It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About To Replace “Old Glory” with The Jolly Roger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Dear Everybody:

This is a “heavy” subject. And I am certainly not the most qualified person to be talking about the interface of Religion, Patriotism and Politics. But one has to start somewhere. And the more thoughts are voiced, the better.

The speak and actions of our government appear to be directing our country toward expanding our “war on terrorism” against an additional country — Iran. If this speculation proves real, then perhaps we should — in the tradition of old pirate practice — change our “homely” national flag for the more portentous “Jolly Roger”.

If indeed we are about to attack Iran — like a bunch of rabid orks — then let’s at least openly declare our intentions. No life will be spared, no quarter given, none asked. Yes that was a cynical comment, but not too far from the truth. We have planned to assault Iran for two reasons.
A) We want their oil — without having to share it with the rest of the world.
And, B) Israel feels threatened

Neither reason is ethical within our officially declared value set of beliefs. It’s never o.k. to “steal”, every child knows that. And to clobber/kill someone just because you “feel threatened” is not permissible either. Else our society would fall into anarchy due to fights and feuds breaking out everywhere.

In the U.S., church and state are formally separated. Still, silently the majority of the populace considers us to be a “Christian” nation. Which is why every presidential inauguration includes the placing of a hand on a “bible”. Well it’s time to take a stand. It’s time to choose sides. We must make up our minds. The bible — in case you haven’t noticed — is a two-part document. An old testament and a new testament. We need to decide which God we want to believe in. The God of War or the God of Love. Yahweh or Jesus.

Evangelists often delve into the gory details of the great rapture and tribulation. And they prefer to quote from the old testament since that’s where all the action is. Instead of debating Christ’s teachings they fervently simply proclaim that “they love Jesus”. Hmm.. If the word Christian derives from “Christ” then wouldn’t it make sense to at least feebly attempt to follow his teachings nonviolence and modesty?

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Interesting to note that the "Jolly Roger" you refer to is a Skull and (Crossed) Bones on a black field. Symbolic of the "Bonesmen" currently in charge of our government and secret services, I dare say.

For Christians, The New Testament is all about the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy. As Christ said, "I have come to fulfill the Law, not destroy it."

He also gave his disciples the 11th commandment, to "Love each other, as I have loved you."

The Spirit of the Law is life, the Letter of the Law is used to condemn.

If the hard right is in anticipation of a loss of power in Congress on 11/7, we may very well see a pre-emptive strike on Iran.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Dear Everybody:

Top US general says Rumsfeld is inspired by God news.yahoo.com...

Here we go again. Throughout the ages leaders claim to be doing “God’s work” — especially on the eve of war. This is exactly what I’ve been talking about, we need to make of our minds. Is our God akin to “Apollo or Mars” (Greek and Roman Gods of warfare) or more Jesus-Gautma Budda like? This issue has been ignored far too long. A schism of sorts needs to take place. It’s high time we wisened up. I know we think we need the oil but perhaps we should start planning a little bit more “long-term”.

There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew. ~Marshall McLuhan, 1964

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

join