It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F22 vs Eurofighter vs SU37 who wins the Dogfight.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Most British militar radar systems can follow stealth planes with ease due to to completly different operating systems, anyway the F22 is not invisible to radar, it just presents a lower profile. If you know what to look for a stealth plan is easy to track, unless you are operating 3rd world radar.

In mock engagements so far the Typhoon Eurofighter has won all dog fights with the F22.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I think the F22 is superior to all other currently fighters because of it´s unique stealth and radar capabilities.

Here´s a www.ausairpower.net... about the F22 vs other fighters.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Here is my beleif....

(1) F-22A (stealth, 20 degree 2d thrust vectoring, 1.75 Mach supercruise)
(2) SU-37 (canards, 15 degree 2d thrust vectoring, speed)
(3) Eurofighter (canards, speed)

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

um sorry, but the f-22 and eurofighter have never faced off in a mock engagement. your research is faulty.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

that's not possible. the eurofighter typhoon does not have the capabilities of the f-22. Simply looking at the design of the aircraft will tell you that. What avionics does the eurofighter have? Do they match those of the US? Does the US lead the world for nothing? Let's face it, europe does not have the money the U.S. has, and they don't have the same people we do (or do they?)
All in all, no mattter what type of aircraft you have, if you export it to Israel, the Israelis will make it better, hands down. If you don't believe me, that's your red wagon, not mine. They made the F-15 even better. That's why it has such a great success rate.
And clearly, you have not seen all the moving surfaces of the F-22; otherwise, you would not be saying the things you do.
The match-up is between the f-22 and the SU-37. In a dogfight, I would say it might be an even match. I'm not going to say the su-37 would win b/c of canards. The f-22 can already make up for that. And that's what the public knows. thrust-vector for thrust-vector. But, in BVR showdowns, any foes are down. And that includes any Brits, too. Radar is radar, no matter what system you use.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The su-47 and the f 22 are both extremely advanced aircraft. However, the f22 would win in a dogfight. It can carry more weapons. It has multiple internal launch bays, as well as four underwriting stores for further advantage.
Also, it's not always the plane that counts. A great deal of the dogfight's outcome would be determined by the individuals piloting the aircraft. The plane definitely makes up a decent amount of the outcome, but it's mainly up to the pilot. For example, if you were flying an f5e tiger II, and the enemy was piloting an su-47 or an f22, surely your odds of survival aren't very large. But if the two planes' capabilities are similar, then the outcome relies on the pilot.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
well in a close dogfight it has to be the sukhoi dont forget russians Su37 pilot asked for a friendly dog fight against the F22 to which the US didnt accept the challenge these was actualy said in discovery channels as the most capable aircraft in a dogfight,offcourse those kind of engagements these days are rare since its BVR combat,the f22 radors which is still superior and stealth makes it even harder to engage against a F22.but since the title says as in a dogfight the SU 37 has the advantage,the su47 berkut is even more capable in a dog fight

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I have actually worked for the military (in a civilian capacity) and have been party to exercises over the north sea ranges. Although this is quite old news. The dogfights consisted of Tornado ADVs vs F15s and although the f15 was a considerably younger aircraft it was beaten hands down by the Tornado.

This goes to show it is not just the aircraft but the pilot that needs to be considered!

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I am an expert in aviation. i can tell you for a fact that the f 22 raptor is better but is not faster and its not fast enught to cath up to the u 35,39,47,and 52. strait up the su 35 would win and kill the f22 raptor and the has more gun fire.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
i not so sure but my guess will f-22 the eurofigther is no match for the
su-37 alot less for the f-22 thats what i think.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
First off the bacarat su47 is not a producyion aircraft its and experimental plane that is designed on outdated technology the us also had a foward swept wing fighter they stop using decades ago the x-29 look it up.

The only real (existing in actuality) top fighrtes today are the f-22, euro and a late model su series NOT the foward swept wing protoype! which is a copy of the decades old x-29! Which russia built of and old suko fighter.and will not build!

The euro does not have thrust vectioring does not have electronicly scanned radar, nor a desent supercruise ability or ANY stealth!

The f-22 has all this and is more agile than the eurofighter!

These are all FACTS

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
F-22. they are the most advanced plane in production in the world, capable of outrunning a missle. They can also bomb the crap out of any ground target, and be half a mile away by the time you hear it.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Lest we forget that those Russian Aces were flying american made P-39 Aerocobras :-P in Low level mountain engagements... a theatre where the P-39 performed like a dream and most other frontline fighters of the war performed poorly.

In "a dogfight", IE the standardized conditions horsehockey statisticians love, an ME-109, FW-190, P-51, ASM-1, F6f.... pretty much ANY fighter from WWII would have spanked the pants off the P-39. P-39's do not perform well at high altitude where these "dogfights" are staged given to a lack of turbo/supercharging on their engines. But the Allison is a monster down low where the atmosphere is thick... and this is where the Russians baited the poor unwitting german pilots, and then tore them to pieces.

So just remember that before you start quoting statistics and citing "mock engagements."

If i were to weigh in, I would put my money on a 22. I'm sorry, maneuverability is a very nice thing, but the 22's radar tends not to set off RWR's, and as previously stated, the 120's dont even need a hot lock to fire. They'll only light their radars up for terminal manuevers, and at that point you have to out-manuever a missile streak in on a ballistic path doing about mach 6. Not bloodly likely. The majority of Anti-Air missiles that are 'dodge' are A) heat seekers, B) old style AIM-7 Sparrows which require a cosntant lock from their parent aircraft and C) engage during the boost phase of the missile flight.

The 22 will stay out of enemy range, and can outrun either fighter if nessary, and the person who claims you can track stealth aircraft is lying out their butt. Iraq didnt field "3rd world" radar systems on their AAA and SAMs during either the Gulf War or the more recent Iraq war. Iraq was not a "3rd world country" as people believe, and in all engagements they never saw either the B-2 or F-117's. Usually the AAA didnt light up until something blew up :-P. The F-117 lost in Kosovo suffered a "Lucky Shot". It happens.

Aquiring the 22 will be a challenge the 22 wont have to face aquiring either fighter. And if the 22 is forced to close to gunnery range, then the mission planner/squadron leader messed up big time, and in that case, as the above snippet of history from WWII shows, it's all down to the guts, skill, and luck of the pilots.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The Eurofighter would be the first to die. Its mobility does not compare with the F-22 or the SU-37. Both of those planes are MUCH faster than the EF-2000.

Between the F-22 and SU-37......the SU-37 would eventually win because it is a bit faster than the F-22.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spidy

In computer games? F-22 is superior in almost every aspect, only it doesn't have JHMCS as it doesn't need it; it's designed to kill BVR.

[edit on 11/12/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ok fine, i thought maybe the SU-37 would have a SLIGHT edge but when it comes down to it, both the SU-37 and the F-22 are AMAZING it would be an equal match, i couldn't really pick one, i was just being an SU-37 fan when i posted my first theory

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If the plane your flying cannot detect whats out there what are you shooting at? With its range and speed capabilities the F22 wins.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerat

With trials what craft would be the best? lol

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I say lets even the odds a bit. lets take the long range missles out of the equations and back up support. Just Guns and radar. Maybe some side winders but thats it. Then I guess then we'll really know or maybe we'll go to war with Russia and find out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join