It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I'm Thinkin' About Writin' A Book!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I've been a member here for a couple of months now. I usually tend to post on BTS, and generally in the Jokes, Pranks & Puns forum. My main character is the "So I'm Doin' some thinkin'....." guy.
I'm actually thinking of writing a book. When I write, I generally don't really have a topic, I just let my fingers travel over the keyboard and see where it goes.
Is there anybody out there who may have a topic that could be a basic premise that they would like to see/read? I generally like to be humorous, but I also have a penchant for horror as well.
I would love to get some feedback from my fellow ATS'ers!
That way I can do some good thinkin' and stuff........

CX

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
No suggestions for a topic/title but i just wanted to wish you all the best with the book anyway.

My only tip would be....back up your book as you write it immediately! I started a book a few months ago, i wrote it in a plain writing pad and was doing really well with it, at least a few chapters done anyway. However i moved house and i can't find the damn book!:bnghd: It's the only copy and i did'nt get round to putting it onto disc. I'm gutted as i'd got the wording just how i wanted it.

So yeah, make a copy as soon as.

There are tons of great writing forums around the net who are ever so helpfull, no matter what type of book you are thinking of writing.

Best of luck anyway.

CX.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Go for it!! When I was in college, I minored in English with a concentration in fiction writing. One of my biggest regrets is that I didn't follow through on trying to get published. I had a great professor (who was a published author) who pushed me to finally buy the Writer's Market. I sent a few short stories to various magazines, but nothing happened.

Writing ideas - look at your own life and try to pull something from there. Even stories in the horror genre can be pulled from real life. Think of the old house you thought was haunted when you were growing up, or the crazy guy who was always wondering around your neighborhood.

You may have to give each idea a try before you find one that you might be able to make a story out of - but keep going.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hey thanks for the support Dude/Dudettes.
I'll keep you posted, once I figure out what in the heck I want the storyline to be.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Man, lombozo writing a book.....now that's some good thinking. I bet the book will have loads of good thinking and stuff to make one do some good thinking for themselves. Now that is some really good thinking!

Go for it lombozo. I've lmao at many of your posts. You have a wild imagination....let it loose and just write. If you need a critique, just post it here and I'm sure that you will get more than your share of honesty but you will also receive a lot of support.

Go for it.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Go for it lombozo. I've lmao at many of your posts. You have a wild imagination....let it loose and just write. If you need a critique, just post it here and I'm sure that you will get more than your share of honesty but you will also receive a lot of support.

Go for it.

Thank you for the kind words, that's cool. Yep, you bet that there will be lots of some "deep thinkin'"

Stay Cool, and I'll catch you around the board.

lombozo

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Just the first thing that popped into my head after reading your post....
A guy is walking through the woods and happens to spot and catch a leprechaun. But the stories about the leprechauns gold aren't really true and the leprechaun curses the man for one full year to:
Pick one (or more)

A. All of his clothes disapear every time someone says "watermelon".
B. Speak in a very high falsetto voice.
C. Has to speak out loud the word "boogetyboogety" every hour or he will see ghosts.
D. Everything he eats tastes like beer.
E. His farts actually do smell like roses.

If you use any of my ideas, there is no need to give me any credit whatsoever. Just buy yourself a beer, hold it up and say "thanks Beer_Guy", then drink it.

That was fun,,, LOL

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Diversified interests, excellent. Freedom of mind, most cool. Maybe something along the lines of a Grand Unified Conspiracy Theory (bring 'em all in from the cold give 'em a home in your words) written in a double-entendre style to keep one's keester out of the courts... witty and humourous with a deadly serious underlying under-lie-ing (truthful) message...

Best of luck! Wish I had enough life left to do that... "lombo, you are GO for throttle-up", kick down a few doors for me and the ATS'ers eh. The pen IS mightier than the sword.

Victor K.

41'

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I would buy it!

Infact...............I would buy two!

Do it! Now! What the hell are you waiting for? Get on with it! PLEASE! NOW!

...........ahem..................

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
I would buy it!

Infact...............I would buy two!

Do it! Now! What the hell are you waiting for? Get on with it! PLEASE! NOW!

...........ahem..................

Hey Zanzibar,
Thanks for that. I hope I was able to make you smile. My first book will be a comedy, and I'll keep you up to date on the progress.
Thanks again Dude.
Stay Cool, and I'll catch you around the board.
lombozo

CX

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration lombozo, i have been pretty miffed for a while now about losing the first part of my book, so after reading this i decided to get off my arse and start again.

Have remembered most of what i lost, and have even improved on parts too.

Cheers!

CX.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration lombozo, i have been pretty miffed for a while now about losing the first part of my book, so after reading this i decided to get off my arse and start again.

Have remembered most of what i lost, and have even improved on parts too.

Cheers!

CX.

Good for you! With any luck we'll attend one anothers publishing debut!
Stay Cool.
lombozo

top topics

join