It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why on earth would anyone want to come here?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
While i believe out there somewhere in this vast universe that life must exist in some
form or other, i have to be sceptic that they are infact here.

This planet is burnt out. There is always a war going on in some country (when was
the last time we had total world peace when there was no fighting?) We are destroying the planet with pollution. We rake the earth for its resources with complete disregard for the effects it will cause. We will stop at nothing to get what we want. The greed of money and power rules the world. Lets be honest here, we are generally not a nice race full stop.

So my question is this; why would any intelligent, sophisicated, more advanced species ever want to come near this planet?

We would only try and start a war with them. Religious people would probably try
to kill them. And the scavengers of the planet would try their best to make money off
them.

If i was an alien i would avoid this planet like the black plague.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Why is everybody asking this silly question?!
Maybe the just come here to study us?

And yes I agree with you, we humans are silly

[edit on 2006/10/14 by TrappedSoul]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Oh, there are many reason they want to come here.

I have a theory that the aliens actually consider themselves challenged by women with makeup.

You know, sort of like that native american war paints or oceanic natives that dress up and make funny faces.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Why is it a silly question? Its a ufo forum for crying out loud. Lighten up.
If you think its a crap thread don't reply. Simple.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Maybe we're some ancient experiment done by possiable colleges and universities on another planet. Or maybe, their on vacation.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Or maybe this is just a convenient stopping off place, like a roadside cafe or somesuch.

Or maybe they visit all viable planets and this is just one among many.

Or maybe it has some strategic importance to them, in terms of location.

Or maybe we really do have something that they want, only we just don't know what it is yet.

Or maybe I'm just thinking like a human and they have a reason that I can't even guess at.

Could be lots of reasons

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Among other things: It's the water - we have an enormous quantity of H2O - far more than typical terrestrial-type planets in this orbital plane. They want to know why. Our myriad species are for the most part water as well. It's atypical. Draws interest - curiosity. We've evolved differently because of it. It's one of the reasons we are 'under the microscope'. There are other reasons. Stay tuned...

Thanks for the thread - and keep looking up

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The reality we see is 99.99% energy only. We're not solid real beings. The aliens have numerous of these energy worlds under their control. They told me this is their school where their young have to come to learn about various things.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I tend to take Phillip Corso Jrs position. Its not so much strange and unknown beings are coming to this planet to study us etc as it is other time lines visiting us to maybe prevent a horrible timeline coming into reality.

Perhaps indeed it is us that are coming back on many different timelines and realities...Greys, Nordics, Reptilians, Ginger Bread Man types ( seen on Fire in the Sky) Maybe they are all of us in different timelines and they are all fighting to become the main timeline.

Guess it is so far out of the box that our in box position to science and spirtuality prevents us from entertaining the idea at much depth or length of time.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by magnito_student]

Sorry about all the edits...i got sleepy brain today

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have to concur, this is a dumb question which seems to get asked around here every week. The person that asks the question is not dumb but they don't recognize that the question is dumb. They fail to think deeply about the subject.

Consider this:

If I as an advanced human observe two anthills at war with each other do I;

yell at them to stop?
physically seperate them?
expect that they even see me or recognize my existance?
take control of both anthills and then establish a government to stop wars?
destroy the aggressor so that the attacked ants can live in peace?

We are like the ants to many of the aliens, is that so difficult to understand?

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
We're also 'in the boondocks' on the galactic plane - way out there on the end of a spiral arm in an area of sparse stellar community. They come here for the same reasons our scientists are so interested in, say, the Yanomas of the Amazon or pygmies in Africa. We're rather 'unspoiled', quite primitive, and as yet (at least publically and universally) uninfected by our celestial neighbors.

We have/are:
Worthy of scrutiny/study, intensely interesting to observe, a source of 'raw' bio-material, still early in our evolutionary history, remote and isolated, simultaneously gregarious/affectionate and hostile/warlike, have a complex multi-deity belief system that can be exploited, on the threshold of cosmic awareness, iminnently self-annihalating - or - imminently self-preserving, harbor a planet rich with myriad plant and animal life forms worthy of study/sampling, are easy to manipulate/control/experiment on, ignorant of our own origins and destiny, possess incredible geologic/mineral riches/variety, basically very entertaining in movement/manner/variety of character/specie, and, as posted previously, we have an incredible quantity of water - one of the few true (>50%) water planets in the galaxy. The last one is almost as important to 'them' as we pride ourselves on being. They can make water easily enough but to have it naturally and spontaneously awash an entire terrestiral planet is an anomoly worthy of investigation...

