It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Plane Crashes Into Building In NY

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
We're putting aircraft in the skies- is this just precaution or do you think they know something we don't yet?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
They have a flight restriction now-1 mile wide.

MSNBC just confirmed 2 dead.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Boy, I wish I had cable again. All I can get is Jerry Springer and Inside Edition.

I think, however, if this were a terrorist attack or if it even appeared to be a terrorist attack the broadcast stations would be all over it like stink on, well, white on rice.

Is there a live feed on the internet for this coverage?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
A strange coincidence on 10/11.

look at the address.

524 e 72nd st

7 + 2 = 9
5 + 2 + 4 = 11

link   
here is an excuse for bush to remind us of the horrors of 9/11 just weeks before the election.

how convenient for him . i see no reason he should go on camera talking about this if it was simply an accident, but i feel like he will respond to it. americans probably need some calming right now

link   
Fox just said Norad is having its jets in all cities across America. I think I heard that right.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
MSNBC had reports of the plane making a sudden turn before hitting the building.

link   
Read that those places are pretty high class. I wonder if anyone significant lives in those units that were hit.

link   
Grady, you can get a DayPass on CNN for 99 cents. That's what I'm on.

Fighter jets are over New Orleans now. That could be a typical day though. They are just hanging around the city now instead of flying off.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
They said it wasn't a terroist attack because the don't know why they would pick the building that was hit. And there is no value to the building.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by enjoies05]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
here is an excuse for bush to remind us of the horrors of 9/11 just weeks before the election.

An utterly irresponsible and useless comment.

Fox News website reports that people are trapped above the crash and resulting fire.

Local news reports quoted New York Fire Department officials as saying two people were confirmed dead. The FDNY confirmed to FOX News that there are people trapped inside the building on floors above where the fire is located.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 2006/10/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Are you accusing Bush of doing/ordering this?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

]

unless bush takes the opportunity to remind us of 9/11 through this accident.

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Are you accusing Bush of doing/ordering this?

nope, but i see no reason he should talk about this on camera. accidents happen all the time. we will just wait and see if he talks about the horrors of 9/11 because of this accident. that goes for anyone in our government. it was just an accident.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
www.spiegel.de..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Spiegel Online was very quick this time (though they're just copying CNN reports, as it seems). Unusual.

I hope it was really just an accident.

In any case, that plane-and-building-icon proves to be burned in our minds...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
dunno about the election comment, it's a fair point to make but it works both ways? Does this rally everyone back to the flag in fear and rememberance of 9/11 or does it make everyone realize NYC is no safer now from airborne attack than it was then even though billions have been spent on it. The aircraft wasn't being tracked by anyone apparently.

Either way it's a stark reminder alright, not so sure it's good for Bush at all though

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

I respectfully disagree, and Jerry Springer is infinitely more interesting.

People are already starting to freak out over nothing.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I wish people would stop obsessing over the date and this whole numbers
thing, okay its October 11th, get over it!
Theres 2 people reportedly dead after the crash and there may be others injured
due to the fire, thats what's truly worrying. Please show some respect for these people. If we find out there's anything suspicious about this crash then we can discuss the details but at least give it a few hours when there will surely be some clarity about the situation.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by pmexplorer]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
ABC News is covering this story for those of you who are cable-ly challenged.

Reports are that this is an accident and not terrorism, but agencies caution that the investigation is "fluid."

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
anyone who died from this accident , and anyone else who currently find their lives in danger are in my mind.

i will say it again, i only wish for the best outcome from this accident.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
They said it wasn't a terroist attack because the don't know why they would pick the building that was hit. And there is no value to the building.
[edit on 11-10-2006 by enjoies05]

No political value, though a lot of financial value. I can't find out if anyone of significance lives there. It was completed in 1988, by Frank Williams and Assoc. Only problem I could find is that there was a bit of controversy when Sotheby's wanted to build a tower there that would have created a block in the western view from the Belaire. Doubt they heads of Sotheby's were that angry though.

If you want to go searching for information, hope that helps. They did have a penthouse listed for I think $4.2. But a million isn't much these days, so that could be anyone.

As for this being a sign of "how afraid should be", I'm saving that until I know each person in that building is ok.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join