It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Christians do you know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
As Half Minded as posted how many Muslims do you know I think it is only fair that we hear the other side of the story. Half seems to want to paint a picture that Muslims are not capable of what their accused of so I fought it would be interesting to flip the penny over.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I konw an awful lot of christians. And none of them wouild blow themselves up or anyone else for that matter. If that is the point you are trying to make.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Most people I know are not religious at all, but their parents are? My generation don't really seem to bothered by religion.

It seems to me that people either don't find the time for religion or think it's all a load of rubbish with all the bad things that are going on in the world.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Exactly, no religion is worth killing yourself or others for and thats what religion is not about. People of other faiths do not threaten to kill if somebody insults them or their religion.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
No?
Jesus Camp

There's a perfectly fine example of a bunch of christian nut jobs who are just as scary as Radicalized Islamics, IMHO.

Bush also happens to be christian.
How many Innocent Iraqis have died for is "Crusade"?
The Tenth Crusade

Anyone who knows anything about religion knows that the word "Crusade" means to Christians the same as what "Jihad" means to Islamics.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
define christian. I know many who profess to be christians, and a few
who actually follow what R. Jeshua taught.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I, as well as my entire family are Christians. I can say from personal experience, that hatred is not taught. In fact hatred is practically condemned. The teachings are to love your neighbor, and to turn the other cheek.

BitRaiser - I would bet that you can find an extremist group of zealotsin any organization that exists, be it religion based or not.

I don't believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that there would be riots, beatings, and threats of killing if anyone drew a cartoon of "Christian God". I don't believe that there would be any Christian unrest if Apple Computer built a store in New York and called it Apple Bethlehem. I don't believe that there would be any Christian Riots, and calling for arrest and death of a Muslim Religous leader who quoted an ancient scripture.

I can't recall in modern times, and again correct me if I'm wrong, any Christian leader organizing the death of all who don't convert to Christianity in the name of Jesus. I'm talking modern times - so keep it in context. I can't imagine Christians cutting off the heads of people while screaming "Jesus Rocks!".

I hold nothing at all against any other religion. Yes, that includes Muslims. In my book, you're either cool, or your not. Not your gender, your sexual preference, your race, nor your religion determine whether you are good enough to be my friend. I am not holier than thou, in fact I have so many faults that I don't know where to start, but I must say that I do not understand the HATE that is taught by many very public Muslim leaders.

Please enlighten me.

Just my two cents.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom

How many Christians do you know

As Half Minded as posted how many Muslims do you know I think it is only fair that we hear the other side of the story. Half seems to want to paint a picture that Muslims are not capable of what their accused of so I fought it would be interesting to flip the penny over.

i know all of them.

as for muslims not being capable???

many are taught to HATE non-muslims before they are even potty trained, before they are even taught to read and write, before they even turn 3. don't believe me? you should get out more, go visit an arab elementry school in the middle east, or hear a muslim holy man cleric preach in a mosque the importants of jihad, and of killing all non-muslims.

but please, don't take my words to mean that i dislike muslims or islam, for i know there is a great deal of truth in their faith.

i only ask that you take there own words and rhetoric and teachings and evaluate what some are saying about all others that are not thinking their way. they say they have no right to exist.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I know a lot of people - of all flavors and colors and tendencies and beliefs.

There are some really unhappy bitter souls in every category you guys might want to choose as boundaries or divisions.

And thankfully these are far fewer than those who are sweet tempered, good-natured, and generous in thought and deed. I love people because of the sweet apples and it makes it easier to love the rotten ones. Birds must eat, too, you know. And God provides for all.

But God doesn't belong to christians - there is no 'christian' god unless it is an idol.
And Allah is not some false diety but the same God that is the only God. Just like the Jewish people have HaShem....

Names don't define God - men don't define God. God created ALL of us! How can any one of us say that another one (no different than us except superficially) is deserving of any ill intention? ESPECIALLY due to spiritual matters?

We all make war upon one another - every man in this world is guilty of some crime against another soul - God isn't going to filter us through some sort of politically correct cafeteria line in order to give an accounting for our time spent on our lessons.

We kill one another because we are envious and fearful we might lose our God to another religion, perhaps? Whatever the nuances are - it is envy and it is a deadly sin - one that is more venomous than even deception. And what a vain waste of wickedness - what would God say?

Why bicker over it? I love you ALL and you are ALL mine - and you love me by killing each other?

Then the trap door opens 'cause you've got to take yet another turn at it to try to get it right through love without piety.

What we should ALL do is literally try to put ourselves in the shoes of our brother - Bedouin, Semite, Polynesian, or WHATEVER....

Think about this, in regard to unwarranted condemnation of those who are Islam:
all of us are products of our society, as well as victims of our own devices...but the first thing that forms our outlook is our childhood years.

Remember the story of Ishmael and Isaac in Genesis - Jews and christians so easily take their spot beside Isaac (and later Jacob) and sneer and point fingers at Ishmael and Esau....

What if that were you? Do you have compassion for the pain of another only if they are of your sort?

What if you lost your dad because he had another child - your only part in it being bad luck - being that you were the son of the handmaid and not the princess? Probably some of you know how this feels - and all of us have thoughtlessly disregarded something of deep importance, in our youth - such as Esau did with his birthright - and have maybe spent all the years since harboring a sadness and a regret.

Those things make for very bitter waters, my friends. Especially when compounded over centuries of generations who have turned a hurt into a teaching and core principle of the mandatory religion of that family. Then, to top it off - those spoiled brat sons are living it up without hardship, hunger, or any lack of luxury whatsoever (maybe not so but it IS the appearance Americans have when seen through the eyes of less 'prosperous' nations.)

Add some good old fashioned conspiracy theory to the mix - what if (and I say WHAT IF because I don't know at this point - it is too late for those who died anyway) a horrible and cruel act of mass murder was carried out far away from your home and YOU were blamed!?!?!? What if it was a set-up and the spoiled brat kids were breaking their toys and blaming you (when you were away at camp?)

That's just one side - the Muslim side - there is much killing done in this world by those who claim exclusive and/or special favors from the God of Abraham (the only God - but Abraham was at least God's friend).

Do you know how many children Abraham had? This whole world is probably related not from Noah but from Abraham!

What excuse do any of us have to scorn or hate or despise our brother?

Literally? Do you think that makes a father love you more? Because you think you are more loveable?

Think again.

I think it stinks and every time I see a thread of this nature I have to bite my tongue back in order not to breath my matron-of-hell-dragon-breath all over the posts!

I'm serious. It is shameful. And you will see that Unity is the salvation of the world and that ALL men means ALL.

Oh yeah, I musn't forget - I've met some pretty bitter athiests, too - although they are rare. I think they are victims of religion, too - primarily christian (from my experience)....

Think about your words.

top topics

join