It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged with Assault for criticizing Cheney

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I would not accept the arrest of a man who 'said' something in passing. if he truly walked by, said his statement in passing, and then was immediately arrested, then yes, that is gross oversight and the agent should be reposted to another USSS location, and off presidential detail Let them chase counterfit money in Miami or some such.

However, that is not what happened, that is what is reported in his lawsuit and described on a left wing website. I take much of what I hear from the left, and the right, and I come to a conclusion.

The article I posted states he 'returned' to the scene, and he was acting combative during questioning. THere is no second guessing when you are a agent in that situation. If he would have left his original comment at that, and went about his business, none of this would have occured. He should have used some common sense.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yes, I agree. That's all there was to it. I don't understand the huss and fuss over nothing.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
The article I posted states he 'returned' to the scene, and he was acting combative during questioning.

You're basing this on the testimonial of the SS officer. Is it possible that he's lying to cover his ass?

There is no second guessing when you are a agent in that situation. If he would have left his original comment at that, and went about his business, none of this would have occured. He should have used some common sense.

Common sense has nothing to do with anything. If people could be arrested for lack of common sense, our prisons would house a good 75% of our population. The fact remains that there was no threat, and he was charged with assault. Not as a suspected terrorist, or conspiracy to commit assault. He was charged with assault for speaking to the VP.

[edit on 15-10-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
For the last time, he was NOT charged with assault, it was redueced . Also, I already stated that if the USSS agent did something wrong, they should no longer have that detail. A law enforcement officer, upon putting on the cuffs, can trump up any offense he wishes, but it is during booking that the true charge is entered.

However, you choose to only listen to the submitted court documents Mr Howard has filed. If you were going to court, would you paint yourself as combative, or as a poor, helpless citizen who kindly said something to the VP? Common sense tells us you would not incriminate yourself, would you?

Again, if this was Nazi Germany, you would have never heard about this story, and he would be dead. Lighten up.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Should we wait until people are being killed to speak up esdad?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   

You have no right to judge me, or attempt to psychoanalyze me for that matter. Why is it that the one who is charged is always the 'innocent'?

By your own words esdad...."innocent until PROVEN guilty". Why do you think it's OK now days for it to be "guilty till proven innocent"? You have contradicted yourself my friend. Do you really believe in innocent untill proven guilty or do you believe in "everyone's guilty"? Make up your mind would ya.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I had my nose broken by police when i was handcuffed and on the ground. They laughed at me. I was a witness to a crime, not even a suspect and they beat the hell out of me.

And yet you still defend this type of behavior? WOW is all I have to say.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi

I have said it before. From where I am sitting it looks like he did a bit more than calmly tell Cheney he disagreed with his Iraq policy. If you can PROVE otherwise, please, go ahead.

First of all, here in the US, it is upon the charger...... NOT the chargie to PROVE ANYTHING!!!!!! Period. Please let us have the proof that this man DID do anything wrong. Since the charges were dropped....I'd say that's proof enough.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by marg6043
Are we a dictatorship yet? OH
I forgot we are a democracy.

If you were in a factual, reality-based, true dictatorship, be assured that you would not have the luxury and/or freedom, that is bestowed to you because you are living in a democracy, to be able to post up that which you have.

Think twice next time before you pass off sarcasm concerning US democracy.
Apparently, you really do not know how good you do have it.

In defense of Marg. I believe she is from Cuba. So, don't think for a minute she doesn't know what she is talking about. She has lived it.....not you.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

I had my nose broken by police when i was handcuffed and on the ground. They laughed at me. I was a witness to a crime, not even a suspect and they beat the hell out of me.

And yet you still defend this type of behavior? WOW is all I have to say.

Reminds me of a Boondocks episode I once saw.

Boondocks - This Block is Hot

Uncle Ruckus has called the police on Riley for opening a fire hydrant, and several squad cars arrive on the scene

Ruckus Well if it idn't the brave men and women from the police department come to save the day.

