It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Snowing In The Middle Of October!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Okay, so I was sitting here at my computer and I take a look out the window, and it's snowing!
It the middle of October and we already got snow. Haha! For a minute or to it was snowing pretty hard to. Ahhh, snow in October.....

But yet again I live in Canada so what do you expect

-tts

[edit: Typo. Whoops.]

[edit on 12-10-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I live in London, Ontario. It's the middle of October when the autumn leaves are supposed to be at their most colorful. So I look out my window and, lo and behold, what do I see? SNOW.

The weather service had predicted rain with a possibility of snow flurries. All I can say is that what is taking place right outside of my window -- right now -- has to be a Guiness record ; The largest, fluffiest, biggest snow flurry of all time. It's snowing so hard right now that I can barely see the house right across the street!

Yeah, I know, this is Canada but, hey, it also happens to be October. Frankly, I can't remember a time when it has "flurried" this hard, this early. Does this portend a "hard winter"?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I live in southern Ontario. It stopped snowing then started again. It really snowed hard the second time. And it was quite windy as well.

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Frankly, I can't remember a time when it has "flurried" this hard, this early. Does this portend a "hard winter"?

I remember one Halloween it snowed. But I also can't remember it snowing this early and hard.

I heard it was going to be a mild winter. But hey, who knows.

-tts

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The "flurries" have stopped, the winds have subsided but it feels like Winter has set right in. Everyone in SouthWest Ontario knows that Autumn weather can be unpredictable and today was no different. But, to be honest, I've never seen such "determined" flurries outside of lake effect snow very often and, frankly, it's unheard of this early in the season.

I guess it's time to dig out the parka and the snow boots from the back of the closet. It's probably a good reminder to check out the winter gear as well. God I hate Winter.
All I can say is that I'm so glad to be heading South this weekend for a cruise!

tyrant's in the Caribbean

[edit on 10/12/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

top topics

join