It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lear what a great guy...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I dont post on this thread too often, maybe never, cant remember off hand. I just saw the video interview with John Lear on project camelot and have to say that he has caused me to take a second look at the UFO phenomenon. I have a theorie that it is something either metaphysical that we interpret differently depending upon what point in history you are talking about, or maybe part of our projective collective conscience.

Maybe because he is such a likable guy, but I have to take a fresh look at all of this. John has taken great risks to speak his mind, and I am sure it has got him in trouble before, but I think he is honest and from the heart.

If you are reading this John I give you a warm thank you for your honesty.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
i too watched some of his interviews. it's very hard for people to believe conspiracy theorists and those who claim to know about UFO's, but watching john lear gives me chills. i actually believe the guy. like, no-fooling, i have confidence in him. he doesn't seem like a guy trying to make a name for himself. shoot, he reminds me of my grandpa. you know how your grandpa loves telling you stories when you're young? well, john lear just has better stories than your average grandpa! he seems like a genuine guy who's not out for fame, not out for money, but is actually telling what he believes to be true. i don't have full confidence in hardly anyone about anything, but john lear...he just seems genuinely honest. i like the guy and i'm so glad we have him here on ATS.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
John Lear epitomizes "thinking outside of the box" IMO. He gets folks thinking of the possibilities that might exist. And yes, there is no question, he believes what he is saying to be true and he speaks passionately about what he believes. Great guy.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
John lear is a smart guy, he just says what all gullible blinkered ufo believers want to hear.

How come he didnt go anywhere else to post his thoughts (like a normal chat forum)?
because he knew the response he would get coming here would be people brown nosing him bigtime.

The man is treated like a star on this site, just cos he flew a few planes for a living, and
was meant to have been on a few secret missions that you or i will never know for sure if he did or not.

You only have to read his soul catchers on the moon bit (which he says is true)
to know that this guy is a great story teller.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
How come he didnt go anywhere else to post his thoughts (like a normal chat forum)?

What, exactly do you think ATS is?

because he knew the response he would get coming here would be people brown nosing him bigtime.

Obviously you haven't read all the posts/threads.

Ahhh the broad brush of a lack of information does wonders again...

Springer...

[edit on 10-15-2006 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
John Lear is an interesting subject. Even more than his claims.

I would love to get a peak into his brain and see what the origins to some of his ideas and opinions were, and see how they segwayed and evolved into what they are now.

Often times the history of an idea is more important and interesting that the ideas themselves.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Mr. Lear is a valued part of my ATS experience. You know he is doing this out of a genuine concern, he doesn't "need" to be sharing "here" or anywhere else. We're damn lucky to have his perspectives and insights and especially history. We should be grateful regardless of one's personal disposition towards perspectives he offers. This planet needs more folks like he. Each one, teach one.

I fail to see any logic in criticizing his motivation or casting aspersions upon his participation within the community - expert or not, he is a valued contributor who has added to the discussion of topical matter - without recompense or demand. He'd be welcome at my family dinner table at any time.

It is important "not to look a gift horse in the mouth" and say the dentition isn't up to one's esthetic standards... Mr. Lear's "bite" is true.

Victor K.

43'

[edit on 15-10-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

What, exactly do you think ATS is?

Obviously you haven't read all the posts/threads.

Ahhh the broad brush of a lack of information does wonders again...

Springer...

Ahhh the lovely sound of a nerve being brushed on this subject from the 3 amigo's
never fails to amaze me.

I read his thread... and what? just cos i don't believe him, i'm not aloud to voice my opinions on him? I do hope you are joking.

The man in question has his own q&a session on here, on subjects which may or may not be true. Who else gets that? And im not talking about skunkworks or blogs but
on the ufo forum, which regarding its subjective theme and some of the "outthere"
posts i wouldn't class as a normal one anyway.

We have the right to be inquisitive, and we certainly have the right to question what he says. Lets face it, just because he replies to questions in an articulate, easy going and friendly way, doesnt mean he's not a fraud.

Whats worse though, is the sycophantic, bow down to the all mighty john threads like these.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Each one, teach one.

I have never heard that one before. My word, that is so simple, yet so eloquent. What we should all do is live to inspire others, and learn from everyone.

I had this old broken wino ask me for money the other day. I gave him a buck and told him to start taking care of himself, I then listened to what he had to say.

He said: You know what the problem with the world is today? He then answered: We dont take responcibility for each other.

He then said: You know what the problem is with America? He answered: We don't look back anymore, to see where we are going.

What an amazing world this really is...

