It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everclear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Let me start by saying this was by the far the WORST alcohol I've ever had. Upon drinking it, not only did my body feel like it had been hit by a train, I had the feeling that someone just set a nuclear bomb off in my mouth/throat.

YUCK.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
First time drinking it I'm guessing?

Yeah it'll pretty much kick your ass if you don't start off with only alittle.

I've never really liked it

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
That's absolute (100%, 200 proof) alcohol right?

It can be used like vodka in mixed drinks adjusting for its strength. Unfortunately it's not available in New York State where I live, I think Bacardi 151 is the strongest legally sold.

If everclear is available in your state, you should be happy you have the freedom to buy it, but use it responsibily and in a way that won't make you sick.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Ya Everclear is a pretty mean basterd, it's the biggest of the big. Only the hard drinker's should attack that stuff (when not mixed anyways) But hey, does anyone know how much it cost's?

Ive never gotten a clear answer on that...(in American or Canadian)

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Only the hard drinker's should attack that stuff (when not mixed anyways) But hey, does anyone know how much it cost's?

It is clearly labeled Do Not Drink Straight. it is also marked do not use near
open flames and may cause blindness. The blind part i can attest to. It is the only thing I have ever been blind drunk on.

last I looked it was 95% pure or 190 proof. around here the price is compareable
with Southern Comfort and Crown , 12.00 to 15.00 dollars a bottle.

I make a liqueur with it that will rock your house.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Temporary Blindness as a side effect of anything is a no no in my books. Especially from alcohol.

I can just imagine the cringes after swigging a mouthful of this stuff.

It's actually the first I've heard of it.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Everclear isn't made for taste
Its an attempt at getting alcohol that is pure alcohol. Infact, you can't drink pure alcohol, and you need special techniques to get it to that level (normal distillation itself doesn't work).

Everclear isn't supposed to even approach tasting 'good' anymore than rubbing alcohol is made for taste (and, btw, don't drink rubbing alochol, incase anyone though it should be tasted).

djohnsto77
That's absolute (100%, 200 proof) alcohol right?

Its just under it. You can't drink 200 proof alcohol, you'll damage your throat and gut linings. Even Everclear will probably get into the 'chemical damage' range.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Even know it's legal for me to drink, I don't because I remember a long time ago I made this fun goal in life to never ever drink. I substitute with shirley temples.

top topics

join