It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, now i'm a believer!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
To set the record straight, I never was a full believer before, I always hoped that there was something beyond this life and I was partially interested in the paranormal.

A good ten years ago my father took photos of my cousin outside his house which showed an old man in a room, there were 3 or 4 photos and he appeared in them all, this is what reallt started me thinking there was something.

What really did it for me was last night.

I was walking down my path to my flat which is on the first floor, I can see my main living room window from the street where I drive in, now I know I turned off all my lights before I left, so I was surprised to see the light on. I quickly ran to my flat expecting it to be broken into, to my suprise the door was locked with no damage. I went into my flat, and just as I went in the light turned off, now I can see my only llight switch from the door, that spooked me out big style

So I did what anyone would do, search the flat for anyone in who wasn't supposed to be there, flicked my light switch on and off about 20 times, checked my main fuse box, everything was ok....

I put it to the back of my mind and made dinner etc, during this time I felt that there was something in the kitchen with me, strangest feeling I have ever had, I had goosebumps and the hairs were standing up on my neck.

So, when I was having dinner I was watching TV and checking my email, and I just saw something move out of the corner of my eye, ignored it and continued to do what I was doing, I honestly think now I was trying to convince myself there was nothing there.

So about 12oclock I went to bed not thinking about what happened earlier. Just lying with my eyes falling shut my bedroom door banged opened and hit the wall with a huge bang, I jumped out of bed and ran into the hallway, of course there was no one there, flat door locked and key still in. Just when I turned round I saw a really black dark shadow standing in my living room doorway, I was frozen stiff, I didn't know what to do!

The shadow started to move towards me, man I was craping myself, sod it I thought no point staying here, I turned and ran out the flat just in my briefs.

About 5mins later, with me freezing my ass off outside my flat door, my next door neighbour arrive in from a night out. He obviously asked what the hell I was doing outside in my underwear, I told him and probably quite rightly he didnt believe me. Now with the old dutch courage in him after a few beers, he went inside alone. He came out in about 30secs absolutely white and shaking, he said that he had seen a dark shadow standing in the corner of my living room.

After about 10 mins outside we decided to go in together, there was nothing there, and the atmosphere felt better. He stayed for another half an hour or so, and then left, I went to bed lying awake, must have fell asleep and woke up this morning with nothing else happening...

Wel, thats my story, what does anyone think.

Edited for spelling...

[edit on 16-10-2006 by roblin]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Man sounds crazy scary.

Hope I never encounter one of these 'things' but nothing has ever happened to me like this doubt it ever will.

I'm on the fence on this one but I'll let u have the benefit of the doubt.

Peace,
- Naz

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Nazgern

If someone else had posted a story like this a couple of days ago, I would be exactly in your shoes as well.

I'm researching through the land registry to see who had it before the people that I bought it off, also sent the guy an email to see if he had ever felt anything wierd.

I have also placed my video camera next to my bed and have my canon 300d on standy by incase I see anything again...

Going to get my neightbour to drive his car in tonight with his lights on full beam to see if they cast a shadow through my living room. Honestly, I hope there is some sort of rational explanation for this....

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The fact that you had a witness to what you saw strengthens your argument and I'm pleased to see you attempting to catch whatever you saw on film

I also hope there's a rational explanation to this too.

Peace,
- Naz

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing!

Well.. as much as it sucked for you that night, at least you can put your doubts to rest...even if you cant *Evil Grin*...mua mua mua ha ha haaAAAA!

[edit on 16-10-2006 by xEphon]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
You need to get a Priest to bless your home. Once this sort of stuff begins it can become more troublesome the longer it is allowed to go on. If you see it again, make the sign of the cross at it and order it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. You may not believe in Jesus, but you didn't believe in spooks like the one that you saw either.
There are many things that some people do not believe in but are real nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Very creepy. And strangley, I believe what you say. There are somemembers on this board that believe that you should confront these beings. Do not be afraid of them & ask them what they want. Instead of treating them with fear & hatred, express love to them.

I would not go this route(Well atleast not a few days ago). But, I've done some thinking & it doesn't seem to be that bad a route. However, it's hard to not show fear in cases such as these. It takes alot of will & sometimes, experience.

If you choose to not go this route, I advise you to have someone bless your house & find your Guardian spirit.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies people, as for the priest thing, I just couldn't go through with that, solely for my own beliefs.

If, and I sincerely hope that it doesn't happen again I will act on how I see fit at that time, if it means bailing out again then I will, if I somehow find the strength to stand my ground I will..

