It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A black cat crossed my path last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Last night as we were returning home from an evening out our black cat crossed in front of us. Is that supposed to mean something good or bad?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Depends, how fast you were going. Was he a much loved cat?
If you killed it I would think you would be sad and that would be bad.
But if you only wounded it I would have to say thats good that its still alive.

Mark

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It simply means you saw a black cat. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Black cats are good luck in my opinion. I almost adopted one yesterday from the humane league. His name was Diesel. I may go back tomorrow and get him. Cats Rule!

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Cats do indeed rule. I've got two beside me right now. Cats have got humans perfectly trained.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have a black cat so my path is constantly crossed by him. I suppose I have had quite a lucky life since I have had him, well I've not got anything to complain about anyway.

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by pantha]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kiwifish
Black cats are good luck in my opinion. I almost adopted one yesterday from the humane league. His name was Diesel. I may go back tomorrow and get him. Cats Rule!

Hmmmm??? My dog's name is Diesel!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
It simply means you saw a black cat. Nothing more, nothing less.

lol just what i was gonna say

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by Kiwifish

Hmmmm??? My dog's name is Diesel!!!

Your dog roxx..if thats it in the pic! I got a dog...Used to have afew cats..and 2 more dogs. Alsations

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
Last night as we were returning home from an evening out our black cat crossed in front of us. Is that supposed to mean something good or bad?

I think it means a black cat happened to cross in front of you, no biggie. My cat is black "her name is Shadow" and she crosses in front of my path all the time. God, imagine if you were cursed everytime that happened? Wow i'd be a paranoid skitzophrenic basket case by now. Seriously though, i think your reading into that far too deeply and i really wouldn't be concerned. I believe some people are suseptible more than others to this train of thought due to many reasons, growing up being told this by others etc. Some if not most thoughts are planted into our subconsciousness at a young age, so when we grow older 'subconsciously speaking, we automatically equate these things with 'bad luck' or 'curses'.

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 03:36 PM
link   
My dad has a black cat, he's big and stupid so we call him Mr. Poose.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You know , I'm not the superstitious type, but I just wondered what some of you might think. I didn't run over him, in fact we brought him in the house and he kept rubbing against my book wanting to be petted. We put him out before bed and my wife found him dead this morning in the driveway. He didn't have a scratch on him. In fact she first thought he was alive when she found him. I don't know if he got into some poison or what. Oh well, we still have four left. But he was my favorite cat!!

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by TgSoe]

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe

At least it didnt pee on your shoe

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   
i also have a black cat..his name is black cat.....but if he is bad luck that could explain alot..j\k

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It doesn't mean shyte, a black cat crossed your path, nothing more. Don't be superstitious! Nothing good comes from it. Don't live your life in fear. There isn't such things as good luck or bad luck, it is all in your head.

new topics

top topics

join