It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest games ever!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Anyone ever play the Medievil games for PS1. Personally I think they are two of the best games ever made for any system ever. If you have played them, tell me what you think. Also, what do you think is the best game/games ever made??

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
i always thought joust for the atari was way ahead of its time. one of the very few games from that time that i found to be fun. im just giving an answer that most wouldnt think of, but some might agree with. of course there are much better games, but video gaming had to start somewhere.

peace

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Mario Kart on Super nintendo was a great two player game. The original Sim City was also great fun to play on the Super Nintendo I use to play the game for hours with a friend. I can remember that Sim City featured a short guy with green hair who would appear on a blue screen and warn you of the likes of high crime rates.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
all the sims games rule, here is another game that ruled. not sure if it was on the snes or genesis. i think it was the genesis. anyways it was the very first populus. this game was sooo cool and so creative my sister and brother even played the hell out of it. while im at it ill name another awesome game ahead of its time.
out of this world. i also think it was on the genesis.

peace

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i loved metroid, kid icarus and maniac mansion for the ol' 8-bit NES. i also loved earthbound, super metroid and romance of the three kingdoms 4 for snes. but for ps1 my all time favorite game was castlevania symphony of the night.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Symphony of the Night definately has to be on the list, no matter who you are. That game is amazing. I would have to say one of my other favorites is Final Fantasy 8. That is my favorite one in the series, and the only one I can keep playing over and over.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The best games ever:

I my opinion, all of the Command and Conquer series, Transport Tycoon Deluxe, and for the Playstation 2 Metal Gear Solid series.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The original Metal Gear Solid still stands as one of the better games ever made. The other ones In my opinion weren't as good though. Same gamplay, different location. The story lines were amazing though. The story and gameplay from the first Metal Gear of PS1 still keep me coming back for more.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
The best games ever:

I my opinion, all of the Command and Conquer series, Transport Tycoon Deluxe, and for the Playstation 2 Metal Gear Solid series.

i agree with you , the cnc series rules. i think the first rts game ever made was on the genesis and it is called Herzog Zwei . it is complete ownage. i still own it and never was able to find someone back in the days who could compete against me. i hope its on the virtual console on the wii. this game would have a sweet following .

peace

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
in no srs particular order:

Phantasy Star IV
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy III
Shadowrun (sega version)
Fallout
Fallout2
Half Life
Half Life 2
Counter-Strike: Source
Populus
Doom
Quake III
StarControl 2
Tribes 1 and 2
Day of Defeat
Soldier of Fortune
Dawn of War: warhammah
Samurai Showdown
Tekken 3
Tekken 4 tag
All the Mortal Kombats
Medival Total War
Rome: Total War
Splinter Cell
Call of Duty 2
Blood2
Shogo
Pharoah
The Hereos of Might and Magic
Diablo I and II
StarWars: X-Wing v TIE fighter i believe there was 1 and 2?
JK II : outcast
Jedi Academy
SW: Battlefront 2
All of the Mechwarrior titles, I loved them all srsly

so thats all the top of my head srsly.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
tribes was cool lysergic. i freaking love old school fps. did you play quake 2, tha is when i fell in love with online gaming. team fortress was another that ruled way ahead of its time.

here is a game i loved playing and beating but couldnt play again because it wouldnt be the same after knowing the story.KOTOR!!!!!!!knights of the old republic.
kotor is one freaking awesome game. i wish it played more like jedi power battles but the rpg style worked for me. the story was perfect for a star wars title.

peace

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Hang on I missed something out. The game Zone of the Enders for playstation 2. I still haven't managed to get the second game. Apparently they want to make a third.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think I would have to add Resident Evil 4 to that list as well. The gameplay and the feel was so revolutionary to me. I still play it like its the first time.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Rygar, this game just ruled for its time. i had so much fun playing this game with one of my old m8s.

i was maybe 9 when this game came out and its one of the elite games my friend willy and i lost hours of sleep at nite playing till we owned it. final fantasy one is another game in this class that me and willy lost a weeks worth of sleep till we beat it.

those two games ruled.

i hope some new school games can enjoy such old classics once the virtual console hits their homes.

peace

[edit on 15-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Hmmm, I'm going to show my age here, but:

The original Pool of Radiance AD&D roleplaying game (circa 1989 IIRC)

Falcon 4 (still the best dynamic campaign ever)

King's Bounty (predecessor to the Heroes of Might and Magic series)

Police Quest

Space Quest 2

Sam and Max Hit the Road

Duke Nukem 3D

Each had an impact in a different way. My current fave game I'm playing is Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, which I think will eventually make it onto my all time classic list as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The best game on PS One was Medal of Honor this World War Two buff had a great time taking on Nazi Germany. I havnt played the lastest Medal of Honor game in the series but I was disappointed that the story was unresolved from Rising Sun. :shk:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Planescape:Torment is my all-time favorite.

edit for lousy spelling.

[edit on 06/16/10 by Katolu]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Oh man. Pool of Radiance. I still play that game sometimes. I had forgotten all about it recently though. I'm gonna pull that out today and play it again!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I never played the recent "new" version of Pool of Radiance, I heard it lacked spark. The original was one of the first true RPGs I played on the old IBM x86 we had back in the day (man, I was so impressed when we got a 20 mb hard disk drive. And 16 colour EGA over 4 colour CGA!). The original just seemed to have the right balance of quests versus exploration, and the fights were almost always to the last few hit points. Four adventurers (I think it was four) versus 50 odd kobolds. Halcyon days indeed. I don't think another RPG has felt the same for me until I started playing Oblivion recently.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
How about Medievil and Medievil 2...anybody ever play those? Those have to be two of my all time favorites.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join