It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio Air America follows in Proud Liberal Footprints, Bankrupt!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I cannot account for the behavior of others but he was a good man, like his politics or not...he really was Mr. Smith goes to Washington. And yes that was his funeral.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Back to the topic....

The elections are here in a couple of weeks. In my area, there are talk shows that are both liberal and conservative. On each of them, the candidates are interviewed and the phone lines are opened up for callers to ask them questions.

Where else can you get this type of interaction?

Another example: I'll be shaving in the morning, and the TV will blurt out "Resolution XYZ passed the House and is on it's way to the Senate". Sure enough, in-depth coverage awaits me on my one-hour commute to work. All I need to do is to push that little button in my dashboard.

So, I disagree with the notion that talk radio demographics are geared toward old fogeys or right-wingers only. Every day, I hear all sides to an issue, and I hear candidates being smooched and grilled. I admit that talk show hosts may be biased, but never do they shut out dissenting opinion. In fact, they encourage it.

All I ever got from Air America was whining about how bad Bush is. I tuned it out very early in it's lifetime, and whenever I would occasionally check back in to see if they had improved, I heard no difference in their programming. I am not surprised they went under.

Just my .02

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I just love it when a "lefty" gets thru to Hannity or Limbaugh

What a riot!!!
....OOOOps we lost our caller!!!

Anyone ever hear a show out of New York at 10pm ET called the "Lionel" show?
He was a prosecutor turned to radio and speaks nothing but the truth. I love him to death. He's quite entertaining and you people might find him fascinating. He's also very funny. A funny "leftie"- Imagine that.

Check him out.

Here's a link to him: www.lionelonline.com...

[edit on 15-10-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Semperfortis your avatar says you are a student traveler? you need to do more background work.this piece on Air America, has allready aired on Sundance I believe, three months after the station started.by the way they are not in it for the money,but if you watched it you would know this right?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
*Sigh*

14 September 2006

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 9, 2005

NewsMax.com Wires
Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2006

Air America Radio is a full-service radio network and program syndication service in the United States. The network started programming on March 31, 2004, and features discussion and information programs with hosts reflecting liberal, left-wing, or progressive points of view. The network specializes in presentations and monologues by on-air personalities, guest interviews, calls by listeners, and news reports.
en.wikipedia.org...

Air America was conceived as a for-profit operation in response to the perception by many liberals that conservative dominance of talk radio--particularly Rush Limbaugh's popularity--gave the Republicans an electoral advantage over the Democrats because it helped the Republicans turn out their political base.
en.wikipedia.org...

Key words in red..

Semper

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Watch the documentury its not the type of profit you are trying to portray? there main objective was to get the other side of the story out, and not become rich, you must view to consume what im saying

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
*Sighing again*

for-profit operation

Semper

[edit on 10/15/2006 by semperfortis]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Soldier has to eat and that is all im saying untill you view the film. good bye for now.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Market Snare

Originally posted by jsobecky
All I ever got from Air America was whining about how bad Bush is. I tuned it out very early in it's lifetime, and whenever I would occasionally check back in to see if they had improved, I heard no difference in their programming. I am not surprised they went under.

I had a similar experience.

I find programs like Limbaugh's and Hannity's to be quite amusing, and while I don't listen to radio much (I pretty much gave it up with TV), if I want to hear conservative spin delivered in a relatively entertaining manner, I know they will deliver.

They make me laugh.

On the other hand, I found Air America very hard to listen to for any significant period of time. It just didn't appeal to me.

It's not that I didn't want to hear liberal spin delivered in a relatively entertaining manner, because I most certainly would love that as a counterpoint to the right-wing talking heads.

Rather -- and in spite of the fact that I've been a big fan of Al Franken as a comedian for about 30 years now -- the programs just weren't engaging.

Al Franken's political sermons were almost uniformly forced and didactic, and all the examples I've listened to over the past year or so had a bitter, pedagogic tone which was a real turn-off for me.

How much of "Bush is a poopie head" can an adult listener be expected to take?

For me, anyway, Air America just wasn't fun to listen to. It wasn't entertaining.

Conservative talk radio evolved over many years in response to a demand for that kind of programming by listeners.

Liberal talk radio was concocted as a "countermeasure" that sought to gin up its own market and, instead of evolving to meet the demands of listeners, presumed to tell them what they wanted to hear.

Ultimately, the market decided Air America's fate.

Oh the irony.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Thanks for ignoring me Semper...

Again, is Bush a evil liberal because he has gone bankrupt more then once? Like four times I think? So, if going bankrupt is liberal, then Kenny Lay and Bush are the biggest liberals on the planet!

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

I had a similar experience.

I find programs like Limbaugh's and Hannity's to be quite amusing, and while I don't listen to radio much (I pretty much gave it up with TV), if I want to hear conservative spin delivered in a relatively entertaining manner, I know they will deliver.

They make me laugh.

On the other hand, I found Air America very hard to listen to for any significant period of time. It just didn't appeal to me.

It's not that I didn't want to hear liberal spin delivered in a relatively entertaining manner, because I most certainly would love that as a counterpoint to the right-wing talking heads.
:
Rather -- and in spite of the fact that I've been a big fan of Al Franken as a comedian for about 30 years now -- the programs just weren't engaging.

We are fortunate in this area to have several radio stations that are dedicated to talk. There are time segments hosted by liberals as well as conservatives. So, you can get your dose of whatever floats your boat.

The part I enjoy the most are the guests and the callers. You get all points of view, and the callers really put candidates on the hot seat. Issues are discussed and debated in depth.

Limbaugh or Hannity are really not my first choice. I only listen because they get more national-level guests than the local shows. I can only take so much of "All democrats are evil" as I can of "Bush is a poopie head." A steady diet of either is bound to give a person rickets.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
USMC,

I never ignored you my friend....

I posted the definition of bankrupt to illustrate my use of the analogical term "Bankrupt."

Illustrating without value, useless etc.

Sorry you thought I ignored you..

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join