It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korean nuke test Not a Fake!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I just heard on CNN that they have detected radioactive gas near the test site.

Im trying to find more info on the topic....

[edit on 14-10-2006 by XphilesPhan]

Mod Edit: CAP title

[edit on 15-10-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
GOD I HOPE YOUR WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your right what the U.S. is going to do and the rest of the world! I just hope it just as bad as the Missile they shot.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is the article you are talking about: "U.S. intelligence statement: N. Korea radioactivity detected" from CNN

www.cnn.com...

I guess this means that NK does have nukes now believe it or not.

[edit on 10/14/2006 by warset]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Even if it was fake, I suspect that the "U.S. intelligence" would do exactly this imo.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Been covered in ATSNN for quite a while now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Wait, this is not a 100% confirmation is it now?

Well, NK is not known for bluffing. Everything they have said they would do, they have. We've got to take this situation seriously, but military action + sanctions will lead to nowhere.

I've got an idea though, how bout... bear with me now... assassins. We assassinate Kim Jong Il.

Military use is out of the question, it wuold lead into one of the most deadly conflicts in world history. Sanctions would just starve the innocent people of NK. NK has thousands of artillery aimed at Seoul.

Isn't is brilliant? Assassinate him. It's not impossible, I'm sure there are ingenius assassins out there waiting for the call... so, can anyone tell me of a reason why not?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Absolutely!

I was thinking that the best way to solve is might be use money or other means to "buy" a person that's close to Kim, and assassinate Kim with some sort of disease put into his food, like some sort of Hepatitis C or D or other virus, make the death appeared to be a natural one.

Then there will be a slim chance of free NK.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It was probably a fake.

The first reports were that there was no radiation in the area and that workers in that area were playing soccer or something right on the place where the bomb was supposed to have gone off under ground.

Now there is 'some' radiation? Betchya' the idiot over in NK told his boys to throw what little they had around so it would be detected. He forgot about us being able to detect a fake !!

Even if it isn't fake ... (which I think it is) .. it was a dud. That still gives the world a little time before the whack gets his hands on a bomb and Tokyo goes up in a mushroom cloud. (I'm sure that would be his first target .. tick off America to the point of us having to do something... then China would get involved ... then we have a nuclear world war IV (WWIII is the war on terrorism).

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt
Assassinate him. It's not impossible, I'm sure there are ingenius assassins out there waiting for the call...

That's what I've been saying for months. Geeeze .. can't the CIA come up with a poison tea bag or something ?? There have to be ways to get to him and save the entire planet a world of hurt. Cut off the head and the snake dies... and no one has to worry about getting bit anymore.

Makes sense.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ahh, with a bit more thought I figured why that wouldn't be a good idea.

If, somehow, the assassin got caught and confessed everything and pointed to the U.S. as resopnsible, who KNOWS what Kim will do.

For this plan to work, we'd have to have an assassin who would not give out ANY information if caught, even under extreme torture.

Again, I'm sure there are these kinds of people out there... waiting for the call.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Man, I was hoping the nuke was fake. I guess we should be scared.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It was probably a fake.

The first reports were that there was no radiation in the area and that workers in that area were playing soccer or something right on the place where the bomb was supposed to have gone off under ground.

Now there is 'some' radiation? Betchya' the idiot over in NK told his boys to throw what little they had around so it would be detected. He forgot about us being able to detect a fake !!

Even if it isn't fake ... (which I think it is) .. it was a dud. That still gives the world a little time before the whack gets his hands on a bomb and Tokyo goes up in a mushroom cloud. (I'm sure that would be his first target .. tick off America to the point of us having to do something... then China would get involved ... then we have a nuclear world war IV (WWIII is the war on terrorism).

Size doesnt really matter.
Your right tho, it failed.. it wasnt a dud.. it succesfully fired.. just not with the 'expected' results.

Regardless...
put this puppy, wether it big small succesful of failure into tokyo.
detonate it..

wether its .5 kilo ton or 10 kiloton the result will be the same.

all out war.

Simply being the fact he HAS a version of the bomb is stance enough.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Yep, it was 4-real.
Heres the link...

AIR TEST CONFIRMS NK NUKE TEST

Although...

"The explosion yield was less than a kiloton. U.S. nuclear experts believe that the unusually low yield suggests that the nuclear test was a failure."

I'm not sure what that means, it was successful yet it was a dud? Huh?

[edit on 16-10-2006 by super70]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Cut off the head and the snake dies... and no one has to worry about getting bit anymore.

a lot of people forget that when you cut the head off a snake, the head can still bite you by reflex for sometime after decapitation...

if KJI goes, there will be a power vaccume through the higher levels of the NK govt, this could cause civil war and great unrest. the people of NK have been brainwashed for so long, i dont think even a change in power will move them in the direction we would like. just remember how well that worked in those pesky little middle east countries.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt

If, somehow, the assassin got caught and confessed everything and pointed to the U.S. as resopnsible, who KNOWS what Kim will do.

For this plan to work, we'd have to have an assassin who would not give out ANY information if caught, even under extreme torture.

Where is 24's Jack Bauer when you need him?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bokinsmowl

Cut off the head and the snake dies... and no one has to worry about getting bit anymore.

a lot of people forget that when you cut the head off a snake, the head can still bite you by reflex for sometime after decapitation...

if KJI goes, there will be a power vaccume through the higher levels of the NK govt, this could cause civil war and great unrest. the people of NK have been brainwashed for so long, i dont think even a change in power will move them in the direction we would like. just remember how well that worked in those pesky little middle east countries.

See how much has China changed after Mao's death and the immediate removal of the "Gang of Four". It has marked the end of the brainwashing Cultural Revolution. Or otherwise, China today might be similar to NK today's situation.

People tent do free themselves once their "evil" leader is removed, although it might take them 20 or 30 years to eventually "open up" their minds, but at least they will be on the right track.

[edit on 10/16/2006 by warset]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Tone 23 and I were doing some digging and this is what we came up with....www.abovetopsecret.com...
we may be wrong but,
Something sounds very fishy....Need your help.

top topics

join