, have a chat with the spirit, and send it on its way. If he said it was too taxing for her, he would say she shouldn't go, and she would tell the people why she could not. It is also from her that I heard that there are no evil spirits, but there are some who are mischievous and get a kick out of scaring folks.
I agree that messing around with the spirit realm just sounds like a bad idea.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Those "mischievous spirits" are actually evil spirits that are restricted as to how much they may do to people in this world. The limits have been imposed upon these evil spirits by God.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Obviously I said it because I believed it to be a good piece of advice! You may not believe in evil spirits, but I do...and I don't think people should mess with that realm if they don't have to.

Why did you tell him to try and talk to it? Just two different view points I guess

I am just trying to determine why you feel this way?

Do you not agree that if a spirit can throw a door open it can also bonk you on a head with a solid object?

If it wanted to hurt him why has it not done so already?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I am just trying to determine why you feel this way?

Do you not agree that if a spirit can throw a door open it can also bonk you on a head with a solid object?

If it wanted to hurt him why has it not done so already?

Well yes, I sure do believe it could have bonked him on the head, but considering it was his first encounter....maybe it still could
I'm not looking to box with you, but why should he confront it? Why should he not invest the help of someone more qualified to do that.

I guess I should learn to keep my opinions to myself next time...I thought it was a free conversation.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Great story thanks for sharing. It really gave me the chills. I too am living in a rented apartment with my fiancée. I get strange chills every now and then, but nothing to this extent.

Now from your description this sounds like a physical entity, rather than a residual haunting. If you want to try to understand more about the experience you should try to answer these questions.

- Have you experienced anything paranormal before in this place and in other places?
- What time did the event take place?
- Have you had any strong emotions lately?
- How were you feeling before the event took place?
- Do you have any faults with electrical equipment?
- Do you notice any strange smells that appear out of nowhere?
- Do you hear any unusual noises?
- Do you experience any 'cold spots' in the house?
- Have you had any really strange dreams?
- Can you think of any reasons for why this entity would choose to present itself to you?

Being a rented place, it wouldn't be uncommon if this was a residual haunting. However the fact that you have experienced such a strong event without anything leading up to it is quite strange. In a residual haunting you will experience the same events on a regular basis.

Now, I believe that spirits require forms of energy to affect our physical world, such as presenting themselves, moving objects, affecting our senses etc. To present themselves physically would probably require a lot of energy. They have been known to drain batteries, affect electrical devices, drain the air of heat, even tap into our emotions. I believe they choose to scare us because the emotion of fear is very strong and easy to induce, allowing them to feed off it. I guess the big question is where do you think this entity got its energy from and why did it choose to use it on you?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I guess I should learn to keep my opinions to myself next time...I thought it was a free conversation.

Wow Jen, lighten up... that is what we are all doing here.... conversing

Just as you wish to post your comments and opinions here, so do I.

If you take insult when people disagree with you or when people question your reasons for feeling the way you do you will have a hard time trying to get people to see your point of view.

I asked why you fell this way and I am still curious to hear why... I may learn something I do not know.

The reason I feel he should confront it is because it confronted him first and is causing him to be scared. If he confronts it he may find out what it wants and may be able to help it or at least get it to leave him alone.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by craig732]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join