It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Kim be using the uranium for electricity instead of getting the bomb?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Link

As the world grapples with how to rein in the "axis of evil" state which this week conducted a nuclear test, this spectacular satellite photo unveiled yesterday by US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld shows in stark detail the haves and have-nots of the Korean peninsula.

The regime in the north is so short of electricity that the whole country is switched off at 9 p.m. - apart from the capital of Pyongyang where dictator Kim Jong-il and his cohorts live in relative luxury. But even there, lighting is drastically reduced.

The result, as shown in this picture taken one night earlier this week, is a startling contrast between the blacked-out north and the south, which is ablaze with light, particularly around major cities and the capital, Seoul, in the north-west of the country.

Wow, a large military force and possibly a nuke and yet manage to keep Pyongyang blazing alive with light.
Sorry, press the wrong button, submitted too early.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by deltaboy]

[edit on 13-10-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
China is the one that provides Nk with their energy needs, I guess that is why they have the luxury to stay lighted.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm sure that Kim is on his computer right now or watching DVD's on his hi-end 7.1 system so what does he care?

I guess the birthrate in NK would be high if the people had enough to eat and could afford to feed their children but since they can't they must go to sleep early and all get up early.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think that it's pretty obivious that Kim is only interested in the well being of himself and his cronies.

Let the people starve, that doesn't matter as long as he has a country to do as he pleases.

I understand that he likes to drink Cognac that costs $650 per bottle. He ships it in by the case.

I think that pretty much sums up his respect for his people.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The graphic illustrates that communism simply doesn't work and that the 'evils' of the western capitalist system make the lives of ordinary people far far better. Like Japan compared to East Germany as another example.

new topics

top topics

join