It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Conservatives Duped by BushCo. By Keith Olberman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I did. I said I didn't believe Bush was really a conservative Christian. I also said I don't think conservative Christians believe Bush is really a 'born again' at all and that they went with him because he was the lesser of evils available at the time.

I tell you this closes people that knows Bush said that Bush has always been an agnostic but he was advised by his team to recruit religious rights for use in the political campaign to gain followers.

You are right Flyers he was never a born again Christian.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars

What is it going to take to get Christians to see the light? Not to pat myself on the back or anything but I knew something fundementally, spiritially wrong with Bush back when he was running for governor of my state..

As a christian myself, when faced with the choice of Bush vs Gore or Bush vs Kerry, there was only one choice to vote for, George Bush.

Now, after having said that, we have to realize that the problems of this nation have become to great for any person or party of people to solve. Only the return of Jesus Christ to rule and reign will put an end to the problems the world faces and finally bring peace.

It's also hard to judge someone by what others write about them because you don't know if that person is telling the truth about them.

So as a christian here is what I have seen concerning George Bush for myself. It appears he has accepted Christ as Savior, but only God knows this for sure. When the WTC was attacked I remember Pres. Bush coming onto TV and praying on national TV for our nation. This was the proper response considering what had just taken place. The people of the U.S. had their attention focused on God(it should have been fined tuned to Jesus Christ) but it was a start. God Bless America become our battle cry, but it was not put into the proper context.

This event and the prayer he said was a turning point for this nation. George Bush had a decision placed before him that day, straight from God Almighty. The President went onto national TV and prayed for our nation, the decision he had to make was this, "Do I continue to do this on a regular basis or is this a one time thing". Unfortunately the President missed the opportunity, to continue meaningful prayer on a permanent and regular basis, to make it a mark of his presidency, it turned out to be a one time event. This is going to and already has come back to haunt us.

Another missed opportunity was when Vice President Cheney told a Senator who was questioning him to go and f... himself. If someone is a christian, and if Jesus is the Lord of their life, then when someone representing what you stand for says something like that, there was only one choice the President had. He should have asked the Vice President for his resignation that same day, effective as soon as another person could be sworn in as Vice President. That would have sent a message that he takes his relationship with Christ serious and this is his first priority, through which all other things are filtered through.

Another mistake was when the President was at the last G7 summit and he was recorded saying sh.. A christains language is to be a reflection of what is in their heart and a reflection of Jesus.

Another thing is, the on purpose comments President Bush makes concerning the war on terror. He goes out of his way to say that Islam is "O.K.". This is a fundamental flaw, because it is not. It is not a religion of peace. It would be better to say nothing then to include islam alongside christianity as compatible. There is growing evidence as world events unfold, and they begin to match what the Bible says will happen, that islam could be a/the huge "missing link" as to understanding end time events.

I believe President Bush was at a crossroads on 9/11 with a HUGE choice to make, and he chose to leave the complete truth of God unspoken. Now after having said that I shudder to think where we would be, had we had a democratic president the last 6 years. Only in the light of eternity will we know if my last sentence is true.

This is my edit, something I forgot. President Bush should have publicly renounced any affiliation with the "Skull and Bones" club he joined in college. He was asked about it on TV and had the perfect opportunity. Now I'm not saying these things would be easy, but in God's eye's they are necessary.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by dbrandt]

[edit on 19-10-2006 by dbrandt]

<< 1   >>

join