It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall Warm to the Touch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The other day I was in my bathroom getting ready for work, and I placed my hand against the wall next to the sink, and the wall was quite warm. I took my hand away and placed it back in the same spot a few seconds later and the wall was the expected normal temperature.

At first I found this odd, but suspecting that it might be a hot water supply pipe that may be damaged, I reported it to the building manager, but she said there is no plumbing above the sink level.

The other side of the wall is my living room, and there is nothing against the wall that would cause it to be warm (just a desk and bookshelf). It's an old apartment building (built in the 40s as a hotel).

I never experienced anything like this before. Is it possible that it was some sort of spirit? Ever since this occurence, the wall has felt normal. No other unusual occurences have happened in the apartment since I moved in.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Is your place forced air heated or radiant heat? Have neighbors below? Garage below?

Chances are it was just a nifty little surge of warmer air that began circulating when your cold air return kicked in...(assuming you're forced air heated).

Some older buildings also have large iron floor grids for cold air return, and a slight temperature drop outside could "pull" heat from the upper floors to the bottom floors.

Older buildings are great huh?

If your curious, next time you feel the wall as warmer than usual, go to your floor vent (the cold air return vent) and hold up a lighter or match...you'll likely see the current of air.

Cheers!

JG

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The building has radiators for heat and window air conditioning units. I am on the third floor, so I do have neighbors below. I agree with you, though. It probably is just some wierd building quirk (although I have to admit I check the wall almost everyday just to see if it feels warm again
). If it happens again, I'll be sure to update...

Older buildings are great huh?

Yes! I prefer to live in an older building - so much more character than the big box apartments.

new topics

join