Small Plane Crashes Into Building In NY

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
So the fact a MLB player who was a rookie pilot was behind the controls, who had reported problems, is not decisive enough to say this is a tragic accident?

The headlines are scary, Plane Crashes into Buidling in NY!

Before people have read the story, I am sure they have some sort of conspiracy.

How can you respond to the fact, Lidle who was in control of the plane, would have no reason to be a part of some terror plot, or scare tactic?

Back up some of your claims.

I firmly believe the government uses scare tactics, and I would support a claim that 9/11 could have been used as a scare tactic for the War in Iraq. But until information is leaked to support this claim, it is uncalled for.

Again, Tragic! Accident!

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Take a look at the Cirrus site , this plane has a design where the plane can actually deploy a parachute in an emergency

www.cirrusdesign.com...

I wonder why it was not used?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
it was used. part of the concern with the initial crash and cleanup was that chute. the chute is released via a small explosive device. if the chute isn't deployed and the plane crashes, the device might still explode and that might lead to more trouble (fire etc). So they were initially concerned that there was now an unused explosive lying somewhere in the city.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I have not seen any reference to the chute being deployed, even witnesses did not talk about the chute.

Can you provide a link?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The government really needs to ban VFR over big cities, this is ridiculous! The only pilots flying over heavily populated areas should be under IFR with a filed flight plan with constant communications with air traffic control.

edit:

Plus, be experienced enough to have a basic commercial license.

[edit on 10/11/2006 by djohnsto77]

Great. Thanks from all the rest of us GA pilots. Give me a break. Is there a reason you'd require a commercial license? Will the fact that the pilot has done chandelles, lazy eights, and eights on pylons make you feel safer? Next time there is a car crash in NY with a fatality shall we ban all vehicles except those with a commercial driver's license? Accidents happen. They're tragic. But this kind of knee-jerk reaction is prejudicial. Lidle may have only had his license 7mos but he clearly was competent enough to pass his PPL flight test with an FAA examiner. His flight was routine. Plus, he had a certified flight instructor on-board --- two competent pilots but the accident happened. As pilots we are required to have flight reviews every 2 years, maintain a prescribed level of proficiency and face stringent medical requirements --- not to mention the maintenance requirements on our planes.

We GA pilots took enough of a shellacing after 9/11. Everytime there is a GA incident (not even an accident just an off-field emergency landing or such) anywhere in the country it makes the evening news. People are given the false impression that small planes fall out of the sky like autumn leaves. Give us a break, huh?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perfect stranger
I have not seen any reference to the chute being deployed, even witnesses did not talk about the chute.

Can you provide a link?

Late last night there was a briefing from some flight bureau (it was late, I was tired) and she explained the risk factor with the chute explosion and she said it had been deployed.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It is with some relief to see that my hypothesis seems incorrect. If we can clinch that indeed it was an accident, that should ease the fears in the hearts and minds who had been shaken by the incident. Please pray for the friends and families effected by the tragedy.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Late last night there was a briefing from some flight bureau (it was late, I was tired) and she explained the risk factor with the chute explosion and she said it had been deployed.

According to this article:

"The plane that crashed into the side of a high-rise apartment building Wednesday comes equipped with a parachute designed to be triggered by the pilot in case of an aerial mishap, but there was no evidence the feature was used."

seattlepi.nwsource.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Perhaps what this lady from the NTSB was saying was that the explosive device used to deploy the shoot had been detonated.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

is this carl roves october suprise.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

Sorry but it was your post. I'm not prone to hallucinations. Why would you even post this remark? What does this crash have to do with politics? It's pretty obvious what you thought. Why? Small plane crashes are a common occurrence. There was not a single thing being reported to lead you to say this? Hatred is consuming this country. It's far more dangerous than any enemy we face. People are so consumed with this conspiracy madness they don't think rationally anymore. Next people with start blaming natural disasters on the government. Oh wait!!! They already are!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

norad just said they are putting fighter aircraft in skies above us cities.

do they know something we dont?

Quote number two in the same vein of thought. Starting to see why I though what I did?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

here is an excuse for bush to remind us of the horrors of 9/11 just weeks before the election.

how convenient for him . i see no reason he should go on camera talking about this if it was simply an accident, but i feel like he will respond to it. americans probably need some calming right now

Quote number three. The worst of the lot! Are you blind to your own words???

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

here is an excuse for bush to remind us of the horrors of 9/11 just weeks before the election.

An utterly irresponsible and useless comment.

[edit on 2006/10/11 by GradyPhilpott]
]

unless bush takes the opportunity to remind us of 9/11 through this accident.

Quote number 4. See a trend here? Read your own material before you attack me!
I'm done. Bye

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Let's try to stay on topic, rather than attacking the members themselves.

Every member deserves your respect, even if you disagree with the message.

I disagree with every lick of conspiracy being tossed around here, some of the posts have even been alittle bit disrespectful to the innocent lives that were lost. If I were to call out every member, I would be no better.

Again I reiterate that I firmly believe this was a tragic accident and nothing more.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Let's try to stay on topic, rather than attacking the members themselves.

No argument. I was responding to the post at the top of page 7. When attacked with a lie I defend myself. If you did not read it or the whole thread you would not understand.

