It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are bad people destined to be 'bad' people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
okay question here, are bad people (ie:- the ted bundys/fred & rose wests of the world) always destined to be 'evil' from birth with them powerless to prevent it?

reason i ask, because some aspects of my life is always 'negative' i'm no ted bundy but when ever i try to do 'good', things always kick me twice as hard and it end up bad for me.

therefore i'm wondering if i'm always 'destined' to have bad karma, what are your views on this?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
No you are not destined to always have bad karma!!

What is happening now, is that you are being tested to see if you are strong and worthy of LOVE. The fact that you are even asking the question shows you are worthy and soon the bounty of the universe will be revealed to you in all its glory.

And to answer the question "are there evil people, that are born that way" ?

Yes, but you are not one of them!!

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I agree and disagree with whaaa. No you are not destined to have bad karma. nor are you being tested to see if you are strong enough to love. I wouldn't expect a perfect understanding of the universe any time soon either. Their are no people "destined to be evil" there are simply some people raised around very mean people such as saddams' children.

what is happening to you right now is nothing, nothing is happeing to you and nothing is wrong with you. there are always going to be negative aspects of your life, that doesn't mean they are always destined to be so. if you do something good and then something bad happens it doesn't mean that the two are connected.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by daedalas]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o
okay question here, are bad people (ie:- the ted bundys/fred & rose wests of the world) always destined to be 'evil' from birth with them powerless to prevent it?

i believe our instincts may be faulty. i believe we may have "bad" dna.

we have an instinct of "self pre-serve" encoded into our genetic make-up, into our dna, and in every cell within our body.

but what does "self pre-serve" mean?

self means self.
pre means before.
serve means to serve, to help, to aid, etc. . .

so, essentially everyone is born with every cell of their body telling them that they are:
"ME before i serve, help, aid, anyone or anything"

many philosophies, many religions, many tools, exist to offer people a way to combat their dysfunctional dna.

but not everyone cares for the teachings of people from thousands of years ago.

and most people want to do things on their own, not to prove to others all the time, but sometimes because they are still trying to prove themselves to themselves.

reason i ask, because some aspects of my life is always 'negative' i'm no ted bundy but when ever i try to do 'good', things always kick me twice as hard and it end up bad for me.

it will pass. you are merely being tested by "karma", or whatever other label you want to place on it. endure, and it gets a lot better.

therefore i'm wondering if i'm always 'destined' to have bad karma, what are your views on this?

people have a say so in their destiny, if they so choose to.

we do good things why?

do we always do things that are good because our intentions are good?

if a person does a good thing because they were afraid of the consequences, or afraid of the punishment if they had not done a good thing, were their intentions really good?

If a person acts out of fear, were their intentions pure and good?

or were they afraid?

Every messenger from god began their message with:
"Be not AFRAID"

so, again, i ask you honestly what you think.

if a person does a good thing because they were afraid, were their intentions good?

top topics

join