[edit on 15-10-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Lear presents himself well. He is an accomplished man that has a practical bent to his character. He is intelligent but not academic, which suits me fine. I see he can rely on his instincts and is not afraid to do so. He would be a good person to get to know especially if one wants to 'expand' their horizons.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
As Dick Tracy (the analogy will not be lost to all) has said many times: "When I see it myself I'll believe it." Until then, it's just good entertainment - or at least some things to think about.

To reflect on other posters here; Sure, I'd love to have John at my dinner table too - but unless he brings an alien buddy, a levitation drive, or something I can evaluate myself with him when he comes - he must remain a great, and highly appreciated, 'grampa-type' story teller. Sincere he is. Genuine. Lovable. But as a scientist and inquisitor I would be doing myself and my fellow human brethren a disservice if I accepted his stories as true just because he's "John". I'm a pilot too - over 30 years. I've been around the block a few times, have a few college degrees, etc., etc., blah blah. But I don't ask for, nor deserve, my own forum/devoted audience, etc. I just wish to listen and learn - perhaps one day obtain the truth I seek...

If I pointed you all to a place to witness miraculous things for yourself - or if I invited you (or e.g., the media) to my home or another place where irrefutable evidence awaits that would be something to idolize me for (though I would reject it as well).

I don't wish to discourage John or anyone else from continuing the very worthwhile discussions - even telling stories. It's gret stuff! And the wonderful posts found here on ATS ocassionaly produce delicious morsels of intigue and enlightenment not found elsewhere - keep it up!! But this bit about kissing the feet of someone who spins a great yarn is a bit much. I LOVE to hear John's stories - and I believ there is lots of truth (at least I hope there is) in much of what he says. But, with apologies to John et all, and with all due and deserved respect: I'm still waiting for something - anything - that will point me to a first-hand undeniable bit of evidence. When that time comes, I'll promise to come here first - so that I too may be questioned, perhaps even ridiculed -AS I SHOULD BE!

WE ALL DESERVE TO KNOW THE TRUTH - If I had such knowledge, such proof, then I pledge to bring this proof by whatever means possible to all of the other truth-seekers here at ATS. No fire-side chats, no warm & fuzzy story time. If I have proof and can bring it to you - I will. How about it John? Can you deliver any proof? The Camelot video was fun. (BTW, C.W.Surbey sends his regards).

Thank you John - truly - for keeping the interest alive - and same goes to everyone else on this fantastic, unique forum. Hats off to all of you...

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
As Dick Tracy (the analogy will not be lost to all) has said many times: "When I see it myself I'll believe it." Until then, it's just good entertainment - or at least some things to think about.

Dick Tracy is a cartoon character, Mr. Lear is a man of experience and has met a lot of infromed people. Of course I am sure he is wrong about a lot of things.

The statement when I see it myself I will believe it. What about if you are on a jury and the only evidence to a murder is an eye witness? What about physics? Have you seen an atom get split? How do you know that is what is happening? Someone told you?

The world is not black and white, left or right. There are shades of grey and color too, heck there are 360 different degrees on the compass. The universe is a magickal place, you should see it from new eyes and not limit yourself to what you have been tought. A box can be a very confining place.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Ahhh the lovely sound of a nerve being brushed on this subject from the 3 amigo's
never fails to amaze me.

What? That doesn't even make sense.
The point I trying to make for you, was he has been raked over the coals here...

The man in question has his own q&a session on here, on subjects which may or may not be true. Who else gets that? And im not talking about skunkworks or blogs but
on the ufo forum, which regarding its subjective theme and some of the "outthere"
posts i wouldn't class as a normal one anyway.

ANYONE our Members WANT to ask questions of "gets that" what's your point?

We have the right to be inquisitive, and we certainly have the right to question what he says. I read his thread... and what? just cos i don't believe him, i'm not aloud to voice my opinions on him? I do hope you are joking

Now you're not making ANY SENSE at all, what the are you talking about? Nobody has EVER said "you aren't allowed to question him" have they? NO. Just be CIVIL and you can question away.

Whats worse though, is the sycophantic, bow down to the all mighty john threads like these.

That's the one I was waiting for, the jealousy is palpable, I'll say it again... ANYONE who our Members are INTERESTED IN (sorry if they aren't that interested in YOU) will be allowed to answer or Member's questions without being harrassed by jealous wannabes.

If you can't "stand that" then DON'T READ the JL threads. There's a concept!

Springer...

[edit on 10-15-2006 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I respect john and everyone else here who is not afraid to say their opinions.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I just hope John gets as much out of this board, as this board gets from him...

Only seems fair...
If you were a person with such experience, and research, and had lived such a life, you would probably NOT want to expose yourself to ridicule for your views, especially if you had already been rubbed raw here or there...

