It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Jet Pack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I don't know much about this video or if it has been shown before, but it sure looks like fun to me:

Personal Jet Pack

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Losing thrust would not be fun Grady.

I guess you could flap your arms real fast and hope it slows you down before impact.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Cool. Haven't these things been around for a long time? I think I saw footage of these jet packs from the sixties or so. Does anybody know much about them?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Grady - You may have just solved a mystery discussed on another thread.

Check out the MPEG on this link

www.rense.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
UM_Gazz

If you could maintain your presence of mind the fall might be fun in the case of losing thrust. It's the sudden stop that is likely to hurt, or not, depending on how hard you hit.

denythestatusquo

These things have been around for some time. Longer than I have been around, actually.

What drew my attention to this video is that it is apparently a recent video, it looks to be part of a university program, and might indicate new research that might perfect the technology.

en.wikipedia.org...

All flight involves risks.

Paragliders collide over NM killing one

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
Grady - You may have just solved a mystery discussed on another thread.

Actually, I don't know what that is, but if I had to choose a plausible explanation, a personal jet pack would be a good contender.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Cool. Haven't these things been around for a long time? I think I saw footage of these jet packs from the sixties or so. Does anybody know much about them?

Well, the Jet Pack was origionally design in the earily 60's with the intent of being used by the army for scouting missions. However, they have always been pleaged by high manafacturing costs and a very limited range. Their main use has been occasional apperences at special events(I heard that one flew at the opening of the Olympics, but I don't know which year), and in movies. Sean Connery flew with one at the beginning on the 007 movie Thunderball!

Beyond that, there more of a fancy, high-priced flying curiousity than a practical way to fly.

Tim

new topics

top topics

join