It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 & The Photon Belt

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Show me one article published by this guy.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Here's the first line of that hoax site:
"Award winning astrophysicist Alexia Demetria"

Right after that it uses the phrase "an interstellar energy cloud "

Guess what, someone from NASA did mention "an interstellar cloud". A hoaxer added the word energy. This purposeful misquote is the essence of the hoax - to lie and not tell the truth.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I couldn't find anything on him either. As for the info. I've seen stuff on it before like Sheldan Nidle's Photon Belt info. and the Electric Universe model and Hoagland's Hyperdimensional physics which I don't know much about, but I'm no expert in this area, and I don't trust a word the Gov. says, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I would like to see more debate on the info. though.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The site you referenced used a fake person to promote these claims. If there had been real information available and real research the site would have used it. But there was nothing so they made it up. Part of creating a good hoax is to try and give it some authenticity by making claims such as scientists actually researching the material.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I googled photon belt and all I got was a bunch of old (think like 15 years) sites that didn't say much beyond fear mongering.

Perhaps my timeline is off but didnt the star trek movie 'Generations' come out about that time with a threat called 'the nexus'.

In short there were a bunch of bloggers thrying to get the lemmings to jump off a cliff while they watch. I call hoax on this one.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join