It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tyrant's in the Caribbean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I log on to Above Top Secret every day. Well, at least I try to log onto ATS every day. But, as we all know, life sometimes gets in the way of a favorite pastime. Well, as of Saturday, October 14th through the 22nd, the benevolent tyrant will be roaming the "high seas". You might not hear from me because I'll be on a cruise!! Woo Hoooo!

I must have the best "in-laws" in the whole world because they are giving me and my wife a cruise to the Eastern Caribean; We sail from Ft. Lauderdale to Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands. Our next destination is Road Town, Tortola after which we sail to Phillipsburg, St. Maartin. Finally, we sail to Half Moon Cay, Bahamas and then back to Fr. Lauderdale. I can't tell you just how excited my wife and I are. It should be a blast.

We are sailing on Holland America cruises. The ship is the Westerdam.Holland America Itinerary (this itinerary is for the following week....I can't find my own itinerary for the Oct. 15th departure....so, except for the date, the cruise is the same).

Westerdam is the ship we are sailing on. It seems, from the website, that this is a beautiful ship. I suppose I'll find that out for myself on the weekend.

Looking through the Westerdam's own website, I noticed that they have an "internet Cafe". I suppose that they must use a satellite link. Anyway, I'll be sure to try to log on to ATS, if possible, just to let you guys know how things are going. If there is any hurrican activity, ufo activity, tsunami or military unrest in the Eastern Caribbean, I'll be your reporter on the spot. Of course, if terrorists try to take over the ship, I might be too busy fighting cabin to cabin to post. lol

By the way, if any other ATS members have ever been on a cruise, I'd appreciate some tips or, perhaps, some stories about your own cruise experience.

Finally, I'd also appreciate any info on what you can carry on a domestic U.S. flight. Are there still restrictions on what you can carry on? We're flying Spirit Air from Detroit to Ft. Lauderdale.

I leave on Saturday for Detroit so I'll still be checking into ATS until I leave. Thanks and I'll see if I can bring you ALL back a t-shirt.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Enjoy yourself, BT. What a way to get ready for another Canadian winter

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well, my bags are packed. Naturally, I'm bringing far more stuff than I will need but at least I'm taking less than my wife.

We leave from London, Ontario for a nice drive to Detroit tomorrow at three. We stay over at my wife's uncle's place. Our flight leaves on Sunday morning at six am so we have to be at the airport at three am......they told us to be there about two hours before the flight.

The we fly to Ft. Lauderdale,FLA. Once there we grab a Holland America shuttle to the pier where we board the Westerdam and then we are off........

i'm gonna spend the first day just stuffing my face and walking around, exploring the ship, while i'm half drunk......it's more of an adventure that way.

There is supposed to be an Internet Cafe on board using a satellite connection. I don't know how fast it is but, nevertheless, I hope to make some posts from the ship to keep everyone up-to-date on the conditions in the Eastern Caribbean. If there are any ufos' or if we get into the Bermuda triange, you'll be the first one's I tell.

Anyway, I'll keep in touch......woooooo hooooo :w:
:w:
:w:
:clwndn c:

join