John has seen his share of judgement, condemnation, and even threats, and yet thru it all, he has allowed his ideas to evolve, and take on each new piece of the puzzle that people present.

IMHO, he is an open minded pioneer of a new age of enlightenment, and is still evolving as we type... except now he has the creative investigative pool of ATS to draw upon.

Very synergystic yes?
Heres to John, for he is a jolly good fellow...
nobody can deny...

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I just hope John gets as much out of this board, as this board gets from him...

Only seems fair...
If you were a person with such experience, and research, and had lived such a life, you would probably NOT want to expose yourself to ridicule for your views, especially if you had already been rubbed raw here or there...

Here's someone who GETS IT!
That's EXACTLY what the deal is here, we have Members who are interested in this man's views, experiences and opinions, and inspite of the crass, RUDE and sometimes dripping with envy, utterly UNCIVIL and unprovoked attacks on his person, he still answers most every one of them!

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Heres to John, for he is a jolly good fellow...
nobody can deny...

HERE! HERE!

I would have told this site to fly long ago were I John Lear, to his credit he has hung in there.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

I would have told this site to fly long ago were I John Lear, to his credit he has hung in there.

Springer...

Thats what I always thought too, I always thought John Lear (I have enough respect for him I dont feel like using just his first name) was treated unfairly and in rude manner by a lot of members. Heck that is why I made this thread after seeing the ideo interview, I though what the heck, this guy deseres a lot more respect than what he is getting. The after reading thesneakiod's post I felt like, well there it is again people disrespecting Mr. Lear.

Nothing wrong with disagreement, I am sure Mr. Lear (along with most of us) is used to that, but dont disrespect the man. He has great experience, has big hairy ones and is a true renaissance man. God I wish their were more like him, enthusiasm and charisma, with a certain humbleness.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Here are the comments from John Lear. He was talking with Art Bell.

Mankind is an alien controlled experiment. All religions were created by the aliens to give us a set of rules and regulations to live by so that we wouldn't hurt ourselves.

The secret government knows about this experiment but is hiding it from us.

This experiment has something to do with the soul. The aliens refer to us as containers. There is a cube on the Moon with an antenna. The antenna sends and receives souls.

If someone dies an unscheduled death the antenna doesn't pick up their soul and the resulting energy remains on Earth as a ghost.

When there is a major disaster like 911 the aliens send down giant soul collectors to recover the souls.

Increase in homosexuality is caused by the cube placing male souls in female bodies and vice versa. This is either by design or there is a fault with the cube.

Mariners are called 'lost souls' because if you die underwater the aliens can't retrieve the soul through water of any depth.

There are 38 levels above top secret. The top level is Majestic 12. The US President does not hold the highest level of secrecy.

Our Moon was towed here and placed in orbit around the Earth by a very large machine. There was a time in the recorded history of man when the Earth had no Moon, and also a time when the Earth had two Moons.

The Moon has an atmosphere which contains clouds.

The Moon does not revolve which proves it is artificial.

The US will not go back to the Moon. Any other country trying to get to the Moon will fail.

US astronauts went to the Moon, saw all the alien machinery and structures and were told to keep silent about it by NASA.

Some of the film footage of the Apollo Moon landings were faked.

John Lear disagrees with Richard C. Hoagland's idea that some secret group is tampering with signals to the Mars rovers. He says it is NASA itself that is doing the tampering.

NASA knows that Venus is a normal planet just like Earth. Venus has beings that are similar to us.

We already have bases on the Moon and Mars but for anyone to go there it is a one way trip because they can't risk anyone coming back and revealing this information.

NASA knows there are spaceships in the rings of Saturn.

If mankind gets too close to discovering the experiment it will be cancelled and started all over again. A sort of cleansing that happens on Earth every 25,000 years.

There are two forms of gravity. Gravity A works on an atomic scale. Gravity B is the type that holds us on the Earth and holds the Earth in orbit around the Sun.

Gravity is instantaneous. We use a gravity phone to talk to the grey aliens who live 1,000 light years away.

Over 1,500 alien abductions occur each day in the US.

The Yellow Book is a government record of all alien crash retrievals.

Source : here

Believe me, after reading this, I wanted to kick the bucket. Some of his interviews are so depressing...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
My inclinations are similar to Outrageo.

I think John is great and I respect him as my elder and for his knowledge and experience, however it is best to keep things in perspective no matter the subject or person speaking on it.

One thing I enjoy about ATS is the individuality of its members in a world loaded with cookie cut minds.

You know there's a problem when Subway is as successful as it is....

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
You know there's a problem when Subway is as successful as it is....

I love this quote, it is a good indicator as to where the general publics head is at.

You just have to turn on the ole filter!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join