Officer(gun drawn) Get out of the truck and show me some ID

Ruckus I see, that's a fine idea officer, can't be to careful. I'm just gonna reach into my back pocket and pull out my safety orrange wallet.

Officer GUN!!! (all begin shooting)

Ruckus It's a case of mistaken identity. I got indian in my family

Officer (several clicks of unloaded weapons)

Ruckus It's okay officer, it's okay I got a backup wallet just in case. That's where I keep my spare blockbuster card

Officer GUN!!! (all proceed to beat Ruckus with their battons)

Ruckus It's okay, I understand what you're doin'

[edit on 15-10-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

One question, what did the USSS agent do wrong according to the law?

What did Mr. Howards do wrong according to the law? Since charges were dropped...obliously nothing.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

This did not happen on 9/11.

Only according you...with no proof I might add. Where's the proof that Muslims did it? Where is the proof Bin Laden did it? The FBI and CIA have said they don't have the proof...so where do you?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I just think the SS got scared a bit and did their job. So calm down, please.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Many families had interests WW2, and the Bushs were one of them. I mean, I don't see people picketing Volkswagen or Daimler Benz, and there technology and engineering KILLED millions in WW2 and were supported by the Nazi regime. You cannot chose to look at some thing and not others, or you live with blinders on.

Hmm...look at the names. Bush is not German while Volkswagen and Daimler Benz are. You my friend are the one with blinders....sorry to have to burst the bubble.

Our current administration is not continuation of hte NAzi regime, and I would ask you nicely to not state that. You are again, calling me a Nazi, which I am far from. I believe in my country, and as far as I know, that does not make you a Nazi.

But believing in Naziish procedures does....again, sorry to burst the Nazi bubble you have.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

HItler took an impoverished nation, removed thier leadership and then attempted to take over the world. He was evil from start to finish. Stop the comparisons please.

[edit on 15-10-2006 by esdad71]

I have to say....what a great response to Sri's post. Nothing to back it up (which Sri posted plenty of similarities). Hmm...I wonder about people sometimes.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaforever
I just think the SS got scared a bit and did their job. So calm down, please.

I understand what you're saying but doing their job is not arresting people for speaking their mind. Bottom line. And I find it amazing that people are saying Howards is lying while in the same breath saying the SS agent isn't.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I understand what you're saying but doing their job is not arresting people for speaking their mind. Bottom line. And I find it amazing that people are saying Howards is lying while in the same breath saying the SS agent isn't.

And you think he tells the whole truth? I sure dont. Have you any personal experience with Secret Service Agents. I do, and those who I have met and spoken with all seem very professional and mindful of thier duties. And those agents also take great pride in the fact that they are entrusted with the lives of elected officials of this nation. They do not take chances with anything close to a threat because anything is a potential threat.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
They do not take chances with anything close to a threat because anything is a potential threat.

And that is the problem isn't it? Maybe these royals should just keep closed up in their palaces then if they feel EVERYONE is a threat.

Edit: If they wern't so corrupt...then maybe they wouldn't feel every citizen is a threat?

That's not partizan.....they are all corrupt.

[edit on 10/15/2006 by Griff]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I am not contradicting myself, the USSS did nothing wrong. Nothing. Period. Man griff, you make me laugh. First WTC, now this. You really hate the government and seem ot want ot blame ALL the problmes on them, but answer me this.

Do you truly think it will be any different with someone else in office? If you do, then you sir are the one with blinders.

Again, he did not arrest the man for saying something in passing, it was his actions when he returned. When he 'returned'. He could have simply gone about his business, but he put himself in a situation that he should not have. Maturity teaches you that. All I can say is you would be a pretty #ty bodyguard with an attitude like you have. Your protectee would have to defend themselves.

[edit on 15-10-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
He's telling the truth, can you please lay off of him guys. He gave us the article and everything, if you keep this up, I wil have to consider reporting you to the staff for trying to flame him.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join