It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video:man thinks he can build Stone Henge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
source: www.youtube.com...

Using forgotten technology: Water, Gravity, Wood, Rocks
this man can move rocks from place to place including 25 ton objects.

Only thing left him proving how ot lift the objects.

This forgotten technology can also be used on pyramids?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Wally Wallington is a good friend of mine
hes for real
and he does show you how to lift things as well

and his techniques work on any hard flat surface not just concrete
he has his own website
www.theforgottentechnology.com...
He told me that he's given up trying to tell the established egyptologists about this because they are happier making money from people not knowing how it was done
speculation = ignorance = money
in reality its just simple engineering

[edit on 15-10-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Cool link,

That guy had some really great ideas but theres only one proplem, how to get the stone on the top of the two stones already submerged in the ground ?.

When he archives let me know

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If you watch his video in the first link, you'll see how the block can be lifted by gradually see-sawing the block slightly back and forth and then inserting a lever piece in the middle repeatedly as the block gains a few inches/cm in height with each iteration. I can see how carrying this method further that a large cross block can be raised to almost any height desired, and if done in a frame immediately next to the two pillars will ultimately get to the top. Similarly, once there, additional leverage and rocking can amneuver the stone into place.

Kudos to Mr. Wallington for for bringing this simple but elegant application of physics to light in a practical way.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
To see him do it just makes you go DUH. He makes it so easy and simple looking that it's a wonder that regular historians never thought of these things. Seeing a single man move TONS of material with a mere wave of his hand literally, is quite amazing. I will have to go see his stuff in person since he is relatively close by.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
That's pretty cool how he was moving those blocks around. It reminds me of a demonstration of how some believe how the Moai statues of Easter Island were moved.

Check out this site which has a video of the statue walking all by itself down hill.

www.tegakinet.jp...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
That's pretty cool how he was moving those blocks around. It reminds me of a demonstration of how some believe how the Moai statues of Easter Island were moved.

Check out this site which has a video of the statue walking all by itself down hill.

www.tegakinet.jp...

Nice find. Never heard that theory before. It would explain the deforestation of the island since they would need all the long trunks to make it happen. It would be crazy seeing a full scale statue moving like that.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
also look up coral castle an then look up the guy that built it its a very interesting story behind it..if no one does ill do it tommorow im to tired

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Nice find. Never heard that theory before. It would explain the deforestation of the island since they would need all the long trunks to make it happen

if I remember correctly the deforestation of Rapa Nui is not connected with the Moai
this was proved quite recently by a new study
the rats did it
Link
the deforestation that is not the statues

[Mod Edit: Link format - Jak]

[edit on 17/10/06 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Not convinced in the least. Although I came across this guy before and there are others out there doing similar things, and I admire them, they haven't answered the hard questions.

Such as: speed, accurate positioning of these stones, lifting stones, moving stones without damaging them and how do you do this stuff on sand and bare ground?

Besides what happens when you are hundreds of feet in the air or space is tight or you are on an incline?

Mind you the biggest question of all is why bother at all? what justifies the cost of doing this?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I can't answer any of your questions except the one about WHY do this?

If you lived hundreds or thousands of years ago, as long as basic thinks like food, water, shelter, family, safety were taken care of, what else did you have to do? No internet, no TV, no bicycle to ride, no plane to fly in, no amusement park to go to.... Surely they had free time, and surely they wanted to leave a legacy... so build a monument. There may have been no monetary cost, the only costs were time, labor and materials.. and, as I mentined in the beginning, if they had the basics taken care of, they could spend the rest of their day working on moving the big rocks.. they had no American Idol coming on at 8pm.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by please_takemyrights
I can't answer any of your questions except the one about WHY do this?

they had the basics taken care of, they could spend the rest of their day working on moving the big rocks.. they had no American Idol coming on at 8pm.

I don't doubt what you say but consider that the pyramids depending on how you want to see it are either the worlds biggest tombstones or they are memorials.

But nowhere outside of nor inside was any markings to support either idea. In fact archeologists have used chalk markings high up in the king's chamber made millenia ago as graffiti to positively determine the purpose of the buildings.

We need to know what the buildings purpose was before we can decide what resources were put into their building and whether it was possible to build them.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   

We need to know what the buildings purpose was before we can decide what resources were put into their building and whether it was possible to build them

I think you need more than a schoolboys knowledge of Egypt before you start speculating on questions that have already been answered
like for instance and you have to take this as a guess on my part but I would say that it was possible to build them

btw a tombstone is a memorial

But nowhere outside of nor inside was any markings to support either idea

you don't think a burial chanber with a granite sarcophagus could be regarded as a little bit of a clue then
hehehe

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Um, I remeber seeing a documentary on tv a while back (on Channel 4 in the UK, sorry I don't remeber when or what the programme was called) but in that they said that the Stonehenge we see today was a victorian construction. They took all the fallen stones and put them up again using cranes, so we can't really be sure that was they way they were originally set-up anyway.

Just throwing a spanner in the works here!

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
the victorians did right some of the stones
but they didn't move them from their original locations
and stonehenge isn't the only henge of its kind in england
there are hundreds all built to a similar design
so you can put your spanner back in your tool box for now

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I live in Ireland and there are hundreds of these things everywere.
Ive seen quite a few of them and they are crazy to look at.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
the oldest ones are on the scottish orkney islands
from there they range in age from Ireland and across western england to the east coast where the youngest henges are generally found
the oldest henges found anywhere in europe are in scandanavia
Henges are normally accompanied by burial mounds and passage tombs depending on their age
Passage tombs are older than burial mounds and built to a more complicated design
once again the oldest passage tombs in europe are found in scandanavia
so
three guess where the idea came from in the first place
Edgar Cayce claimed that Stonehenge was built by a tribe of Dan fresh from the exodus in egypt around 1500bce
which just goes to prove what a huge fraud he actually was
the most impressive passage tomb in europe is Newgrange in ireland which dates from around 3500-3200bce
as such it is older than stonehenge
when you get down to it stonehenge isn't all that impressive
but its location in southern england means that it became the most well known
its not king of the henges by any rate
in my opinion that title is held by thornborough henges

you got to admit
it looks cooool doesnt it

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Marduk]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The theory that made the most sense to me about how to lift the lintels on top of Stonehenge was to lever it up a few inches, then slip something underneath, like a bunch of wood or something. Then repeat, lift it a few more inches, and keep stacking stuff underneath. Then, when it gets high enough, you lever it sideways on top of the standing stones.

To me, the even more impressive feat was getting the stones to Stonehenge in the first place. The bluestones in particular are fairly rare, and there is only one place in all of Britan that they could have come from, which means they had to drag them something like 30km to the Stonehenge site. That distance assumes they somehow crossed water with them; otherwise, it's much further if you go around.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
the bluestones came from Wales
thats a little further than 30 km
its the sarsens that came from gloucestershire

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I totallly agree that it is forgotten technology.
We tend to forget how things were done back then
..."if you dont use it..you loose it"

I hope some truth is found in all of this reasearch.

new topics

top topics

join