It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 3 biggest hoaxes ever!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
1.Loch Ness monster
2.Roswell
3.Crop circles

loch ness is lasting for years and years and years,roswell for 50 years and poeple still believe the sayings of a farmer looking for attention and who didn't know anything about top secret aircrafts kept secret because of the cold war.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
probably hoaxes, but dang, I would like to know for sure. We may never know for sure.....

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Wheres you logic ?
Or do you just like to spout off ?
Do you work for the US government ?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The problem with cropcircles is that you have to research every single one of them to be sure if the whole phenomena is a hoax or not.

And untill now, there's no definite answer for that.

So that leaves it to two.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
1.Loch Ness monster
2.Roswell
3.Crop circles

So your say every crop circle in the world is a hoax?? So the people that create them must be apart of one great big conspiracy for all of the to be a hoax.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I would rate 9/11 as a bigger hoax than any of those.

Not that it never happened. It was tragic.

But why it was allowed to happen, and what a corrupt administration has done with it, without even allowing the proper investigation into it that any American or determined seeker of truth would require.

Measure the dollar spend on where the previous President put his old fellow up against the stonewalled 9/11 Congressional Enquiry, and you understand the priorities of the current admin. The #1 priority is cover-up, mushrooms.

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
im still ganna give what happend in roswell a chanse.

crop circules who in the hell knows,,,

lockness, maybe somthing was there 70 years ago, whatever it was its dead.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Crop circles - You have to admit that the people that design those certainly have an incredible flair for design, LOL!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Nessy may be real, but then again, seeing we haven't found anything...but that's not a reason to rule it out.

As for crop circles, sure, some may be fake, but others, I highly doubt it.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:18 AM
link   
sorry but nessie is real ive swam with her

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The answers may be out there, we may allready know them.
The question is are we prepaired to accept them???

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I believe nessie is real, but i think its more likely more than one creature. Remember we are finding new species of sea life all the time, something like 3 a week.

Roswell was probably a crash site, but not a UFO, much more likely it was a secret test plane.

As for crop circles i dont know, there no doubt alot fo them are hoaxes and how they are done has been explanied, but there are so mant crop circles over the world, could there really be that many people trying to hoax everyone? And what about the lights some people see above crop cirlces? And how about corn devils, this were described in medieval times in england, light above corn, then they left their mark. A hoax from all that time ago? doubtfull.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
1.Loch Ness monster
2.Roswell
3.Crop circles

loch ness is lasting for years and years and years,roswell for 50 years and poeple still believe the sayings of a farmer looking for attention and who didn't know anything about top secret aircrafts kept secret because of the cold war.

If these are your "top 3 hoaxes", where does the moon landing come in?? If you want to talk about a propaganda machine at work, the moon landing has to be #1. You surely can't think of Loch Ness and Roswell ahead of the moon landing when you mention hoaxes...can you??

And I would have to agree with MA about 9/11. That would rank #2 on my list...

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'll agree with 1 being misidentification, and folktales, and 3 being a hoax, but I cannot concur on Roswell.

roswell for 50 years and poeple still believe the sayings of a farmer looking for attention and who didn't know anything about top secret aircrafts kept secret because of the cold war.

No, it isn't just the word of a farmer looking for attention. It's the word of THE senior military intelligence officer of the base, and over 200 other witnesses, including at least 9 deathbed confessions (which are admissable in court), numerous government documents to support it, even the frickin' front page of the local paper. It's the testimony of many people, who've handled the debris, and even the bodies. It's the government's own ineptness in the coverup. Trying to explain it as a Mogul balloon, and then the parachute dummies (which were part of a test years later than Roswell). No, Roswell is no hoax, it's simply the government's first attempt at a public crash coverup.... They learned their lesson, and established protocals because of it....

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   

1.Loch Ness monster
2.Roswell
3.Crop circles

and here i thought that the number one conspiracy was the moon landing......what a load of #e that was.
And crop circles?.....come on how could they even be in the top 10?.....roswel....yes roswel is defintly up there in the top 3

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
biggest hoax ever = life has meaning

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
agreed gazrok.. 100%

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
But why it was allowed to happen, and what a corrupt administration has done with it, without even allowing the proper investigation into it that any American or determined seeker of truth would require.

Or, more accurately, the bigger hoax would be that so many people still believe that the government is actually doing their jobs *right* & for the benefit of the people they're working for...

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Know
Where does the moon landing come in?? If you want to talk about a propaganda machine at work, the moon landing has to be #1. You surely can't think of Loch Ness and Roswell ahead of the moon landing when you mention hoaxes...can you??

And I would have to agree with MA about 9/11. That would rank #2 on my list...

Moon landing a hoax?...no. Go buy a nice telescope...look at the moon...you can see the American flag on it...there is your proof. 9/11 is the biggest coverup of all time...not a hoax....more and more red tape is being found every day.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
9/11 is the biggest coverup of all time...not a hoax....more and more red tape is being found every day.

I call it a "hoax" because the official conspiracy theory is complete BS. The US public have been swindled and brainwashed into believing that 19 Middle Eastern suicide hijackers with unqualified pilots amongst them (7 of those identified alive today, and 1 other who died in a later plane crash) got through airport security (all run by the same firm!) and commandeered four commuter planes with boxcutters then steered them expertly into landmark buildings, all on the same morning with major synchronous national security lapses and no effective response from NORAD or the Commander In Chief, all with little prior warning or knowledge on the part of the Bush admin.

It is a hoax on a grand scale. But it doesn't end up a cover-up because the truth will out.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join