It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Could God Create a Stone SO BIG that God could not lift it?" I have the answer.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
"....Could God create a stone so heavy that He couldn't lift it....."

i just got tired of this question, so i thought i would offer an answer:

But, God is the rock that is so big, and if all of existance is the rock, then what is there to lift the stone up from?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
A mystery of Life. One word is Infinity that can never be precisely defined, Spiritually or scientifically. We are along for the ride that God has created for us.

There are mysteries that we were never meant to fully understand.

We all should be thankful for the Life God has given to us.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
In my previous days when I was sometimes a pragmatist in my spirituality, I answered this question once as such:

Yes God could create a stone so big even He could not lift it but in His wisdom WOULD NOT.

Flash forward to RIGHT NOW, real time:

WHAT was I thinking????!?!

A rock too big for God to move?

But yet - something God could not create??!?

But what an answer I've found today!

YES. God IS the rock. And did He not say that He does not change - and that the earth would not be moved?

HE DID!

Of the Rock that birthed you - you forget; and you have forgotten God that formed you!
~Deuteronomy 32:18

(Not aiming that at you two guys - I'm just calling to mind that reminder!)

I love both you guys!

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
There are mysteries that we were never meant to fully understand.

But, dear heart, don't you remember what our LORD said?

For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.

No doubt none of us can ferret these things out on our own - God wills and then He gives according to His design.....but it will all be known - in the light of day all things will be revealed in their time in the presence of men.

For this I SING Hosanna to the King of KINGS!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Well here's one for you'se:
Can god kill himself?

G

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
Can god kill himself?

Yes, of course.

If you believe in the belief that God is three persons -- the Trinity -- then God already killed himself once when he allowed Himself -- in His personage of Jesus -- to be nailed to a cross until He was dead.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Can god kill himself?

Yes, of course.

If you believe in the belief that God is three persons -- the Trinity -- then God already killed himself once when he allowed Himself -- in His personage of Jesus -- to be nailed to a cross until He was dead.
What if you dont belief in the trinity? and why just three persons ? why cant god be everyone?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Can god kill himself?

G

god did kill himself.

fortunatley, nothing can cease to exist. and everyone and everything is immortal, whether you remember it or not, consciously.

god permitted himself to be killed. why? because we required the god of truth to comprehend our fear.

can god kill himself?

not without being asked to do so.

furtunatley, nothing can cease to exist.

so, god would merely have amnesia, and not be "dead" with regards to the way you mean it. there is no "death".

death is a conceptualization and manifestation of man's fears. god did not create "death", humanity did.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
can god kill himself?

interesting tidbit about Hebrew/Israel/Jewish traditions.

Avid Jews, Avid Israelis, and Avid Hebrews will not spell out the name of God, as they believe it to be blasphemous.

they will only write out the first letter, most of the time, unless told to do otherwise by god.

so they would refer to god merely as: "g" or "G", in reference to "God".

so let's look at a word:

L A N G U A G E.

now spell it out the way it REALLY SOUNDS:

L A N G W E J

Look at it through a mirror. Why? Because the BIBLE says we are in the dominion of Satan/Devil. And, since we are in hell, everything in hell is opposite that of heaven, right?

L A N G W E J [mirror] J E W G N A L

JEW = JEW
G = GOD or GOD's
NAL = NAIL (*do you pronounce the "i"???)

JEW, God's Nail = LANGWEJ = LANGUAGE

Who is it that is "THE WORD"????

1. Judge not lest thee be judged?

i feel as though the bible judges, even has a book called "judges". so, i hold the bible to it's own accord, and apply the bibles rules to the bible.

just a thought.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Sure, God can make an object that's so heavy he can't lift it on his own. There's even a passage in the Bible to back this up. Whoever thought up this question missed a basic concept of the Bible. Christ's humanity.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Sure, God can make an object that's so heavy he can't lift it on his own. There's even a passage in the Bible to back this up. Whoever thought up this question missed a basic concept of the Bible. Christ's humanity.

www.biblegateway.com...:26&version=9;

but, god did carry the cross. the passage says so. the passage can be taken many ways, all that are true.

one way to look at it, if you feel the "cross" was the stone too heavy to carry, is that god did lift the stone (cross).

but to imply that simon was not god, is to say that god is not omnipotent.

simon was god as well.

so, god did carry the cross.

and god relayed that stone that was to heavy for god, and gave it to god to carry for god.

so, the passage does not say that the cross was too heavy.

