It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The list from outer space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
There is a documentary airing later this season from Paul Kimball chronicling the top 10 sighting of flying saucers in our history and it doesn't look as if Roswell is going to hit the top spot...

My top 5 based on evidence would have to be

5. Betty and Barney

4. Phoenix Lights

3. Battle of LA

2. Roswell

And my number 1 would have to be.... drum roll please...

1. Rendlesham.

Here's a link to the article.

www.hfxnews.ca...

I think he has an incident on his list that goes way back to the 1500's, german?

Be interested to see what other people think of the top 10 sighting of flying saucers in our history!!, do you agree with my top 5???

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
The old incidents are interesting...can`t be a secret plane in 3000BC can it?
History is literally bursting with sightings.I love some of the Roman sightings on the below link.They often describe the ufos as "shields".
I was trying to find a particular roman sighting,as it was apparently witnessed by a whole city and was documented by some official type....can`t find though!!If anyone knows that one please tell me where i can read about it.

www.bibleufo.com...

This is interesting,check the Roman sightings out as they show their sources(roman history books etc)

When you look at the history of sightings the odds of intelligent visitors rise dramatically.
I want to believe.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Obviously there is a lot of good sightings and encounters of the past that are not well known even to many people here. One that has always interested me is 'Shag harbour' because the military not only was seen by the public in a recovery operation but it was openly known that the military was chasing after an UFO/USO.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Obviously there is a lot of good sightings and encounters of the past that are not well known even to many people here. One that has always interested me is 'Shag harbour' because the military not only was seen by the public in a recovery operation but it was openly known that the military was chasing after an UFO/USO.

Ahhh yes, That was pretty amazing. I forgot all about that, but it should be up there. I heard one of the divers was visibly shaken and had said "whatever is down there isn't from this planet" or something like that. I think that the Travis Walton abduction ss more credible than Betty and Barney Hills too. But I suppose the Hills case was pretty much a base for the modern abduction phenomena.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo

This incident has always been the one that has intrigued me the most. There was definately SOMETHING that crashed/landed into the harbour. I recently saw a documentary on the history channel about this incident. Great stuff!

www.unexplainable.net...
/www.geocities.com/Area51/Cavern/5309/shag.html
www.ufocasebook.com...

The battle of Los Angeles is another one that has always baffled me. The usual explaination is that it was just gunners who had itchy trigger fingers, but there were multiple witnesses to solid metallic objects in the sky. Not to mention the photo that exists of SOMETHING up in the air, and well as the radar sighting.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.subversiveelement.com...

[edit on 13-10-2006 by outofstep]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Deny the SQ:What a funny name Shag harbour is to us brits rofl!
More importantly i have never heard of it-thanks man,you made my day.Im off to read all about it.
Wonder how it got the name?I`m thinking the birds maybe...

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
OK I have never heard of The Travis Walton case, was that what the film Fire In The Sky movie was based on?.

And Shag Harbour is a pretty new one to me as well, i'm going to have a look and see what i think, it sounds interesting to say the least!. Any more for any more?

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think fire in the sky did have a travis in it.

Thought i should include this one seen as its near where i live:

www.answers.com...

A friend from the area quizzied some old boys in the village about a decade ago,and they remember the army storming in and removing the top soil.A classic case.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I think fire in the sky did have a travis in it.

Thought i should include this one seen as its near where i live:

www.answers.com...

A friend from the area quizzied some old boys in the village about a decade ago,and they remember the army storming in and removing the top soil.A classic case.

I heard of that one and I know wales has had its fair share. When I was a kid I saw a ufo in Pembrokeshire. It was a silver egg shaped craft hovering between Fishguard and St Davids. I later found out that it was right next to a US underwater listening base which is a renowned hot spot for UFOs, known as the Welsh Triangle.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
When I was a kid I saw a ufo in Pembrokeshire. It was a silver egg shaped craft hovering between Fishguard and St Davids. I later found out that it was right next to a US underwater listening base which is a renowned hot spot for UFOs, known as the Welsh Triangle.

Nice one Xeros.I too went to Pembrokeshire quite a bit as a kid,i know the area.
Top sighting!
Any noise and did you see it move or anything?
Have you any more info on the underwater listening base?Was it a submarine or a solid underwater base?Sounds Wiked,anyone in the USA hear about this if it was your base?

I am off to search the net to see if any old welsh Druidic practises or literature contain UFO references.
L8r

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
When I was a kid I saw a ufo in Pembrokeshire. It was a silver egg shaped craft hovering between Fishguard and St Davids. I later found out that it was right next to a US underwater listening base which is a renowned hot spot for UFOs, known as the Welsh Triangle.

Nice one Xeros.I too went to Pembrokeshire quite a bit as a kid,i know the area.
Top sighting!
Any noise and did you see it move or anything?
Have you any more info on the underwater listening base?Was it a submarine or a solid underwater base?Sounds Wiked,anyone in the USA hear about this if it was your base?

I am off to search the net to see if any old welsh Druidic practises or literature contain UFO references.
L8r

There was no noise at all. It did move suddenly downwards and then back, but was mostly hovering and very still. It was really eerie. It was very close to a US submarine listening base (I beleive) near a place called Brawdy. I'll do a search and see what I can find.

Edit - Here you go: Brawdy American Naval Facility

Pembrokeshires x-files

Welsh Triangle

Theres lots on it if you search.

Here's a map. I was on a road somewhere between the yellow and orange ones, between Pont-yr-Hafod and Brawdy. The ufo was seen in the direction of Brawdy. If you zoom out and notice the main roads, you can clearly see the "triangle"

I was shocked at the info that I found on the place, as I only realised the significance of the area years after the sighting.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Cool stuff Xeros,Aha i may have read a little about Brawdy,come to think about it.Top INfo. reading it now.
Ta for the map too,Hope we get a better Rez in Wales on Google earth soon too,I gotta check it out next time im in the area(rare at the minute-car is diseased).

The egg shaped object sounds intelligently controlled.Top one,be it secret plane or Alien craft.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hey Xeros,

That really interesting I was just reading about this case the other day.

Did you know that Dr. David Clarke , who the MoD recently released the Condign Report to , has recently come forward to claim these UFO sightings have been solved?

UFO Sightings Of 30 Years Ago Explained

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Cool stuff Xeros,Aha i may have read a little about Brawdy,come to think about it.Top INfo. reading it now.
Ta for the map too,Hope we get a better Rez in Wales on Google earth soon too,I gotta check it out next time im in the area(rare at the minute-car is diseased).

The egg shaped object sounds intelligently controlled.Top one,be it secret plane or Alien craft.

Yeah, google maps is great. The craft was actually more ovoid than egg shaped and completely silver. It must have been about the size of a garage/minibus (if they were spherical) . It was about 10 years ago, but sticks in my mind like anything would that was too fked up to get your head around. It really got me interested in the subject.

top topics

join