It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The term "CTer" Should be Banned from the 9/11 Forum.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by please_takemyrights
Who gives a flyin' flip?

I have theories about conspiracies.. so I'm a CTer..

Ouch, that really hurt to say.

Banning a term or word or expression is only asking for trouble. If someone deliberatly and obviously attacks another member, then action should be taken. But banning a word which COULD be used for bad is not the solution.

This is like gun control.. I belive guns CAN be used for bad, but also for self defense.. but just because they CAN be used for bad, I do not think we should ban guns. "CTer" CAN be used in a negative fashion, but not always.

Sincerely,

please "I'm a CTer" takemyrights

Like I said... I am fine with it if I can call others "Brainwased Sheeple", or "Media Zombies" or just "retarded".

Fits with your logic right?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I hate sheeple. And it's been around a lot longer than CTer. So, lets make it a double blow for generalisation, and ban both CTer and sheeple. Course, this will reduce some people's posting by about 80%...

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Most of the game forums I visit banned the term Fanboy as a form of name calling and rightfully so. Posters tend to use terms like fanboy, CT’er and Sheeple in place of an actual critical thought. They think if they can insult the other side by name-calling then they can win the debate without even discussing the subject matter. It is also a way to bait others into further negative reaction for the purpose of disrupting the thread. All of which is bad for ATS.

[edit on 12-10-2006 by zerotime]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
Most of the game forums I visit banned the term Fanboy as a form of name calling and rightfully so. Posters tend to use terms like fanboy, CT’er and Sheeple in place of an actually critical thought. They think if they can insult the other side by name-calling then they can win the debate without even discussing the subject matter. It is also a way to bait others into further negative reaction for the purpose of disrupting the thread. All of which is bad for ATS.

I wish my original post had been entered so well written. I need to type more words or this will be one line and that is against ATS rules.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slap Nuts
They are both innacurate stereotypes for users like:

ME, BSBRAY11, VALHALL, GRIFF, LABTOP, 2PacSade, TONE32...

Let me call the alternative story believers with whom I do not agree "Brainwashed Retards" and I will drop the subject.

Slap Nuts,

As SO has stated, and as I will attempt to reiterate, it's only effective if you allow it to "get under your skin".

Seriously, I see it as nothing more than an synonym/abbreviation for "Conspiracy Theorist".

What really surprises me is that no one has mentioned it's True correlation with the term "CRITICAL THINKER",
which we are all guilty of. No?

... and damned proud of it, apparently.

? Otherwise, why are we here ?

For me, being referred to as a CT-er, Conspiracy Theorist or CRITICAL THINKER is Not an issue, regardless of How it's dressed.

I expect such, as changing one's views can be rather painful at times.

In the end,
I see it as failure on behalf of the detractor, when they resort to using such in a derogatory manner.

$.02
Hope you can make sense of this.

[edit on 10/12/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
What's W ?

This is EXACTLY what is wrong with you posting in opposition to me in the 9/11 forum... you believe John LEar but are unaware that our SITTING PRESIDENT in the UNITED STATES is VERY COMMONLY referred to as W?

Come on man.

No, i was defending open mindedness and i will always do so.

About this W maybe i know about it under a different interpretation, care to tell me what it is insted of being rude?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
As SO has stated, and as I will attempt to reiterate, it's only effective if you allow it to "get under your skin".

So, can I use the terms SHEEPLE, MEDIA ZOMBIE, GOVT CRONIE and DAer without being "warned" or not?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

What's W ?

This is EXACTLY what is wrong with you posting in opposition to me in the 9/11 forum... you believe John LEar but are unaware that our SITTING PRESIDENT in the UNITED STATES is VERY COMMONLY referred to as W?

Come on man.

Oh lol so you guys call your president W short for Goerge W Bush?

Well of course i don't know that im not even from usa.

About bush being an alien well where is the proof that he is and where is the proof that he is not?

A lot of people use this saying on ats,

People once thought that the earth was flat and rediculed those who thought otherwize.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

About this W maybe i know about it under a different interpretation, care to tell me what it is insted of being rude?

Either you are patronizing me or you need to do a LOT of reading and attend school.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Finally, how is Snoopy not on warn for telling me to "grow some balls"... This is clearly against ATS policy and I have been DOUBLE WARNED for far less. As a possible female or unic I find this to be HIGHLY insulting.

Why the double standard?

[edit on 12-10-2006 by Slap Nuts]

That's not offensive. It's just a term for saying to toughen up. It's not against policy. Ones sexualality has no relevance, If this is offensive to you, then your Login Name would be deemed just as offensive.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Either you are patronizing me or you need to do a LOT of reading and attend school.

You reply to that by being rude again?

Not everyone in the world cares about bush you know, you come on here and you complain about acronymes being used and yet when i ask you what W means you insult me?

I didn't know W was short for bush because im not even from usa and even if i was in usa i would not consider that fool my president.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
CT is not another term for "tin foil hat brigade". Thats an absurd and unfounded claim. If this is what you think, then the problem is you, not the people using the word. I will once again post the meaning of the term:

A conspiracy theory attempts to explain the ultimate cause of an event (usually a political, social, or historical event) as a secret, and often deceptive, plot by a covert alliance of powerful people or organizations rather than as an overt activity or as natural occurrence. Researchers who advocate the conspiratorial view claim that most major events in history have been dominated by conspirators who manipulate political happenings from behind the scenes.

Now as for your claims about lumping groups together, then you need top ban the words liberal, conservative, democrat, republican, zionist, and about 1000 other names. This again is simply an attempt to silence people with opposing views. I asked before and asked again, what term should be used in place of Conspiracy Theorist?

And if the board had to ban every legitimate non-offiensive word that offended each member, then there would be nothing left to type. And remember, no one can offend you, you can only chose to be ofended.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Please everyone lets treat others in the same manner as we would like to be treated. Lets stop attacking and discuss this like civilized members of this community. I know we can do better.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

A reminder, here.

As selfless has clarified,
Not All members are part of Your world, or perception thereof. ATS consists of a Global membership who may not be up-to-par, with regards to Individual perceptions of supposed common phraseology.

.... beyond your horizons lie many more ...

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
wow Slap, you have some deeper issues if you are this upset by it. I suggest therapy.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm all for banning those too snoopy. lol I hate labels. What can I say. CTer's has been used negatively every time I've seen it used. But then again, these days so has liberals, conservatives and zionists.

Off with their heads.

P.S. Somebody needs to lighten up - the guy said he wasn't from the U.S. If I wasn't from the U.S. I assure you I wouldn't give a shnizzle what the U.S. called Bush. Some times I wonder if I do even now.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopy
That's not offensive. It's just a term for saying to toughen up. It's not against policy. Ones sexualality has no relevance, If this is offensive to you, then your Login Name would be deemed just as offensive.

You do not get to choose what offends others. That is called arrogance.

My login name is a reference to surviving testicular cancer minus some of my manhood GLAD YOU HAD ME ANNOUNCE THAT?... it is SENSE OF HUMOR, so as you can CLEARLY SEE.... telling me to GROW A PAIR is not only rude but down right dispicable.

Your posts here age generally SO USELESS, FACTLESS, BASELESS, UNRESEARCHED, SPOONFED, UNEDUCATED, DRIVEL FILLED, BACKHANDED INSULTS that I fail to realize how you even get a rise out of me.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jab712
wow Slap, you have some deeper issues if you are this upset by it. I suggest therapy.

Yet another backhanded insult.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Enough already, all of you! :shk:

Thread is closed!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join