It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the realism of zombies?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
they are real. sometimes dead bodies as in the person not alive can be re animated through parasitic viruses apparently,

of course the person is still dead they don't come back to life, but the dead body gets turned into a "zombie" or animated corpse

also i do believe that voodoo and evil magic can bring dead people back as mindless zombies but still its touchy, might not be totally true anyway

"real" zombies aren't flesh eating Resident evil types

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
you know...what i find interesting in the old zombie thingy is contained within the text upon this strange little page i read a long while ago.

I have no idea whether the information is correct, probably because i'm crap at research, but I'd like to think it is.

Radithor was pre-mixed radium water manufactured in New Jersey by W. J. A. Bailey during the 1920's. Bailey called it "A Cure for the Living Dead" meaning a cure for mental illness and retardation. One of Radithor's fans was Eben Bayers, a steel tycoon in Pittsburg. Mr. Beyers drank 1400 bottles of Radithor and became so seriously ill with radium poisoning that portions of his mouth and jaw were surgically removed before he died in 1931. His death, noted on the front page of the New York Times, marked the beginning of the end of the popular radium water cures.

So I suppose that the living dead phrase could be a reference to mental retards and such like. Although I doubt that anybody, no matter how retarded they are, will function only to eat human flesh.

it's all on this website page thingy:

www.mtn.org...

ps. ...that poor mister Eben Beyers...

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Does anyone know if this story has developed into a working system?

www.foxnews.com...

Re animated dogs,sounds like the hounds from resident evil.
Soory to use "FAUx news" as a source BTW!

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
i too dream of the day when the zombie invasion starts!!

zombie killers unite!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The one thing I never got about the zombies in the movies. Where to they get there energy? They walk around for months with only a few of them actually getting a meal. They rest should in fact stop functioning very quick. Movment takes lots of energy. If zombies some how did formed from corpses they wouldn't last more than 1hr or 2. Zombies formed form already living people would last for about 2 to 3 weeks with out a meal.

A few ways zombies could be real. Virus/disease, magic(note magic zombies may last long basessed on the majic source. Note: if majic is real.), nano tech(solar powerd or nuklear), and there may be more.

[edit on 28-10-2006 by halfmask]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well from what we've learnt from the film "Day of the dead" the one where they are in a military bunker. The virus or whatever it was that caused the zombies, made the zombies run purley on a instinct to eat humans. The scientist even took out every organ in a zombies body and it was still trying to bite him. therefore they don't seem to need energy.

Plus we're talking about zombies, proper man eating zombies i'm sure if this could happen then its possible for something to run without energy lol.

Good point though

top topics

<< 1   >>

join