It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electrical Illusion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Just some thoughts off the top of my head. As humans, our senses provide us with a means of sight, sound, touch, taste and smell. Our brains generate these senses by electrical means, so in reality its just electrical impulses going to our brains.

Can these impulses be changed, modified or reprogrammed, when we look at something is it really there or is it what we think is there. Could other life forms or anything else be present amongst us but we cannot see them because of our limited persections.

Could chips be put into us to see, hear etc. things that we are not able to now. Is our reality just a series of electrical impulses that could be manipulated, are we being manipulated.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hi, MM

Thought I'd jump in and give this one a boost. Intresting and intriguing subject, and I truly hope this worthy set of "electrical impulses" goes somewhere.

Personnaly, I agree with you, and, yes, I do definately believe these impulse/thoughts/sensitivities can be interefered with. As to chips--RFID technology keeps the chip battery charged with --you guessed it--nerve impulses--electrical ones, picked up by an minute indiction coil. Can these chips provide their own impulse "feedbacks" from an outside source that would influence our own thoughts? I think so, and if not already available that way yet, I can just about guarantee you that it is being worked on.

Nice Idea--nice post!

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If you have ever had an astigmatism corrected, you may note that it takes a little while for your mind to adjust to the corrective lenses.

Your mind is aware a square is a square, but when your mind see's thru defective eye's an item that it knows to be square, but is seen as a trapezoid, it will condition itself to re-translate the image to a square, for your conscience to process through normal thought.

IE- your conscience see's a square, AFTER your mind has retranslated a trapezoidal image that the mind knows to be a square.

When you get corrective lenses, there is a short time of adjustment, where your mind is still 'correcting' an image, and your conscience see's an opposite trapezoid as the image is now mentally over-corrected.

What you see, is in fact an image that has been subconsciously corrected for what the mind feels should be corrected.

Interesting that what your eyes and brain "see's", and what your conscious mind "see's", are actually two different things.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The more i looked at biology in school,the more i became freaked out that really we are intelligent robots,quite advanced especially in the cpu department(brain).
Good topic!

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Smirkley--

For what it's worth, the same concept is true for Hearing and Audio. For those of us who borderline profoundly deaf, and must wear aid devices, there is a process you go through to retrain the brain to reject certain sounds--like clattering tableware--which you have not heard, and cannot hear without aids. The process is basicly automatic, but,
like Astigmatism, takes time.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Very interesting concept. I once came up with a theory that life is a video game, which is sort of the same idea; the whole "Matrix" theory. And yes, the mind can be tricked. It's called drugs.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
makes sense, i remember reading that birds can "see" magnetic waves. Imagine what the world would look like if we could actually see radio waves, or other em waves. Old tom-tom would be out of a job then. Just more proof that whatever cool toys we design, nature has already done it 400 times better.

new topics

top topics

join