It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veil Wearing Teacher 'Should be Sacked'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

She can wear her veil in class as long as the fundamentalist christian kids can wear T-Shirts saying that abortion is murder and that gays are evil.

I am not even going to entertain that comments, I could say the same thing about you being evil, but thats besides the point. To class gays as evil you are just being ignorant to say the least:

Getting back to the topic:

THE backlash against the veil grew yesterday as it was banned from hospitals.

Muslim medical students were barred from wearing it when they talk to hospital patients.

The move was ordered to "help to aid good communications" between Muslim medical students, their colleagues and patients.

Details of the purge of faceless medics surfaced as the nationwide storm about Islamic veils continued.

Source

And yes it gets worse: Now University Lecturers are being asked to monitor and report any muslims suspected of involvment in Islamic Extremism. This is getting way out of hand. What next seperate Universities, so the Authorities can keep and eye on Muslims.

The Guardian says that The Department for Education and Skills (DfES) is drawing up specific plans to ask universities and colleges to inform on students to special branch.

The newspaper said that it had obtained a copy of an 18-page document containing proposals which it said was to be sent to universities and colleges by the end of the year.

SOURCE 1

[edit on 16-10-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
I could say the same thing about you being evil, but thats besides the point.

You didn't really read my post did you. Nope. Didn't think so.

READ SLOWLY so that you understand before running off at the mouth ....

If this woman, who is in a position of authority and power over children, pushes her religion into their faces then they have a right to push theirs right back. I gave Christian fundamentalists and Jews AS EXAMPLES. She is in a position of authority and power and SHOULD NOT be allowed to influence them in any way in the matter of religion. If she is allowed to do this then the children have a right to wear Jewish headgear and prayer shawls; and fundamentalists can wear what ever T-Shirts spouting what they believe; and Catholics can wear rosary bracelets and religious medalions; and buddhists can wear whatever the heck buddhists wear ....

I say it again .. Turnabout is fair play.

To class gays as evil you are just being ignorant to say the least:

Actually, that would be YOU who were being ignorant.
I DID NOT classify gays as evil. Try actually reading what is posted next time.

(and if you have ever seen my posts on this site you'd know that I do NOT consider homosexuality to be evil and I do not supoprt a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage ... and most of all I'm NOT a fundamentalist christian)

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
- A Misunderstanding, I take back my comments and apologise

This is a heated debate it seems, emotions get invovled and it shouldnt. Slaps my fingers with a ruler

[edit on 16-10-2006 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Why should Aishah Azmi have to ignore part of her religion to work in the UK?

The veil is not required in Islam. The qoran urges women to 'dress modestly'. Nothing in that about veils, or headscarves.

BUT, why should a person have to dress any particular way to be a teach in the UK??

It's not like the veil would affect her teaching all that much, if at all.

its arguable that its a helluva distraction. Also, whats the point of following the dress code of a repressive gynophobic society while teaching in a modern public school?

What do other members think of this?

I don't think peopel should even be allowed to walk around in public with a veil over their face. A law like that'd simply end the problem.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
By covering her face, who knows if it is even her turning up for work on any given day? It could be a friend or family member helping her out.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is the 21st century. Come on!

And now I suppose we can expect to hear about more sectarian violence in response to this. It is no wonder so many get overheated over these realistically trivial issues.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is the 21st century. Come on!

And now I suppose we can expect to hear about more sectarian violence in response to this. It is no wonder so many get overheated over these realistically trivial issues.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The result of this is as follows released by press today and i believe is also all over the front of tommorows papers

news.aol.co.uk...

Basically she won the claim of victimisation however lost the case of indirect or direct discrimination????????????.

Look at her picture did this woman believe she could honestly keep teaching in a christian school for long dressed like that. I have heard that parents were expressing their concerns over her teaching in the school

[edit on 19-10-2006 by thesaint]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
What a whiner! She got 1000 pounds for having her feelings hurt! :shk: This is the pits!

Try wearing a bag over your head to work with eyeholes cut out and see how far you get...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
There are other issues here that are getting overlooked.

If you take on a job as a teacher, you are also taking on the welfare of the children/students you are teaching.

Not only does the vail make it difficult for them to learn launguages, but would make it very hard for the children to relate to the teacher.

So if little johnny is getting beaten up in the playground, is he likely to tell the teacher who he can't make eye contact with?

Also, from a security point of view, with everything thats going on with school shootings, ect, how on earth can people identify her? and be sure she is ment to be there. If she gets away with this, it makes life very easy for some twisted individual to gain access to schools.

I appreciate that she has the right for people to respect her culture, but at the same time its a two way street, and this is more down to someone being hell-bent on creating a scene.

I respect my own culture, but would not wear a kilt to work (which being Scottish is a traditional option and would probably really offend someone somewhere.

I got a bad feeling, pollitical correctness aside, that all of this is going towards a very dark place, and very quickly

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Why the heck did the school hire her in the first place?

Is she a convert? I think that the woman in the US who refused to take her veil off for her driver;s license was a relatively recent convert too. Perhaps the converts, being outsiders at first, don't even really understand the religion they are converting to?

Certainly that'd be the case if she claimed its a religious requirement to wear it.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
She should remove the veil simply because it is, or could be, unfair to the students. Learning is as much visual as it is aural, esp. with languages. Visual learners are handicapped by the veil.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Man, is she scary. I know if I was a kid I would have nightmares about her and do everything in my power to not go to that school.

As a parent I have learned some very important lessons about toddlers and babies needing to see the mouth, crucial to identification and communication. Without that bonding isolation is the result, possibly resulting in misshapened personalities later in life. And in a news age of universal terrorism contributing to the culture of fear, even as an older child who knows better I still would be deeply disturbed.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
She should remove the veil simply because it is, or could be, unfair to the students

She should remove it because its assinine.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Is she a convert? I think that the woman in the US who refused to take her veil off for her driver;s license was a relatively recent convert too. Perhaps the converts, being outsiders at first, don't even really understand the religion they are converting to?

Certainly that'd be the case if she claimed its a religious requirement to wear it.

I think your on to something there, Nygdan. Where I live, I see several white women who have obviously converted to be with a Muslim man. I don't know why, but they are usually more veiled up than any other, dare I say it, normal, Asian muslims. I don't know if it's the appeal of something different, some sort of "look at me, I'm not like you" thing, but they all do it.

Very odd.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Seemingly she converted, after she gainen employment in that school. But here is what gets me, She went for her interview, was interviewd by the HeadTeacher, whom may I add was a male. If she had a problem with males lookin on her, why did she openly speak to the HeadTeacher of that School openly without a veil, during her interview?

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
She cant be a convert she is Muslim and has the appearance and the accent.

Story says she didnt wear her veil for her interview. How misleading is that. She also says there was no male present at her interview so she felt no need to wear it

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
She also says there was no male present at her interview so she felt no need to wear it

This isn't true. She said there was a man at the interview and she didn't wear her veil in front of him.

Watch the video linked in the original post.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

She cant be a convert she is Muslim and has the appearance and the accent.

She converted to wearing the veil, after she was interviewed for her job. I did not say she converted to Islam in my previous post.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
She converted to wearing the veil, after she was interviewed for her job.

This is just speculation, right? Even if it were true, she had the job first. If she "converted" and started wearing the veil, she should find another job where it wouldn't get in the way of doing her job.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join