It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the war on terror lead to WW3?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForceOfWill
I think that the war on terror will only be a small factor that will start WWIII.I still believe that the main reason behind WWIII will be a confontation between the U.S and China(over Eurasia control of natural ressources and on the Taiwan issue).It has been said for many years that a clash between these 2 titans is going to be inevitable in the futur and that the result will affect everyone on the planet.

When you add the EU and Russia to that little mess then we'd be heading towards apocalypse.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
WHY THE # DO MOST PEOPLE THINK THAT WW3 IS THE USE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS AND THE END OF THE WORLD?

wwIII could be a conventional war between The US and china, or the US and russia. it has nothing to do with nukes. nothing at all. and you are just ignorent if you think the opposite

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Well I think that if we have a world war three the war on terroor will lead to it. For one reason, the war on terror will never be over as long as there is religion. I am not saying religion is wrong or right, but religion is what causes these problems. Well other than the fact that humans tend to form groups with different oppinions in all things, and then try to kill the other groups with different oppinions. That is neither here nor there. The war on terror will lead to WW# because it will never be over.

hey christains dont smash airplanes into buildings

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
WHY THE # DO MOST PEOPLE THINK THAT WW3 IS THE USE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS AND THE END OF THE WORLD?

wwIII could be a conventional war between The US and china, or the US and russia. it has nothing to do with nukes. nothing at all. and you are just ignorent if you think the opposite

Believe me that if one of these wars ever occur and the losing nation is on the brink of destruction , they probably wouldnt hesitate to use a nuke.Russia and China both stated that they would use anything at their disposition , including nukes , if the survival of their nation was threatened.Im not saying that WWIII would bring the end of the world(while it eventually could if it degenerate too much) Im just saying that there are still many nukes that exist in the world and the law of probablity make that one of them will eventually be used one day.WWIII would be the logical occasion for that to happen.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Well I think that if we have a world war three the war on terroor will lead to it. For one reason, the war on terror will never be over as long as there is religion. I am not saying religion is wrong or right, but religion is what causes these problems. Well other than the fact that humans tend to form groups with different oppinions in all things, and then try to kill the other groups with different oppinions. That is neither here nor there. The war on terror will lead to WW# because it will never be over.

hey christains dont smash airplanes into buildings

Nah, they prefer lobbing molotov cocktails into abortion clinics and killing doctors who perform them.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Believe me that if one of these wars ever occur and the losing nation is on the brink of destruction , they probably wouldnt hesitate to use a nuke.Russia and China both stated that they would use anything at their disposition , including nukes , if the survival of their nation was threatened.Im not saying that WWIII would bring the end of the world(while it eventually could if it degenerate too much) Im just saying that there are still many nukes that exist in the world and the law of probablity make that one of them will eventually be used one day.WWIII would be the logical occasion for that to happen.

for the survival of their nation? im pretty sure they would sign a peace treaty before they give the order to fire ther own missles and sign the death warent of their own country. you forget that the US could wipe out the world 5 times over with the push of a button. and if we're nuked by terrorist we're sure as hell not going to declare all out nuclear war if we dont know what the # to shoot at. you need alittle more education in nuclear poloicy my friend. i mean that as no insult.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   

for the survival of their nation? im pretty sure they would sign a peace treaty before they give the order to fire ther own missles and sign the death warent of their own country. you forget that the US could wipe out the world 5 times over with the push of a button. and if we're nuked by terrorist we're sure as hell not going to declare all out nuclear war if we dont know what the # to shoot at. you need alittle more education in nuclear poloicy my friend. i mean that as no insult.

Nuclear policies wouldnt mean anything in an all out global war.True , there is the possibility that the loser side could sign a peace treaty but the use of nukes is still a real danger.All of these countries dont keep nukes for anything , they know that its the best detterent that exist against a military threat right now. You are too confident that no one will ever use them.In this age of preemptive strikes, where every countries is becoming more an more paranoid , nothing is impossible.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Gentlemen and Ladies,
I recommend a great book entitled:
"No More Vietnams" by Richard Nixon.

Mr. Nixon asserts that WWIII was the conflict involving the Western world against the spread of Communism.
In such, you guys and gals are speaking of a hypothetical WW4.......

WHats even more prophetic about this book is that Mr. Nixon decribes and gives scenerio's related to the events of today and terrorism.
A very good read nonetheless....

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 03:54 AM
link   
"WHY THE frock DO MOST PEOPLE THINK THAT WW3 IS THE USE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS AND THE END OF THE WORLD?"

when most people hear "world war 3", they think nuclear weapons.
i doubt v.much it will be all out nuclear war.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Cant you say that the terrorist is one side and most countries are on the other? Then it could be call WWIII. I dont think we will have a WW in the same kind of way that we used to have. Especially now that you can attack any country you want and then blame that they are terrorists. Its just a matter of time before North Korea attacks the south and say its self defense.
Kina attacks Taiwan.
US attacks Syria.
India attacks Pakistan
France attack Algeria
Greece attacks Turky
And on and on and on....Cant you call that WWIII

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   
"Especially now that you can attack any country you want and then blame that they are terrorists"

that only applies to the US....

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by straterx
But WHO IS Doing The Attacking ??

"Those who rule from the shadows. They care not for one nation or the other. "

What ? thats your answer..thats B S ..the correct answer is ......Islamic Fundamentalists

IS BEING PASSIVE GOING TO STOP THE VIOLENCE ?

"So willing to kill those you are TOLD to kill? Those you wish to kill are TOLD to kill you, too, valiant warrior. Perhaps we should first stop hating. "

No one tells me what to do or think .. Im willing to kill Those who attack me. regardless of
Who or What they Are! ....And I dont hate them or you

I dont tell the children every day
You Must Kill ALL ISLAMS ... They Are SaTAN !

"Evil runs in every race. "

No Kidding But unlike you ............Im willing to confront it !

Why Dont You Get A Grip On Reality

"What proof has anyone seen concerning those responsible for 9-11? NONE"

Im Shure its NOT a conspiracy... Islamic Fundamentalist
Are really our friends ...they prove that every day ...
their coming over for Pork ribs and Beer later on

And what would your field of battle be, Straterx?

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Think of this....If US next attack Syria, US will win the war. Syria can say that US is terrorists and attack them and the only way to attack US will be "terrorism" on american targets around the world...then Syria is " defending" themselfs as a part on their so called war on terrorism...and then its not really terror is it? Its a war on terrorism but this time against US or whoever attacks them!!!
US cant have copyrights on " war on terrorism"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join