It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Conspiracy Theory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I guess my post/question could be placed here, though its a generalization so any CT based forum would work.

I was sat watching that great 'Mystery of the Urinal Deuce' Southpark episode and started to muse on Conspiracy Theory in general.

Everyday we ask people to remain open minded and 'deny ignorance' at the possibility of Conspiracy in all walks of life because we are so darned sure that its out there.

But, there is always a But.

What if there is no conspiracy in the world today. What if everything that we are told about everything from 9/11 to Aliens to Religious issues is as the people 'in the know' have told us?
What if 9/11 was Al-Qaeda with no relation to the Gov't? What if the Leaders of the world are telling the truth that they don't have evidence of Alien life visiting our planet, let alone Alien life out there?

What would this mean to you?
What would your life be like if everything that you believed now was the lie and that the truth we are told is in deed 'The Truth'?

I wonder if people can have this discussion who believe totally in at least one conspiracy. Remember, you ask people to believe what you say is true, so for one moment you be in their shoes, you have an open mind to the possibility all Conspiracy is bullcrap.

Thank You

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I don't see that changing anything in the world of conspiracy theory. Because if you think about it, there is no way to absolutely prove anything. A true conspiracy theorist will always believe that "they" are behind any source of information.

All the news outlets are carrying a story? The MSM is controlled by "them".

10,000 people testify as to the truthfulnes of an experience? "They" have the global resources to pay off or otherwise control the masses.

Jesus Christ Himself appears in the sky and proclaims the Second Coming? "Project Blue Beam" has been created by "them" to usher in the NWO.

And so on. So no, I don't believe any circumstance will imperil the ideas that drive ATS.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
I don't see that changing anything in the world of conspiracy theory. Because if you think about it, there is no way to absolutely prove anything. A true conspiracy theorist will always believe that "they" are behind any source of information.

Is it REALLY that impossible to, for one moment, to think like that.
I find it very arrogant of the Conspiracy Theory community to harp on about everyone keeping an open mind yet they themselves show they can't do the same.

The basis of this thread is simple.
PRETEND that everything we are told is fact, what would that mean to you.

I really understand why people are reluctant to to believe Conspiracy Theorists and even mock/ridicule us because the same is done to 'Sheeple'.

How on Earth can anyone here ask someone to have an open mind at a possibility if they aren't willing to try and see things from another angle just for a few minutes.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JebusSaves
I guess my post/question could be placed here, though its a generalization so any CT based forum would work.

I was sat watching that great 'Mystery of the Urinal Deuce' Southpark episode and started to muse on Conspiracy Theory in general.

Everyday we ask people to remain open minded and 'deny ignorance' at the possibility of Conspiracy in all walks of life because we are so darned sure that its out there.

But, there is always a But.

What if there is no conspiracy in the world today. What if everything that we are told about everything from 9/11 to Aliens to Religious issues is as the people 'in the know' have told us?
What if 9/11 was Al-Qaeda with no relation to the Gov't? What if the Leaders of the world are telling the truth that they don't have evidence of Alien life visiting our planet, let alone Alien life out there?

What would your life be like if everything that you believed now was the lie and that the truth we are told is in deed 'The Truth'?

I wonder if people can have this discussion who believe totally in at least one conspiracy. Remember, you ask people to believe what you say is true, so for one moment you be in their shoes, you have an open mind to the possibility all Conspiracy is bullcrap.

Thank You

Now that's an open mind.

You may be right/wrong? Who knows?

Many here and other places, will NOT consider the alternative.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I'll be honest; I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

Although I get a perverse pleasure from finding government wierdness, it doesn't really make me happy. But I really don't know how to think any other way; I'm a child of this world, it's just my M.O.

I guess that makes me a cynic.

I have no doubt al-Quada was involved in 9/11, though I honestly believe there were outside (or inside, however you look at it) components as well.

As to the aliens...that's not a subject I'm real hung up on, but it would be a thrill to know, for sure, one way or another.

Guess that depends on what you believe now.

Seriously, I honestly don't think I would know how to operate in a perfectly truthful world. From the moment I wake up, the general BS that stinks up the planet is on my mind, from my own personal problems to grander things, from translating the spin on this to finding the truth in that.

I'll tell you what; when I die and end up in heaven, it's gonna be a trip.

Good thread dude(tte).

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Once someone is lead to believe something so controversial such as a conspiracy theory, it's hard to convince them otherwise. Especially when they use said theory to push their agenda.

If CT'ers actually looked into the evidence countering their theories, they'd see how wrong they were. Funny how 'truth seekers' and 'open minded researchers' always look at one side of the story. Alex Jones and Dylan Avery BOTH claim not to have looked at arguments opposing their theories. They claim it would be a 'waste of time'.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

If that were true, life would be boring as hell and we would all grow fleece over night...

Especially that Christian "Truth" about Heaven, where you spend eternity floating on clouds playing a harp. Don't believe that? Show me where "those in the know" tell any different?

As I said boring...

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jofomu

Now that's an open mind.

You may be right/wrong? Who knows?

Many here and other places, will NOT consider the alternative.

Its funny though... this works both ways... those that accept the "official version" are just as unwilling to consider, even for one moment that there MIGHT be a conspiracy... but with one very important differance...

Conspiracy Theorists are just that... theorists... with theories, not facts

while those that claim the "official version" usually say, well no, shout and brow beat people claiming their version is FACT and we are to blind to see...

I am a theorist, but in the light of new evidence, I am willing to accept I may be wrong. I have yet to hear such an admission from any who believe the government dogma...

Hope you are keeping your fleece trimmed, because your shepherd will come and fleece you any day now.

:shk:

Tweety said it all.... "Hippotwits"

[edit on 14-10-2006 by zorgon]

new topics

top topics

join