It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Farmhouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I live about 45 minutes from an old farmhouse that dates back to the 1790's. I recently was able to obtain permission for a ghost hunt, and will be heading out there tonight. I'm very excited!

I'll be sure to post my findings in this thread.

Well, I'm going to get my stuff ready!

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I can't wait to see your report! Happy hunting.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I had a very interesting time! I didn't capture anything in the pictures, but my EMF detector went crazy when I walked into one room. I also heard many distinct footsteps on the third floor, only to find nothing there when I went up. My partner reported hearing the sound of a door opening (this building was rather drafty, so that's to be expected).

Back to the EMF detector. I only observed changes in the cellar, and the 2nd floor master bedroom. Next time I'll see if that changes.

I talked to the owner again, and he informed us that we're welcome to return to the property at any time, as long as we phone him in advance. We'll certainly be making another trip there in the near future.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You say you registered something on your emf detector; I was just wondering if you or your friend felt any "presence" (for lack of a better term)? Were there any emotions you experienced that seemed odd, or not to fit in with the situation?

Haunted or not, I bet it is a very interesting place to explore.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBurns
I had a very interesting time! I didn't capture anything in the pictures, but my EMF detector went crazy when I walked into one room. I also heard many distinct footsteps on the third floor, only to find nothing there when I went up. My partner reported hearing the sound of a door opening (this building was rather drafty, so that's to be expected).

Back to the EMF detector. I only observed changes in the cellar, and the 2nd floor master bedroom. Next time I'll see if that changes.

I talked to the owner again, and he informed us that we're welcome to return to the property at any time, as long as we phone him in advance. We'll certainly be making another trip there in the near future.

Just out of curiosity, I know that you said that the farmhouse was built in 1790, but was electricity ever put in the house? If so, especially if it was an old electrical system, that could explain your EMF detections.

Not to turn this into a discussion of EMF detectors, but what brand and or model were you using? How did you have it calibrated?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Mezzanine, that was my thought exactly too. I asked the owner, and he said there has never been electricity (the property being devoid of obvious indicators such as light fixtures, switches, anything electrical confirms this). I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who looks at these things before just assuming something paranormal was happening.

I'm currently employing the Trifield Natural EM Meter (Also known as "GHOST DETECTOR"). On the "SUM" setting (which reads EM fields), the needle was around 17. This was a very LARGE jump from the 3 reading that was observed just outside of the bedroom. Most of the house read between 1-3.

Daboga75, while I did feel "something," I can't tell you for sure what that "something" was. A good explaination was probably just the fact of it being somewhat cold, and this place being just a little bit creepy. When I heard the footsteps, the hair on the back of my neck literally stood up. But then again, anyone who does "ghost hunts" should know that this just motivates us to keep looking for more answers. I will say that there was a different feeling in the bedroom compared to the rest of the home.

My favorite part about older places is that even if you turn up with nothing paranormal, you'll at least have a good time looking.

If anybody else has questions, I'll glady answer them. Hopefully this Thursday or Friday I'll venture back to the place. I can post some pictures if anyone is interested in them.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:41 AM
link   
next time you go take a recorder with you, a videocam or something and leave it on the minute you enter the house.where is this house. how big is it.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I usually don't carry a video recording device with me. When I do, I leave them sit in areas I feel are "hot spots" to watch for any activity while I'm gone.

This house is in Western Pennsylvania. It has three floors, an attic, and a basement. A total of 47 rooms if I counted correctly.

[edit on 10/16/2006 by JBurns]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Sounds like you had a fun time!

Taking a video camera, even if it's not what you usually do, may be beneficial in the long run.

But then again, your the expert, me, I'm just a guy on his couch.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You're right, there is always the chance it'll pick up on something I missed at the time.

I can think of at least 100 situations in my life where I would like to be able to go through and analyze over and over.

Oh yeah, I want to mention that I wasn't saying that taking a camera wasn't a good idea, just that I don't normally do it. In fact, I should make it a permanent part of my investigative tools.

[edit on 10/16/2006 by JBurns]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I can't wait to see anything (even if you don't see anything) you catch.

Kudos to you and your efforts!

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Thank you very much for the support.

This place has the haunted house "look" to it. You'll see what I mean by the pictures.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
UPDATE: As many here know, a hobby of mine is paranormal investigation. The owners of this location found a post about this place I made on topic.com. They reached out and invited us to come back and conduct another investigation.

The owner has three young children, who have reportedly been having nightmares after playing inside the houses basement.

At worst, its a chance to help someone with their fears. Best case? There may be something paranormal here.

Going there this weekend. Report to follow!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A metal detector might be more fun. It would be a great site.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanzibar

We actually do use a white's coinmaster at these older sites. I actually found an 1898 silver dollar once. Imagine the shock on their face when we showed (and gave, of course) to the owner!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm curious to see what new evidence you come up with since its been quite a while. Definitely share what you find this time.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Motleycrue98

Please drop me a U2U. Had my hands full with a "ghost hunt" this weekend.

Cheers

JB

top topics

join