Thanks for the great thread
Keep looking up!

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Maybe you should first ask yourself why humans study ALL other life on this planet and take great care no to disturb these lesser being's environment first. Why do we seek out and hope to find even microbic life or evidence of past life on nearby planets? To perpetuate this globe as a negative thing is a popularist notion. It's so avante garde to complain about global warming or pollution ignoring the myriad positive possiblilties that exist.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
The reality we see is 99.99% energy only. We're not solid real beings. The aliens have numerous of these energy worlds under their control. They told me this is their school where their young have to come to learn about various things.

That's actually a very good idea, I have wondered that myself, but I have one problem, why would they not use a simulator, like a video game but complete VR, or why learn in the school or hard knocks, why not just tell them what they need to know, on one level I can see that, at another its a an extreme when technology could provide the same experience, perhaps even in quicker time, why not download into the brain experiences, ones tailored to the lesson, why learn then the slow and hard way down here.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Thanks for the great thread
Keep looking up!

So in other words, your saying the 5th Season episode of "The Reality Show" is right?

Anyway, enjoy the site and have fun.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher of the Watchers
why would they not use a simulator, like a video game but complete VR, or why learn in the school or hard knocks, why not just tell them what they need to know, on one level I can see that, at another its a an extreme when technology could provide the same experience, perhaps even in quicker time, why not download into the brain experiences, ones tailored to the lesson, why learn then the slow and hard way down here.

Actually this is a virtual reality type setup as far as my experiences tell me, and many of the aliens people are meeting are the technicians who operate the virtual reality. Life seems long while we are in it but when it ends we realize it was just the blink of an eye and nothing but a lesson or two given by a higher intelligence.

The aliens showed me that they have all lives on file and they download the files into people and give them the type of lives they're supposed to have. There are beings watching to make sure everything runs smoothly and beings who play parts in the learning process. It's a very complex teaching environment for a very advanced species.

We've always known souls use bodies one after the other like disposable gadgets but we don't know the beings that allow the human species to be used that way.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The aliens showed me that they have all lives on file and they download the files into people and give them the type of lives they're supposed to have. There are beings watching to make sure everything runs smoothly and beings who play parts in the learning process. It's a very complex teaching environment for a very advanced species.

We've always known souls use bodies one after the other like disposable gadgets but we don't know the beings that allow the human species to be used that way.

This reality you suggest does not seem to respect freedom of will though. It must be a universal constant, freedom to pursue what you must for development purposes. The scenario you describe makes us sound like rats in a cave to me.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
"rats in a cave"? You lost me there statusquo, I don't understand how that metaphor makes since. But your right the scernorio doesn't make much sense or since(the spelling thing for since is weird). You have these beings with flying ships with lots of people that can both fly and navigate underwater, and then go into deep space, and possible time travel through space and time.

God or a spritual deities may do something like that, but I think it's more likely an intergalatic college or University or even extra-terresterial hospitals may be studying us by observation to study possible evolution theories for psychology, socialogy, climatic changes, and physical adaption to the multiple eviroments on this planet. It also makes it more likely, they might have their own political agenda since in most books dealing with the subject. They often turn off missels or any weapons they can.

[edit on 10-14-2006 by usaforever]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
This reality you suggest does not seem to respect freedom of will though. It must be a universal constant, freedom to pursue what you must for development purposes. The scenario you describe makes us sound like rats in a cave to me.

Yes but humans are only a fraction conscious so what seems like free will and fluid movement and thinking to us may quite possibly be a controlled phenomenon without us being aware of it.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Actually this is a virtual reality type setup as far as my experiences tell me, and many of the aliens people are meeting are the technicians who operate the virtual reality. Life seems long while we are in it but when it ends we realize it was just the blink of an eye and nothing but a lesson or two given by a higher intelligence.

If that was so then why use flying vehicles, also why show up in the simulation at all, if I had a computer simulation, say you are plugged into it, I am at the keyboard, I only have to manipulate my computer and its simulated world, I don't have to get in a ship and fly to you or stick you in some alien science lab, I only have to input the computer in the real world, so that idea is fatally floored.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
well I believe they appear at key points in time. Now that we're technologically advanced they are appearing as even more advanced. When they appeared centuries ago they had more primitive vehicles that still seemed advanced for that age. So they appear to influence our world at key times and in key ways.

It's too far off thread to discuss it really but they have to come here to maintain their virtual reality world. It's like that movie WestWorld where everything looks like a real world but underneath there are technicians hard at work keeping it going and sometimes technicians may have to appear in person to make adjustments.

I'm sorry for going off thread

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join