This topic has multiple threads going for no reason I can see. It was an accident. My heart goes out to those left behind by the victims. Beyond that its just so much gossip.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
One final note, and then back to the topic.

As much as my post was directed towards what you had said, it was not solely directed to you yourself. We all have the right to defend our opinions, but the manner should be of a certain standard.

Please take no offense. This was nothing personal, just a point to keep this thread in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

No argument. I was responding to the post at the top of page 7. When attacked with a lie I defend myself. If you did not read it or the whole thread you would not understand.

This topic has multiple threads going for no reason I can see. It was an accident. My heart goes out to those left behind by the victims. Beyond that its just so much gossip.

four straight post and yet you still are unable to prove your lie. you said someone was walking down a path to BLAME this on bush. assumptions are the mother of all fu.. ups. why do you continue your misinformation compaign?

i respect people with an imagination, so i still respect you blaine.

is this carl roves october suprise.

Sorry but it was your post. I'm not prone to hallucinations. Why would you even post this remark? What does this crash have to do with politics? It's pretty obvious what you thought. Why? Small plane crashes are a common occurrence. There was not a single thing being reported to lead you to say this? Hatred is consuming this country. It's far more dangerous than any enemy we face. People are so consumed with this conspiracy madness they don't think rationally anymore. Next people with start blaming natural disasters on the government. Oh wait!!! They already are!!!
was a sarcatic statement, quit cherry picking and look at what i thought this accident was .

cnn just stated the fire is not spreading . the first picture i saw there was two windows engulfed, then i saw a picture of 4 windows on fire. i hope this fire is put out and the cause found to be simple pilot error or soemthing like a heartattack.

is this carl roves october suprise. im sure some americans are feeling the fear of 9/11 right now.

i think the dates you are looking for are 3/11 and 7/7 , maybe im wrong.

did u not notice i stated i thought it would be pilot error or a heartattack?

norad just said they are putting fighter aircraft in skies above us cities.

do they know something we dont?

Quote number two in the same vein of thought. Starting to see why I though what I did?

in your mind when i say "do they know something we dont?" that equals BUSH DID IT.

how convenient for him . i see no reason he should go on camera talking about this if it was simply an accident, but i feel like he will respond to it. americans probably need some calming right now

me saying bush shouldnt politicize this is saying BUSH DID IT? did u notice i said it was an accident ? you should have read past the word BUSH.

unless bush takes the opportunity to remind us of 9/11 through this accident.

Quote number 4. See a trend here? Read your own material before you attack me!
I'm done. Bye

again me saying bush shouldnt politicize this is me saying BUSH DID IT?
spreading misinformation is accepting ignorance not denying it.
i did notice ONE person saying something like bush did it. here you go.....

After reading this thread I'm just a little embarrassed to even be on ATS. The worst of human nature played out over a few pages of text. Now I'm sure the media will make his family's life a living hell for a few days with wild speculation.
By the time I'm off work, I'll bet it is blamed on Bush somehow.
I see one of you already started down that path.

imagine that, you are the only one who stated that it will be blamed on bush. quit spreading lies.

peace

[edit on 12-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

[edit on 12-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ok...I have gone just as far as I could go in the thread and have seen some on the Numerological Business Card symbolisms our Illuminati friends leave but not this one.

10-11-06

Rotate that date 180 degrees

9-11-01

Aint it cool?

And you dont even have to do the numbers like South Park suggested where Cartman says...If you take this number,,,add this number,,,take away this number ,,,multiply by 3,,,,and add back 2 < not sure what he said but something like that>

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
very interesting thread

looking back, knowing now what happened, its fascinating to see how people with the same data, at the same time, interpret events filtered through their own world view and come to very different conclusions

I know this is a conspiracy site, but it didn't take very long to see people getting into numerology, paranoia and conspiracy.

I was in midtown on 9/11, and I have to be honest, I figured it was a suicide or a regular old crash, because the initial report I heard was small plane, residential building.

anyway, I wonder how much peoples world views and filters taint their ability to assess other topics objectively ?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DickBinBush
You know what. It's tragedy and all that this happened. It brings back many very bad memories there in New York and, everywhere for that matter. But that is EXACTLY the reason why I think there is more to this story. Label me whatever you want, but there has to be more. Think about it..

Look at all that has gone on in the last few weeks and months. All the terror scares. All the bomb threats. All the threats of war. Nuclear detonations going off. School shootings. Then this? It's to create fear. It's a sign of things to come. It's all planned. It was all to plant images of 9/11 back in our heads. To remind us how much we need our government. To make us say "ya know..its terrible..but thank god it wasn't worse. it could have been worse".

I'm not downplaying any deaths in this whatsoever. I'm simply stating how I see it. Gut feeling is there is more to this. That's not my "conspiracy theorist" side talking. That's my common sense side talking. It's just too weird..

Something will happen this month
Watch out tomorrow
Friday the 13th
Good luck to everybody

your "condolences" are just lip service. you are downplaying the deaths.

I bet when you heard about this crash, your mind immediately began searching for ways to connect this event to 9/11.

its your world view and filters at play again.

don't even try to deny it, you already included references in your own post to your CT side doing the talking

debunk this

new topics
top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join