"That which you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me."

in other words:

When jesus gave the cross to simon to carry, jesus gave the cross to jesus to carry.

either you believe that, or you are calling jesus a liar.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think you're confused as to what Christianity actually is. You seem to think that God is Omnipotent (all-powerful) yet unable to make humans that are separate and different from himself. I think scripture is quite clear as to what man's role is.

Psalms 8: 4-5
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

Then are we to doubt that God has dominion over and is greater than the angels? Our role is great enough as companions and friends of God, but we are not God. If so then our praises would be nothing more than God patting himself on the back. Yes, the first passage I linked to in Luke says many things.

• Christ was human as well as God
  • People can contribute to Christ's work
  • When we fall in our weakness God provides help

It does not imply that Simon was God in the flesh. You're also stretching Jesus' words when he says "that you do unto me." This passage means it's credited to you as if you did it to him, not that we are actually doing this thing to him directly. If your belief were correct then Christ wouldn't have need to be born. The death of any human would have been good enough to atone for sin since it would have been the death of God.

I don't think you're grasping what symbolism is completely. The Old Testament priest sacrificed animals as a symbol of Christ's future sacrifice. Moses lifted up the serpent on a pole as a symbol of Christ's future execution. That's not to say that it was the same as the actual event. If you have direct deposit payroll, you get a pay-stub. It's not the actual money you earned, it's symbolic of the money you earned. (plus probably a legal requirement)

Now back to the actual subject. The honest answer is that the question is moot because it's an imperfect question much like this one. "Did you tell anyone that you stopped beating your wife?" No answer is correct, unless of course you actually do beat your wife. It's called word play.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You said:

Sure, God can make an object that's so heavy he can't lift it on his own.

And then you support your words with 1 passage from the bible to prove that christ could not lift a cross on his own???

But, he did lift it on his own.

Not once.

Not twice.

But three times.

Once when he began.
Once after he fell the first time.
And again after he fell the second time.

He did lift the cross on his own, 3 times.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I think you're confused as to what Christianity actually is.

you think wrong.

You seem to think that God is Omnipotent (all-powerful) yet unable to make humans that are separate and different from himself. I think scripture is quite clear as to what man's role is.

i do not recall saying that God was unable to make humans that are separate and different from himself. We have free will to be connected with our core thoughts, and/or ignore our own core thoughts. how aware are you of your subconscious mind? How important is it to you? How much do you value knowing your own intentions, your own motivations? What variables are you consciously aware of that affect your actions and behaviors?

you said:

I think scripture is quite clear as to what man's role is.

Psalms 8: 4-5
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

Funny. I thought scripture was clear to what our role was when god created man to nam .... add you silent "e" .... name the beasts and such in a place where they were .. . . . .

nude [mirror edun .. . . . ?? the garden of edun???

Then are we to doubt that God has dominion over and is greater than the angels?

why pick and choose scripture and not accept all of it????

the bible also says we are in satans/lucifers dominion.

Our role is great enough as companions and friends of God, but we are not God. If so then our praises would be nothing more than God patting himself on the back.

if we are not god, and god is not within us, then god is not everywhere. And, if god had amnesia, god would not be aware that "god" was patting "god" on the back.

It does not imply that Simon was God in the flesh.

it does not imply simon was god from a perspective that god is not in all things great and small.

it does not imply simon was god if you quantify christ's words to mean something other than:
"that which you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me"

it does not imply simon was god if you easily dismiss christ's words:
"the kingdom of heaven is in you, and then all around you"

it does not imply simon was god if you disregard christ's words and teachings.

