It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Extraterrestrial Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
religions (the abrahamic mainly) have a certain problem

they seem to be human exclusive
what would happen to worldwide religion if we contacted ETs?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

It's going to happen, except it will not be a good thing.

Rev.9
[1] And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
[2] And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
[3] And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
[4] And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
[5] And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
[6] And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
[7] And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.
[8] And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.
[9] And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.
[10] And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.
[11] And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

These "aliens" will torment people for 5 months. The word used is torment. That's not a good thing. They will come for bad not for good.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Well I think of the Abrahamic religions, Islam will be the one that
has the most problems.

I mean the Vatican has said that extra-terrestrial life may exist, s
o you don't have a problem with Catholicism, and probably all of
Christianity in general.

I don't think Judaeism will have a problem either.

In reality, nothing in the three holy books (that I know of) states
that life only exists on Earth.

Most other religions don't seem to have a problem with it either.

I think that this would have been more of a problem in the 1950s,
but now a days, people are more liberal and scientific than they
were in the 50s, so for the majority of the world, it won't cause
major theological disaster.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Islam actually acknowleadges at the beginning of the Quran, but then rejects it a couple times, in different chapters as a myth. Which is odd, because it's really two chapter later in the book. I'm studying it occasionally so I can understand people better, since I see so many muslims at work, I figure I better understand what they believe anyways. As well as the other religions around the world that I can.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   

The first thing they would say would be: "Be Not Afraid"

huh. sound familiar? I can't find one angel, not one otherworldly messenger in the abramahic religions that did not begin their message without "Be not afraid"

can you?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

It's going to happen, except it will not be a good thing.

Rev.9
[1] And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

but it already happened.

the loser did fall.

L O S E R is L L E W S O R

here, look into my mirror:

L L E W S O R [mirror] R O S W E L L

yep, they fell at roswell.

[2] And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

smoke? no. smoke changed, just a little. smo is som, partially inverted. ke is key.

smoke? som key.

[3] And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

"the meek shall inherit the earth"

insects. you are talking about the future.
the excellance. the excell ants.
the covenant. the coven ant
the propellant. the propel ant
see answer? ants, sir.

[4] And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

the seal of god will be the 666. those that accept the mark shall only endure the passover.

[5] And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

seek writs . .. . . seekwrits . .. . . secrets. again, the future.

[6] And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

humanity wants immortality, right?

[7] And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

wow, faces like men, really? What did the Dogon tribe of Africa call them? Ah, i remember, "The Ant People". what did the Hopi and Anazazi of North America call them? Ah, i remember, "the Ant people". What did the Dropa tribe of China/mongolia call them? Ah, i remember, "the bug people".

These "aliens" will torment people for 5 months. The word used is torment. That's not a good thing. They will come for bad not for good.

no, not neccesarily. "tore meant" or torment ???

once the curse of the tower of BABIL ON is lifted . ..

B A B I L O N [mirror] NO LI BAB

No lies baby !!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Are you serious with this post?

That's like saying dog spelled backwards is god, so dog's are god's.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   

not if your god can not be present in all living creatures. no, your god does not exist within dogs, but mine does.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

don't shoot the messenger. i was born into this worlds languages. i believe it started in some garden.....

edun [mirror] nude

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The debate is over. We have at least one member on this board that is an Alien Grey. Alpha Grey is an alien from a different planet. He is an ET. I haven't asked him what his plan is. I don't want to get to close to him for fear he will take over my brain and use me for probing and such. If I think about him for to long he starts posting in the threads I am in. His powers are great and it would be wise to not agrivate him.:w:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
bumping this thread so we can discuss the problem that extraterrestrials would pose to religion.

so, what would happen to your religious belief system if ET made contact?

join