It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security Council Unanimously Approves Sanctions on N. Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 14-10-2006 by fmoriss]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Oh S***
I hope they bluffing about the nuke cause they say there going to bomb someone if Sanctioned!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Someone Know what's the image behind The U.N. Security Council members?

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
About time

I doubt that the North Koreans would commit suicide over sanctions. After all, firing a nuke at the US is pretty much suicide.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think we are heading for something big in the end of october.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Me too this is bad time to find a bunker.

I just hope it nuke is just as good as it missile ( which is crap
)!!!!!

[edit on 14-10-2006 by El Che]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
That's actually a really good point El Che.

First off they'd have to get the missile actually working... and then get the nuke on it.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I am more concerned he will sell a nuke to a terrorist group. It has been discussed thousands of times here over the last 5 years that if a terror group got a bomb they would need to use it very quickly. Due to storage and maintinance issues.

Then again, he could simply throw it over to Japan. What would the US response be? How would China react? It could all go bad I suppose.

In the end though he is so often all talk and no action, nothing will probably occur from this.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
I am more concerned he will sell a nuke to a terrorist group. It has been discussed thousands of times here over the last 5 years that if a terror group got a bomb they would need to use it very quickly. Due to storage and maintinance issues.

Then again, he could simply throw it over to Japan. What would the US response be? How would China react? It could all go bad I suppose.

In the end though he is so often all talk and no action, nothing will probably occur from this.

Excellent points,

I think a launch on Japan is more probably than handing to terrorists. An analysis of the radiation after the blast would trace the nuclear weapon back to North Korea and they would suffer the same fate.

An attack on Japan with a MRBM or a SRBM such as a SCUD missile would be easily shot down with a patriot battery. However, there are no garuntees. If the North attacked Japan or even South Korea they would be in for one hell of a retaliation.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fmoriss
Someone Know what's the image behind The U.N. Security Council members?

Here ya go...

The Security Council Chamber was furnished by Norway and designed by the Norwegian Arnstein Arneberg. A large mural by Per Krohg of Norway, symbolizing the promise of future peace and individual freedom, covers most of the east wall. There are 164 seats for the public and 118 for the press.
Link

Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
so where is the conspiracy here?

isn't this the political CONSPIRACIES forum?

there should be at least some conspiracy behind the unanimous vote

join