It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama will never be President!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Barack Obama is the so called Democrats New Rock Star . if he is a new kind of politician, one who cares more about americans and america then he cares about special interest, or his political party then i will guess he can never be president.

why? well if he isnt in the washington dc mix like most all politicians he will be seen as a major threat because he could be for the regual man and not the elite man.

what does this have to do with him never being president ? he would be assassinated , or he would die in a freak plane wreck before he ever had the chance to take his platform to america and maybe with the presidency.

who knows maybe we are being fooled and his is nothing more then another washington dc politician.

forgive me for my spelling and lack of opinion here. im cooking dinner , and chilling with my kid. i only had a few minutes to write this.

peace

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think I kinda like Obama based on the general bio of him that I've been able to sketch out in my head from reading here and there, and I'll be sure about that one way or another in a few days (his book comes out tomorrow and I plan to read it).

I don't think he'll ever be president. He won't be shot, he probably won't have an airplane crash, although that does tend to happen to politicos who step on too many toes, he just won't get nominated.

Obama is just that black guy the Democrats like. Nevermind that he's a compelling speaker if he's not getting airtime. Nevermind his inclusive message if all the money is going into the politics of division. A guy like Obama, unless he either changed his party from the inside out or else could be controlled (there isn't enough time for the former between now and 2008, in my opinion), would have to be pushed in by the grass roots, because the usual power structure sure won't do it.

Obama may represent a great opportunity for the Democrats if he's really all that he's cracked up to be (again, I'll give my impression of that when I get his book) but let's see if anybody gets behind him.

If the democrats will rally behind a foreign-relations savvy guy who isn't afraid of Christians and who supported employer verification of immigration status, I think moderates on the right might be ready to work together, providing he's willing to put himself in a position that demands compromises (Running with Rudy Gulliani might not be a horrible idea in that respect).

But, need I remind you, he's still not nearly as recognizable as Hillary or even Gore, and of the people who do recognize him, a certain percentage will only recognize him as that black democrat who people call a rockstar. It's a long time till 2008, but a long way to the nomination too.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I agree, I think Obama is the most overhyped politician I've seen in my lifetime.

He may be the Dem VP candidate for 2008, but there's no assurance they'll win or he'd ever go on after that if they did.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If you listent to Obama you can clearly see he makes people stop and listen... that is rare in politics. He excites the crowd and gets them hyped. Bill Clinton was able to do that, that is why he is a good politician. Democrats, America needs someone like this. While he is a rising politician, I think he should wait unless he is asked to be Vice President. 2008 will only give him 4 years of experience and with what the world is today, I don't think 4 years a Senator will cut it. I think he has a better chance in 2012 if the Republicans win or 2016.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm not sure if the old wisdom of taking your time to become the elder statesman really applies as strongly with respect to voter opinion in the age of drive-thru dinners and wireless highspeed connections. 4 years is an eternity anymore. The question of experience may have a lot more to do with whether or not the money will come his way.

Most presidents dont come with resumes like that of Bush 41 (Foreign service record longer than my arm, director of the CIA, two terms VP).
Two terms as a governor is pretty much par (Reagan, Clinton, Bush 43), and occasionally we elect a peanut farmer with one term of gubernatorial experience. President Ford was never elected to anything higher than the US congress in all of his life, granted he was only nominated because he had inherited the office as an appointed VP.
Let's not even get into Hillary's resume.

America does tend to nominate senators and elect governors, but I don't think resumes were very carefully considered when it comes to some of those governors. I think it was more a matter of taking the time to become widely known as a political figure, especially in Reagan's case. That being the case, I think that a media blitz could overcome Obama's short history in elected office.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
No offense to anyone, but he is the only viable African American candidate. He certainly has a better chance than Jesse Jackson,Al sharpton or even Colin Powell.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

[edit on 19-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Governors are more respected than Senators... but anyway.

I really like Obama, but I think he should stay put. If he is asked to be Vice President, then I don't see a problem with him taking the nod as long as the political environment favors it. Right now however, I think Warner will be a more safe pick... that could change though.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
He'll never make it. Not in 2008 at least. Too soon. Not enough vote-attraction - can't carry enough electoral votes or even popular ones. He'll take Chicago&IL, aome other iron belt states, a couple in the south - but not all the big ones and not enough little ones and certainly not enough middle ones. Many southern states will campaign hard with an 'anything-but-BroBama' message. Is he good? yea! Smooth? Charismatic? Popualar? Intelligent? You bet.

Relax. He still can't make it. Simple math. Maybe 2012 - but that's supposed to be the coming out party for the grays, et al. I predict the candidate between 2008 and 2011 that claims to initiate/promote 'contact' will be the winner hands down - irregardless of party affiliation/color/creed/ etc.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I thought that this article might be of interest.

After losing the election for president for the second time in 1956, Adlai E. Stevenson gave the prestigious Gridiron speech in Washington. As a young assistant and Stevenson law partner at the time, I was thrilled to be invited to accompany him on the trip. The evening before the speech, we were at a small Washington dinner party that included Sen. Jack Kennedy and his wife, Jackie, as guests.

