It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can anyone help me find some easy songs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I play the acoustic guitar and im looking for some easy songs to play...

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
When I started to learn the guitar 13 years ago I started with Metallica & Black Sabbath. I found those to be the easiest. It would be easier to answer your question if you stated what kind of music you are most interested in playing. Also you can find tablature for just about any band or song you can think of on the net. That is the easiest form of music to read, and if you need a few pointers feel free to let me know.

-MetalSphere

And as far as to which Sabbath & 'Tallica songs to play I would say the ones everyone knows : "Iron Man" & "Enter Sandman"

[edit on 11/17/06 by MetalSphere]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I actually just started playing guitar myself, have been playing for a few months now.

Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd is a good song to start with, sounds great on an acoustic and isn't too difficult. Granted I'm no expert with only a few months experience, but I was able to get through the intro lick of this song flawlessly after only a couple days.

Also the main riff to Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple is one of the easiest riffs going. You can play a cheapie version of it using only a single string with only the 3rd, 5th, and 6th frets. I play it on each string to warm up and get my fingers moving everytime I play. Of course the single string method is not the proper way to play it, but it does make for a good warm-up riff.

But as MetalSphere said, knowing what type of music you want to play would make suggestions much easier. You're far more likely to practice more if you're trying to learn a song you like alot.

Feel free to U2U me anytime and I'll share what knowledge I do have.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
i've been playing guitar for quite a while now and i started of with these songs:

REM - everybody hurts
Michael Jackson - beat it (main riff)
Oasis - Wonderwall

not too hard to play at all, all your basic chords
they're all found on
www.ultimate-guitar.com

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I started with the "Eagles Greatest Hits" song book.

But I was a fan of the Eagles. What kind of music do you like?
It's nice to be able to strum a song that you know and like.

I also picked up a book called "The Guitar Handbook"
Which is more than just a chordbook. There is some history, quotes from famous Guitar players. A lot of info on different Guitar types. It's been updated a few times too.

new topics

top topics

join