It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan may shift warships from Indian Ocean to NKorea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   

TOKYO (AFP) - Japan's defense chief has suggested that the country could pull warships from the Indian Ocean, where they assist US operations in Afghanistan, to waters near North Korea.

Japan has dispatched supply ships and one destroyer to the Indian Ocean to give logistical support to US-led troops.

The whole article can be found here.
link

This just doesn't look good to me at all. Seems tensions are just rising and rising. Something needs to calm these people down. Before it goes way to far.

[edit: shortened long URL]

[edit on 10/16/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I must agree with you, but as usual, it will have to be the us doing something.

We all know that Russia and China will do nothing to help resolve the situation in NK.

I can see it now, some will complain that the US has taken no direct action and others will complain when and if we do take direct action.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
If Russia and China backed US resolutions that are NON-Military we might get somewhere.

The only other way it will end is a conflict with China and Russia sitting on the sideline saying "Why didn't you stop them before military conflict?".

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I will tell you this. Bush instigated this whole thing with the "Axis of Evil"

Now, having said that, i believe that Bush and Co. are still trying to handle this one with tact. They cannot afford not to.

Its always best to let sleeping dogs lye. He should have never made that comment of those crazy people.

If it is true that Bush wants to usher in Armageddon, well, its upon us with this one.

Lets see how its handled from here on out. This one will be the end of us- not the world.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Japan has every right to be highly worried about North Korea. Japan and Korea and China have long histories of distrust and antagonism. They had 'history' long before America even became a country.

When I lived in Japan (for three years), I learned that there is a lot of dislike between the Japanese and the Koreans. Fact is ... if N. Korea bombs anyone with a nuke it will be Tokyo.

So no, this isn't Bushs fault.

This is a matter that should try to be taken care of by those countries in the region first. N. Korea keeps trying to drag America in because it wants our free food and $$$. It's trying to blackmail us .. 'give us food and $$ so we don't nuke Tokyo'.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Deep sea Supply Ships being recalled doesn't constitute a offensive move by Japan.
Its media hype..
Maybe that Destroyer does constitute an 'indication' of sorts but the remaining ships a logistics, hospital ships etc etc..
The Japanese constitution prevents any other kind of vessel to be deployed so far out.
Infact the only reason that Destroyer must be in the Indian Ocean is to provide a overall fleet defence for all Japanese ships in the area.
The recall of such ships constitutes more of a defensive manuever rather than an offensive one.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well we have to remember Japan is doing this and China is building a fence. We are pressing China to fulfill the sactions that they voted for on Saturday. Rice said Iran may suffer the same fath.

join