You're also stretching Jesus' words when he says "that you do unto me." This passage means it's credited to you as if you did it to him, not that we are actually doing this thing to him directly.

How sure are you?

If your belief were correct then Christ wouldn't have need to be born. The death of any human would have been good enough to atone for sin since it would have been the death of God.

but just like over 2,000 years ago, there is at least one person here who does not think every person, every observer, is god.

I don't think you're grasping what symbolism is completely.

ditto.

Now back to the actual subject. The honest answer is that the question is moot because it's an imperfect question much like this one. "Did you tell anyone that you stopped beating your wife?" No answer is correct, unless of course you actually do beat your wife. It's called word play.

there is no such thing as an imperfect question. Just imperfect people devoid of the tolerance and empathy necessary to answer the questions truthfully, in an attempt to see if truths of one are compatible with truths of another.

you said:

The honest answer is that the question is moot because it's an imperfect question much like this one. "Did you tell anyone that you stopped beating your wife?" No answer is correct

if no answer can be correct from your perception, then you are saying: a truthfully honest answer is an incorrect answer?

why is truth incorrect?

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   

That's cute, but irrelevant. It's just more word play.

if no answer can be correct from your perception, then you are saying: a truthfully honest answer is an incorrect answer?

why is truth incorrect?

The question is incorrect.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
How can a question be incorrect? Since it has not basis of 'yes' or 'no' or any such status until it is answered?

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Unbelievable....the reasoning here is shocking

Can god create a rock so large that He could not lift it?

Seeing as how the universe is the largest physical thing we know of then that rock would have to fit within the known universe, hence if God is able to create and manipulate the universe.....what then of a rock that must fit within the universe???

I'm puzzled as to how complicated the majority of you make such a simple question.

God can do all things which are POSSIBLE....God is a non-contradictory Being hence He cannot contradict Himself. He cannot create a square circle, a round triangle nor could He cease to be.....in other words He cannot "die" for He is Eternal.

When God took on flesh He did not empty Himself of "Godhood" but rather willingly set aside the "Glory" of God as He took on the limits of flesh and bone. So Jesus, as God, could not die for He is Spirit and Eternal yet the flesh aspect of Him could die, He could bleed, He tired, He hungered and He ultimately resurrected.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by UnrealZA]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZA
Unbelievable....the reasoning here is shocking

Can god create a rock so large that He could not lift it?

Seeing as how the universe is the largest physical thing we know of then that rock would have to fit within the known universe, hence if God is able to create and manipulate the universe.....what then of a rock that must fit within the universe???

2 great questions from a perspective that makes sense, and goes in a direction few travel, not physical travel, but mental travel ... .. . following one's own logic, which is what i think UnrealZA has done here, and has done it rather effectively.

UnrealZA says:

I like your train of thought here, alot.

1) "... Then that rock would have to fit within the known universe .. ..."
2) "... What then of a rock that must fit within the universe???"

Then the rock must still be at the very least capable of observing, hence be an observer, a self awareness, a concsiousness, a living intelligence. The rock that lifts the rock that is so big must first get underneath the stone that is so large, but the stone that is so large is everything. So, the rock that would have to fit within the known universe, would also have to get beneath the very universe it must be within.

I'm puzzled as to how complicated the majority of you make such a simple question.

the simplest answers are often overlooked by observers who think too much, or as you put it: "how complicated the majority of you make such a simple question." Although, sometimes it is not the question they made complicated, but they over-strech their own simple answers.

God can do all things which are POSSIBLE....God is a non-contradictory Being hence He cannot contradict Himself.

Yet, so many people see so many contradictions, not only in scripture (by picking and choosing which scriptures fit their needs/wants at the time), but also in everyday experiences. people see contradictions in everyday life as well. Why? Because from their perspective their God is not everywhere, their God is not everytime, their God is not all powerful, hence their God is the God of contradictions, since their God is not the God of Truth.

He cannot create a square circle, a round triangle nor could He cease to be.....in other words He cannot "die" for He is Eternal.

