It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Navy SEAL died sacrificing his life to save others.

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:36 AM
link   


The sacrificing of a soul, in the defence of your leaders arrogance.



Apparently he didn't feel that way!




posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Obviously.
He didnt have a chance to, his gift of heroism doesnt take second seat to his voice of reason.

Imagine how his men feel, so overcome in there 2nd chance of a marines life, thinking of the man whom sacrificed himself in the defense of your Administrations illegial, corprate ambitions.

He should of been using his heroism, saving someone from a burning house or maybe defending an old lady being mugged..

back home..



posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Wow that was quick thinking by the SEAL, I would probably just freeze up and not know what to do.



posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
God bless this brave man for his heroic actions.

Support the troops, regardless of your political views.

Your sacrifice will never never be forgotten.



posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
not to be rude or anything but arent vets usualy forgotton about when they get back?
thats what i have read and seen in some documentries


Therefore, its time for a change. If people are going to forget our veterans, then lets force people not to forget them by celebrating the lives of all who served in this awful war.

Its very insulting to appreciate our veteran's sacrifices only when we achieve victory.



posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Obviously.
He didnt have a chance to, his gift of heroism doesnt take second seat to his voice of reason.

Imagine how his men feel, so overcome in there 2nd chance of a marines life, thinking of the man whom sacrificed himself in the defense of your Administrations illegial, corprate ambitions.

He should of been using his heroism, saving someone from a burning house or maybe defending an old lady being mugged..

back home..


Dont turn this into a political issue, because it isnt. Its about one mans heroism and sacrifice to save the lives of his men. Because whether you like it or not, those men and women are there and thats a fact. Instead of bitching about something you or I cant change, you should be looking at this man as an example of how we ourselves should be. Selfless human beings, his sacrifice is not in vain, he saved the lives of many others with his act of heroism and paid the ultimate price. This mans death should not be used for political gain by either side, but rather honored and seen as an example of what we humans are really capable of.

Just so you know, this isnt a personal shot at you, but for anyone who seems to make an attempt to turn this into a political discussion. In my opinion, politics have no place in this particular discussion.

[edit on 10/15/2006 by ludaChris]



posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I understand what ya saying and fair enough.
I achnowledged his herosim, but pointed out the unfortunate side of this debacle.
IF people want to see it as a political point, fine be it.
I rather think of the sacrifice his country endured.. being this man wasnt ALLOWED to perform his heroic acts at home.



posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I understand what ya saying and fair enough.
I achnowledged his herosim, but pointed out the unfortunate side of this debacle.
IF people want to see it as a political point, fine be it.
I rather think of the sacrifice his country endured.. being this man wasnt ALLOWED to perform his heroic acts at home.


Fair enough, I just hate to see this turn into some political slugfest. I know its unavoidable to think of this in a political sense to one degree or another. But this is the life this man chose, he wasnt forced into a career as a SEAL. You have to want something like that to get it, because it sure as hell dont come easy. Fair enough though, we can leave it at that. I now understand what youre saying.



posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This guy is a hero, end of story. I hope he gets a posthumous medal for his actions. Definitely not a pretty way to go, but were it not for this man's brave actions, many others would have died. If we were all this selfless and heroic, there would be no war in Iraq, or anywhere else, for that matter.



posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Very tragic, but inspiring as well. We need more people like him in the world.



posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mimbster
Very tragic, but inspiring as well. We need more people like him in the world.


There are..in every single country I believe..
every single country..
I'm proud to say its human nature(not well the well known aspect of it though).



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join