Honestly, what would be the worst outcome if I did stand my ground, in all reality what can something like that do to you?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm not sure but maybe it's trying to prey on your fear so it could help but yeah if need be bail out always better to be safe then sorry

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
You need to get a Priest to bless your home.

I completely agree! A priest, or a pastor, or someone
should bless the home.

Originally posted by roblin
Thanks for the replies people, as for the priest thing, I just couldn't go through with that, solely for my own beliefs.

Even though you don't believe, keep it in the back of your mind to call on his name for help & protection. The forces of evil are real, and they can harm you physically! Please be careful about confronting evil spirits.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31

Originally posted by SkyWay
You need to get a Priest to bless your home.

I completely agree! A priest, or a pastor, or someone
should bless the home.

Even though you don't believe, keep it in the back of your mind to call on his name for help & protection. The forces of evil are real, and they can harm you physically! Please be careful about confronting evil spirits.

Thats the problem here,if it happens again, who is to say that it is an evil spirit, I certainly won't be able to tell until it is too late.

So what do I do..?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If you could catch this thing on either film or in a picture that would be amazing!

I've always been interested in things like this.

Where do you live? In the USA?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I got goosebumps reading that! I sometimes see 'things' out the corner of my eye, but I dismiss them as me being on here too long!

Still, your account is amazing! I never believed in shadow beings, but after that photo on C2C recently and now your account, I'm leaving the lights on.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
I got goosebumps reading that! I sometimes see 'things' out the corner of my eye, but I dismiss them as me being on here too long!

Still, your account is amazing! I never believed in shadow beings, but after that photo on C2C recently and now your account, I'm leaving the lights on.

Zanzibar

Can I have a link to the photo you are talking about please?

To Kurt

Im in the UK, Scotland to be precise.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Great story! I must apologize for being a sceptic, but you really did put a lot into it, and it shows. Made me think twice..

If you could get a picture, video, whatever it would be awesome. Or just as good, get your drunken mate to tell his side of the story!

Be sure to report again, if it happens another time..

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Can I have a link to the photo you are talking about please?

Of course you can!

Coast 2 Coast Shadow figure

Interesting, to say the least!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Thats the problem here,if it happens again, who is to say that it is an evil spirit, I certainly won't be able to tell until it is too late.

So what do I do..?

Well that's a good question. I'll tell you how I would measure it.... I would measure it by the amount of fear I have. I have been in a house with evil spirits in it before, and the cold goose bumps everywhere, the hair rising up on my neck, general creeps galore. That's what I thought I detected from your opening post...maybe I assumed too much?

Animals are very intuitive about spirits. Do you have a pet? A dog or cat either will go crazy in the same room with an evil spirit. Keep us posted, I have to creeps right along with you. I'm not trying to convert you, just saying keep it in mind to call out and ask for help if you get so scared you can't take it.

My son was spared from a pack of at least 10 wild coyotes just a few days ago while camping...he called out and asked for help. They came into his camp late in the night, and scared him to death (16 yrs). Even though the coyotes didn't retreat far, they were suppressed by another force...a guardian angel? God? Jesus? All of the above! Before he called out for help, they were circling his tent, and growling, he could feel them rubbing up on his tent, and going through his things.

Hope all goes well for you

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Zanzibar

Strange photo that, similiar but not fully like what I saw, the one I saw was not as defined as that, although it was very intimidating in it's size and stature, if you know what I mean.

Jensouth

To be honest with you, the story about the coyotes creeped me out right now more than thinking about my experience does.

Yes, when I was making my dinner and I felt something, my hackles did go up and I had goosebumps all over, so my instincts were telling me that something was wrong. To be honest with you guys,if thats the only way to tell I thnk i need to go and get someone local who can help me..

Thx again..

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
roblin

Just keep Jesus in mind so that if you feel trapped in any way, or unable to repel this spook you will call on Jesus, and His power will overcome that thing...whatever it is.

One way to determine if a spirit is evil or good is to use the method that some holy people use, and that is to tell it in the name of Jesus Christ that if it is not of Christ to depart. A holy being will probably smile if you say this and will remain, but an evil being will depart or will become very agitated and frightened and probably angry. You must persist to order it to leave in Jesus name. I am quite sure this will work even for people who do not believe in Jesus, but it may not work as fast. Just keep this in mind incase that thing gets to close and you feel as though you are being overpowered.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I have always said .. those that don't believe in spooks think that way only because they haven't had an experience with them ... YET!!

Given time (or death) the person will eventually see that spooks are very real and are more numerous then they could possibly have dreamed of.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join