It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TAPS New Season

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This show has fast become one of my favorites. I've been waiting all summer for Ghost Hunters. What do you think of last nights show in Tombstone?
What do you make of the cord coming off of the bell by itself? Pretty wild if you ask me.
Too bad they didn't catch that full body apparition on camera huh?

Does anybody think they are staging this stuff?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I love the show. Havent watched last nights episode yet, but recorded it.

They catch alot of good stuff. I think it's real

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I have been following the Ghost Hunters for quite a few seasons now and I would like to believe that what they present are facts and not staged. With all the exposure that they have and all the scrutiny that they probably recieve, I bet it would not be in their interest to stage anything as that would be too damaging for them. I really liked the season ending light house episode last year. So I do believe that they are presenting their honest finds!!

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The Tombstone show was good. I think the sound of that 'ball dropping and bouncing' was someone tossing something on the roof during filming. A local person perhaps ...

As far as staging goes ....

- the ghost the filmed at the Penetentary in Philly was an absolute fake. You could see the pants and the sneakers under the black blanket as the guy ran down the hall.

- the 3 foot high 'ghost' that ran behind the pool table in that one episode was a bad fake as well. It was filmed down south somewhere ... don't know where.

- in the early episode where they are in an old theatre and Brian 'discovers' a chair in the middle of the hallway that wasn't there previously ... FAKE and planted by Brian IMHO

- the Queen Mary bed unmaking itself was a fake - caught by Tango.

I don't think the TAPS people are faking them. I think others are faking them and they were ready to accept those (that I mentioned) as real.

HOWEVER -

The Battleship in North Carolina .. GREAT SHOW and I think it was all real.
The St. Augustine Light House ... BEST SHOW and I think it was all real.
The Tombstone Show ... great show. I think all was real except the sound like a pingpong ball on the roof. I think locals were playing tricks.

Looking forward to the OK Corral next week.

I was VERY please to see that there was no Brian drama. I checked the TAPS website and discovered that Brian has a new girlfriend and they are expecting a baby. (or they already had a baby .. not sure).

It was all ghost hunting and no Brian drama. Thank goodness.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I agree, when I heard the ball bouncing and rolling, that's the first thing I thought was "that's someone throwing a ball on the rooftop from outside, screwing around". They were pretty quick to acknowledge that possiblity themselves.

I also agree that to get caught staging something would pretty much ruin this show. They've got a good thing going, and it would all end with that.

And the whole Brian thing, the dude cracks me up, he's such a goof sometimes, but I like that he's there. Makes me laugh seeing his facial expressions and responses when he thinks he's heard or seen something.

If I was one of them I think I'd hold the camera over my shoulder when going down staircases or down hallways. You know how you always feel like that's when something is behind you?

[edit on 12-10-2006 by livenlearn]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I personally LOVE ghost hunters, and now that i think of it the whole ball noise thing was probably a local, but the whole EVP with the music? That was some interesting stuff, I've never heard of a musical EVP.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have gotten an EVP with water running and water splashing on it. I left my recorder on a table in a hall outside a bathroom. No one was in taking a shower or anything, but that's what I got on the EVP

(and a voice saying 'he wants you to ...' )

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I am not sure if an of this is staged, but I do enjoy watching Brian. He's such a Giligan. And, I am so happy they got rid of that creepy Andy dude. He was such a little punk and made me want to quit watching. Glad Bri made it back last year!

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   
My favorite one so far has been the light house. A shadow-person caught on film. w00t! The Stanley Hotel one was pretty awesome as well when whatever it was came out of the closet and you heard his glass break right on his night stand like some one had just squeezed it until it broke...and then you see the closet door close again. HOLY MOLY SAPPHIRE!

The Tombstone bar one this past week was good. And I can't wait to see the OK Corral one.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
As far as staging goes ....
- the ghost the filmed at the Penetentary in Philly was an absolute fake. You could see the pants and the sneakers under the black blanket as the guy ran down the hall.

Why does the appearance of pants or sneakers mean it's a fake. Isn't that something you wear in prison? Also, how could someone 3 feet high run at super speeds like that? If it's a fake, it's not just some guy running in a cloak.

By the way I loved that show and here's that clip:
Eastern State Penitentiary

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I hate how this show is on at the same time as LOST.

I know I can always watch it two hours later, but I have class early on Thursday.

I hate having to choose between my two favorite shows.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I just watched Ep 1 Season 3. I have to admit that the whole show I was picturing the old cowboy tour guide sneaking around making all the noise until Jason and Grant discribed a woman apparition. I was sure they were going to say they saw a guy in a cowboy hat. So I don't know. I watched the rope coming off the bell footage a few times and I still can't see where it comes off the bell. Maybe I'm tired?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mezzanine
I hate how this show is on at the same time as LOST.

I know I can always watch it two hours later, but I have class early on Thursday.

I hate having to choose between my two favorite shows.

I'm with ya on that one. These are my 2 favorite shows and I don't have anyway to record one while watching the other at the moment. I might have to watch Lost and try and catch Ghost Hunters on the repeat. Which sucks because I look forward all week to it.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by librasleep
I just watched Ep 1 Season 3. I have to admit that the whole show I was picturing the old cowboy tour guide sneaking around making all the noise until Jason and Grant discribed a woman apparition. I was sure they were going to say they saw a guy in a cowboy hat. So I don't know. I watched the rope coming off the bell footage a few times and I still can't see where it comes off the bell. Maybe I'm tired?

It's really hard to see in the footage, but just knowing that the cord could not come off by itself because of the way it's actually hooked behind the bell, makes you realize it couldn't be by chance. Something lifted it up and off the bell.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ok, episode 2 last night. The bed sheets, hmmm. I like to think they wouldn't jeopardize the show by faking something, and I really hope they're not because I dig the show. But, something looked fishy about the bed sheet being pulled back over Grant's foot. It looked definately "pulled" to me, not lifted off and over his foot. It was pulled straight back from a low angle wasn't it? What do you think?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'm actually going to met those guys next Saturday.

Should be real cool

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I too will be meeting Jason and Grant in early Nov at the Stanley Hotel no less.
I'm excited can't stand myself.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
That is cool. Tell them to tell Sci-fi to kick down whatever amount of coin it would take to get in the Amityville house. That would be a blockbuster.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
I too will be meeting Jason and Grant in early Nov at the Stanley Hotel no less.
I'm excited can't stand myself.

Cool!

Jason, Grant, Steve Gonsalves and David Tango are the ones I will see at the Chiller Theater

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Excellent Enjoie!
You will have to let us know how it goes.
Are you investigating?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join