At the time, I called Sen. Kennedy "Jack." He thanked me for helping him try to get the Democratic vice presidential nomination that summer. I said, "Jack, if you are still interested, I think you can be nominated for vice president in 1960." He looked at me with his piercing eyes and replied, "Vice president? Newt, I'm going to run for president!" I was stunned, and said, "Are you nuts? You are only 39 years old." He said, "If I ever have a chance, it is next time." And, of course, he was right.

link

A brief but interesting read.
If Obama comes up with plans and values for America that do more then just play on peoples dislike of the Bush admins policys and if he can counter the Republican spin machine who knows what might happen ?

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
No offense to anyone, but he is the only viable African American candidate. He certainly has a better chance than Jesse Jackson,Al sharpton or even Colin Powell.

That's because he's not even really African-American. His father was from Kenya and left him when he was only two years old and he was raised by his white mother in Hawaii and Indonesia. This is not the experience of the average black American.

When I think African-American I think of blacks that are descendants of the slaves.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This is not the experience of the average black American.
When I think African-American I think of blacks that are descendants of the slaves.

Although I may be hitting a touchy subject, I don’t think that’s necessarily a big problem for his “African-American credentials”. It seems to me, admittedly from the outside looking in on the situation of African-Americans, that we’re talking about a group that has had a lot of trouble with the fact that people paint them all with the same brush because a difference from the majority in physical appearance is seen as their primary characteristic.

Ultimately, the objective presumably is that we reach a point where when a black man is the best man for the job, he gets it not because he’s the poster-child for his race but because Americans looked at him and saw his strengths as an individual as his defining characteristics rather than seeing his skin as such. That’s what a fair world would look like for minorities in America.

Nobody picks Ronald Reagan out as an Irishman. He had a Gaelic surname and if you couldn’t put your finger on exactly what he was by looking at him you could certainly pick out a few area’s of Europe that his ancestors obviously were not from, but that wasn’t who he was to America. First he was a bad actor. Then he was a tough talking California governor. Then he was a conservative god. Irish didn’t even register.

When I picture civil rights truly realized, I picture people recognizing someone like Barack Obama is a charismatic, articulate speaker before they account for the fact that he’s black. If he were white or even Mexican, would he still be a “rock star” or would he just be John Edwards? And I’m not saying that he’d be less impressive, I’m saying he’d be downplayed. But he’s Black, and his middle name is Hussein, so everybody line up to see the amazing Black Politician at PT Barnum’s museum. I’m glad he’s a presence but I think it’s a little insulting not only to him but to me as a voter who deserves to have options like Obama on the ballot that this country runs itself on appearances rather than substance. A qualified man should not have to either belong to a power circle or be a novelty to be heard, but that’s how it is right now and that makes the run of this nation fundamentally unjust both racially and otherwise.

But I’m pulling for Obama, because if he really goes places, the idea of a black president will lose some of its novelty and the second qualified black presidential candidate to come along will have a better shot at running on his qualifications alone.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Semantics aside, he's an attractive black just because he's not the average "African-American" politician tied to civil rights groups like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. But I hear his wife is very much tied into that blacks-as-victims culture, so she could be a weight around his neck like Kerry's wife was.

Time will tell.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
FOXNews showed a poll yesterday, i believe.

In the poll, they compared Obama to McCain in a poll based on America's voting preference in the 2008 President race. Obama got 38% compared to McCain 42%(pretty close), but McCain against Hilary showed that McCain would have a larger lead over Hilary.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The democrats need to run McCain as a VP if he'll play ball. The moderates that make his comparisons to dems so close will come over with him and kaboom.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Semantics aside, he's an attractive black just because he's not the average "African-American" politician tied to civil rights groups like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. But I hear his wife is very much tied into that blacks-as-victims culture, so she could be a weight around his neck like Kerry's wife was.

Time will tell.

A few points I'd like to touch on.

1. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are not the "Average African American politician." They are just the most publicised and focused on by the media. I tend to agree with much of what Rev. Jackson and Sharpton say about the state of racial affairs in the US, but that aside, they are a lightning rod for criticism by right wing spin doctors.

The "Average African American" politician is someone, usually from a low income family trying to better the community that they're from. This is not only good for their community, but for the country as a whole.

2. Blacks have been victims for centuries. I don't see how an African American woman who is aware of the history of African Americans could possibly be a chain around this man's neck. If anything, having a strong, intelligent woman behind him could do anything but help a political campeign.

I'd vote for Obama because he hasn't been in politics as long as some others. It's my understanding that knowing what's right and wrong doesn't take years of experience. I think he knows what's right and wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

simple math, huh? go back to school. you misjudged America.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hate to break it to you,

but he just got sworn in today....

sad but true...

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
FOXNews showed a poll yesterday, i believe.

In the poll, they compared Obama to McCain in a poll based on America's voting preference in the 2008 President race. Obama got 38% compared to McCain 42%(pretty close), but McCain against Hilary showed that McCain would have a larger lead over Hilary.

Anyone see something incredibly interesting about this?

I mean it, this isn't just a one liner, notice anything at all?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'll bite, what is incredible about the particular posting, or, the poll estimates?

I love a mystery, so fill us in!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I might be reading too much into it but Infinite cites a poll showing Obama (also Clinton) and McCain.

This post is dated "28-10-2006 @ 16:16". Don't you think this is a little early for these predictions?

Oh, jdposey...

Faith Love Hope?

Texas?

Kings X by any chance?

[edit: typo]

[edit on 30-1-2009 by Nirgal]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join