True, but peoples flawed perspectives allows them to see such contradictions, when the only contradiction is the peoples flawed perspectives.

When God took on flesh He did not empty Himself of "Godhood" but rather willingly set aside the "Glory" of God as He took on the limits of flesh and bone. So Jesus, as God, could not die for He is Spirit and Eternal yet the flesh aspect of Him could die, He could bleed, He tired, He hungered and He ultimately resurrected.

Thank you UnrealZA, thank you very much for your words of truth, and your time.

[edit on 15-10-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

it is word play, but not my word play. It is the word play i was born into, and it works on all words, in all languages, and when applied to all names, and when applied to all phrases, and it relatively works when one knows one's own truth. And it always provides truths, some concerning the past, some concerning the present, and some concerning the future, and some concerning other than earthly powers and authorities.

why is truth incorrect?

The question is incorrect.

No, the question is not incorrect. no question is incorrect, unless viewed from an observer with a perspective that is flawed.

"the question is incorrect" is a cop out.
"the question is incorrect" is giving up.
"the question is incorrect" because one is afraid to know the correct answer.

If you can not answer the question with a "yes" or "no" or "true" or "false", keep in mind that there is a god. and if you know that there is a god, you would know that there can be no false, there can be no negative, there can only be truth.

so, if you can not find an acceptable logical answer to your question of which you say: "the question is incorrect", then tackle the question another way.

If there is no acceptable answer to the question which fits within the confines of your logic, then .. . . .

Rebuttal the question with another question which negates the reason for the "incorrect question" to exist in the first place.

Walk around all sides of the "incorrect question".

Disect the "incorrect question".

look at the question that is an "incorrect question" from all possible angles, and you will find an answer or a reply that turns the "incorrect question" into a definable truth that you will own and you will know. Why?

Because you have chosen to acknowledge the question.
Because you have chosen to recognize the question.
Because you have chosen to accept the question for what it is.
Because you have chosen to love the question, and know it through and through, FORWARDS AND BACKWARDS.

You can extract the truth from the "incorrect question", and you are in control of the truth of the question.

what will you have lost?
what will you have gained?

I took your question and did everything i stated above. Which left me with another question, and also all the truth from the question.

"Why is truth incorrect?"

[edit on 15-10-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

It's just more word play?

It's irrelevant?

Only from the perspective of an observer with mind that does not have the patience, the tolerance, and the willingness to love the truth enough to have the patience and tolerance to apply the same mindset i have to each and every word in each and ever language and each and every name and each and every word to see what i am teaching is the most un-irrelevant thing. Why? you choose to not know that there is a god.

low = lo
tube = tub (there is no sound to the silent "e", so put it off to the side for a moment.

And, what is your lowest tube? What is LOW TUBE???

lo [mirror] ol .. .. . or hol .... holy? .... have your silent "e" back ... hole

tub [mirror but ... .. butt.

LOW TUBE to LO TUB

LO TUB [mirror BUT OL

BUT = BUTT
OL = HOLE

low tube ... . . . . . but hole

but, but, but ????

i have ownership of the whole butt, and i colaborate with all "buts" .. .

What do doctors prescribe to a person when they are not around?

medication, right?

and what form do medications come in more than all other forms?

Pills, right?

So, Perhaps there was more than just one TRUE meaning in the phrase:

"A PILL a day keeps the doctor away."

or, sorry, perhaps you knew that phrase better as:

" AN A PILL a day keeps the doctor away"

or, sorry, perhaps you knew that phrase better as:

" AN APPLE a day keeps the doctor away"

Your "alphibet" is my "all fib i bet".

IRRELEVANT???

It's just more word play?

It's irrelevant?

Only from the perspective of an observer with mind that does not have the patience, the tolerance, and the willingness to love the truth enough to have the patience and tolerance to apply the same mindset i have to each and every word in each and ever language and each and every name and each and every word to see what i am teaching is the most un-irrelevant thing. Why? you choose to not know that there is a god.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join