It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama will never be President!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeus187

Clutch find. Got to love shoving people's own false predictions back in their face. Now that's accountability! We need more of that everywhere!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Just for those who weren't around Above Politics during the campaign, I'd like to point out that within 2 months of my first post in this thread I had become an Obama supporter, and was defending him on the boards, largely because of the perspective that his book gave me on many of the events and issues surrounding the campaign. It's not so much that there's anything groundbreaking in the book- it just gives you a very good sense of the man- good enough that clear patterns emerge in his supposedly unpredictable style and many of the issues surrounding him begin to fit together and make sense- it's a MAJOR edge in understanding what's happening. From there, you've still got to decide if you agree with him or not. It's just easier to make that decision when you have that added context for all of the news surrounding him.

Clearly the vast majority of the news media have not gotten around to it yet. The book is worth buying (or, if you're a Republican, worth making a wealthy Democrat buy for you- just convince him it's social justice- we democrats can't get enough of that stuff) just on the grounds that it's really fun getting the joke when Obama catches others off guard.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Good call and very interesting perspective there bud!

cheers

new topics

<< 1   >>

join